Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Boring Game - 6.5/10

Played up to level 23 at which point I started to travel to different towns.

Graphics - 7/10

Towns are average, fields are about the same, dungeons are about average too. The login screen seems to have had the most work to it, very misleading....

Gameplay - 6/10

It plays very similar to World of Warcraft, ability to jump, get rides & pay for transportation between villages. Often times you will wind up agroing things you dont want in an effort to get some distance. The item drops are frequent & have the typical variations (good, rare, unique). Health & mana bars, lots of quickbar slots to worth it. Alot of useless filler skills, will have to browse forum to plot a character path. You will find the developers were gunning for a f2p warcraft "clone" with a "gore" setting.. I found alot of the same monsters in different maps, re-colored, re-paleted, smaller or taller =/

Grind Level - 5/10

The game has the backing of Korean developers, so you should know by now how it is. The game will suck you in until about level 20ish, at which point there seems to be a lack of quests. What is available involves alot of repeated running around back & forth. At level 23, exceptional mobs were generating 0.07 xp each, could not imagine how bad it will be at 30 or 40. Experience rewards from quests often knocking you up 10% your level or more (with rare occasions 50%+). My few attempts at dungeons were a dissapointment, as the experience reward for a 4 man team was pitiful. IF you pay for the basic or premium subscriptions you get +30% or +50% increased exp, respectfully.

New features 7/10

Some nightmare creatures that appear for 3 in-game hours. Dna stuff to enhance skills, possesion beasts, gory gameplay.

Very different, but not quite enough.

Conclusion:

Another korean grindfest trying to play off WoW's susscess, pulls you in for the first day or so. With bland, boring courier quests making up the bulk of the questing system & a grind curve that would put lineage 2 to shame, its not quite enough to keep players interested for long periods of time. Can be fun with a group of friends.

Comments

• praymespraymes Member UncommonPosts: 27

Another WoW geek....

Face the truth

• Ebonix00Ebonix00 Member Posts: 57

Horrible review. Comparing a game to another in a review is complete fail.

Apparently according to your review the game is shit because players have the ability to jump, travel from one town to the other, can recieve drops of good, rare, and unique quality, player builds have filler skills, health and mana bars are present (i lol'd), and quickbars (i lol'd again). Well shit, there goes 90% of current MMO's on the market.

Don't like the fact some of the monsters are re-colored, re-paleted, and/or taller? Well since you're quite the WoW pro you might recall the different types of human's, wolves, dragons, and monkeys the game had but of course it's ok to have re-colored, re-paleted, and/or taller mobs in that game because... well... it's WOW.

I gave the game a try last year and was fairly impressed with what I've seen for a F2P game.. which has a subscribtion service BTW that completely erased the grind you speak of. You didn't even mention their PvP system.. which shocked the fuck outta me because.. HAI they have battlegrounds too!.. WoW clone fo sho.

Conclusion: Delete this thread. Try again.

• TrucidationTrucidation Member Posts: 86
    Originally posted by Ebonix00

Horrible review. Comparing a game to another in a review is complete fail.
    Conclusion: Delete this thread. Try again.

What. The. Fuck. Reviews compare games all the time. Games are divided into genres for a fucking reason, dipshit - because people want to see how a game measures against the others. His comparison may be bad or inappropriate ("apples to oranges", that cliche ring a bell?), but comparisons happen all the time.

Looks like the only one failing here is you.

" In Defeat, Malice; In Victory, Revenge! "

• LongsnoutLongsnout Member Posts: 116
    Originally posted by minermarc666

your funny man this game has good graphics but man it horror man and doesn't really have a story and Grind city!!!

You really missed a "man" at the end, man.

============================================================

Nobody is useless, he/she can still be used as a bad example.

• DuferDufer Member Posts: 33

You also didn't mention anything about PvP.

• Calintz333Calintz333 Member UncommonPosts: 1,193

For me it was fun until around level  29 then I quit as well. Mostly due to the grind, games not good enough to be worth my money so I just moved on . There were few features I did like the nightmare system is nice I don't like PvP so I didn't really give that  a shot. Its never been my thing, and Iv played games that have been praised for their PvP, Im sure that this games PvP wouldn't have totally changed my mind if WoW, Aion, Warhammer, and Guild wars PvP didn't impress me. 

Game just felt to Generic Korean to me. Felt as though the game didn't really draw me in. 

• KavaskousKavaskous Member Posts: 72

I'm sorry. Separate from what this guy has said, I will have to agree with a lot of the negatives stated. I have a Lv. 65 Protector, Lv. 64 Assassin, and a Lv. 41 Warrior and have played all of the classes.  I was also head of one of the largest guild nearly a year on Lintra til I screwed up and that went down hill. It was only until I pulled my head out of Requiem's ass that I realized it's a bloodied pile of turds. Why? A lot of reasons. 

First of all - grind: I somehow sank an assload of money (well over $100) into the game over the year I played and sustained premium for the entire duration and yes, there are grind patches at parts like 40~45 (a couple levels have 2 quests only) and when you hit 46 you can rocket to 51 in a couple hours and hit second job, but that's with the benefits of premium and the occasional exp-booting item. For those who dont want to pay up or buy crack in the form of EXP+30% items, you're in for a hell of a time. by time yo git 63 you're done with quests, if you use EXP+30%(1 week) items nonstop you can get to 64 on quests but then you're SOL until 66 when you get 1 quest that, if you have premium, a +40% item, and a +30% event going you can hit 67 in an hour (with help from a decent group of people) and it's not until 70 you get a measly scroll quest to kill Werunuman and you get maybe 10% if you're high on EXP boosts. (i never got to that point so i wouldnt know) but really, end game is sad and Gravity really did wonderfully with the amount of grind. I was bored one day, and decided to log on even thoguh i had quit months ago and had never removed the damn thing, and tried to level my character to 66 myself on Black Spiders (Lv. 66 Elites) solo for 2 hours and got an amazing 5% - I say, %^&* that noise and logged off for good.

PvP- I never really did too much PvP, but I can say it was "OK" even though it was horribly unbalanced. My friends even did different types of PvP and had a blast, but occasionally would swear at the unbalanced classes, like being sniped from 40 meters away from a tiny Xenoan Gunner or 1 hit by a Berserker sporting top-gear, buffed out the ass, and plowing through people like fruit carts in a car chase. Server PvP is even nice, but for those who don't have amazing computers wil barely be able to play, and thus get raped, but don't realize it until the computer catches up and displayes the entire scene to them before collapsing on the ground in the form of a blood-stained cloud. PvP was a good 30% of the game, it wasn't shite, but it wasn't epic either. I refer back to the nearly impossible grind as grounds to sustain that, it's nearly impossible to compete with those who have actually gotten to max level and are decked out with armor made from a demon's spine and a dragon's pelt.

Quests - I don't even want to go here, just say, it's nearly non-existent. The main storyline is almost completely forgotten and thus ignored, and you get absorbed into side quests and a quest saying you need to save the region from a dragon, who is minding it's own business, but because it radiates pure awesomeness, the already POS landscape is more shitty than usual, and mutants are running amuk EVEN THOUGH they're pretty much doing that anyways. Really, this is something a lot of people might disagree with me on, but for those of you who do are either, blind, haven't gotten to high end levels, or you really don't know what a substantial and decent amount of content looks like, quest content should NEVER take 3 pages on a wiki, even in list form in 12pt. font. It does, and thus it is lacking and fail.

Content/Custom MMO stuff - not much. There's Gore, the DNA system, ServerVersusServer (I'm pretty sure it's not unique though), and the possession beast system, and those are the only things i can think of that are unique.

GvG - pointless, Affinity, to my understanding > all and only the top guild can get any benefits, like 30% more EXP for everyone, which might explain why most of their people are max level (Premium+EXP item+event+guild --->    [50%+)30~50%)+30%+30% = 240~250% EXP bonus] which i find horribly wrong...

Instances - Shit. Absolute shit. Chaste Sanctum is a prime example of how an instance should be once you ignore the bugs. After that you have Ruins of Lement and that's a whole hell of alot less intuitive, and every instance following, quite iterally, is a hallway with bosses along the way, and with the exception of Sunken Ship, are also not optional.

maps - alot more open and less linear, but it looks like copy paste work, checker-boarded patterns, and ploping small patches of grass doesn't hide it either Gravity <_<

monsters - okay, so this is questionable. I dislike the number of types of monsters but it works for the game i guess, but something i cannot, and will never let go, is the variety in monsters. a good 60% of the monsters are just clones of other monsters, and are simple distant reletives of one another. This is the single most, amazingly bland and uncreative work I've ever seen in playing MMOs. This is odd coming from someone who used to play Ragnarok Online, another game of Gravity's, and with the exception of a few monsters (which i can literally count on both hands) the re-usage of monster skins is almost un-existent.

future content - They're adding de-leveling in this grindfest deathtrap, nuf said. I'm pretty sure the above statement speak for themselves and most likely the additions made to this game will be slight improvements, or additional hallway-instances that will be sure to brighten up your day~! just kidding, it's probably soggy crap in a sock.

Really, I could go on for another half hour typing out why this game sucks so hard, but instead I will finish with this:

The game is good for a single monsth's play. Pay for a premium, and join a guild have a blast and powerlevel as high as you can, but as soon as you start getting bored, leave. Don't sink your money into it, it won't be worth your cash in the long run. In fact, with such an incredably small playerbase, i still don't understand why they're even keeping the game open.

Feel free to flame me, but I don't intend to return to this thread, so you're wasting your breathe you winey, inexperienced, PvE scrub(s). (That's aimed towards trolls looming by, for those of you that are just taking this as my experiences and season opinion on how to approach this game, you're a mature and insightful person and you should be proud of yourself.)

[Looking back, I must have been damn bored to have written all of this.]

Leader/Founder of Deritus Free Company - Chocobo Knights of Apocalypse Linkshell

• ruud666ruud666 Member Posts: 22

well all i knew is, every single person have a lot of perspective of any kind of game.

some says good some says poor.

but thats only came from our perspectivee. people free to spek what he think is true.

no game that came with every features implemented in it that every single player likes.

in my country RAGNAROK became the best MMORPG all the time. but there is people dislike it, so do i dislike it.

in my opinion that is it.

on my thought, i like blood, gore, and dark themes. so i go with 10/10 ^^ i dont relly cares other player thought.

• SK8R777SK8R777 Member Posts: 5

This game is a 7/10 till lvls 60 

there is an endless grind even for paying costumers

DUMBO

• JigskarJigskar Member Posts: 7
    Originally posted by ruud666

well all i knew is, every single person have a lot of perspective of any kind of game.
    some says good some says poor.
    but thats only came from our perspectivee. people free to spek what he think is true.
    no game that came with every features implemented in it that every single player likes.
    in my country RAGNAROK became the best MMORPG all the time. but there is people dislike it, so do i dislike it.
    in my opinion that is it.

on my thought, i like blood, gore, and dark themes. so i go with 10/10 ^^ i dont relly cares other player thought.

thats right, we all have different likings and tastes.

• l3ossm4nl3ossm4n Member Posts: 10

this game WAS a 10/10, the days when it still had all the skills,and what is great about the game is that it doesnt take to long to get to level 30 or so on different characters, just quest like hell, and they have a 8 different classes, which personally i think is great for a free mmo, but ever since the new version came out, well it sucks, and i bet most of the people who say this game sucks and all that, havent even partied a lot, because this game at around lvl 35 your gonna need to party go ahead and try to solo you'll die, every class has a weakness that can be overcomed by a different class, lol but good luck tryin to find people to do that.

• ruud666ruud666 Member Posts: 22
    Originally posted by l3ossm4n

this game WAS a 10/10, the days when it still had all the skills,and what is great about the game is that it doesnt take to long to get to level 30 or so on different characters, just quest like hell, and they have a 8 different classes, which personally i think is great for a free mmo, but ever since the new version came out, well it sucks, and i bet most of the people who say this game sucks and all that, havent even partied a lot, because this game at around lvl 35 your gonna need to party go ahead and try to solo you'll die, every class has a weakness that can be overcomed by a different class, lol but good luck tryin to find people to do that.

umm i thought yr not that accurate, im playin from S1 and now days, S2. On S1 the Skills isnt TREE MODE, and that is not as good as S2 that SKILL TREE is implemented, and some unusefull skill was removed on S2. and im started a new char on S2, and on 2 month grinding normally - 25% party and 75% solo grinding - use wepon and armor standard and reach lvl 52, had enough LANT, keep deposit some SKILL POINT+ DNA POINT and had a lot of friend. ^_^v

its normal , high lvl earn less EXP...wathever the game, it is, except u play PRIVATE SERVER game that had 500X exp mode...... ><

well but its free to comment anythin' bout this game, we all had a diffrent perspective on some object.... but still THIS GAME IS WORTH TO PLAY.

^_^v

• misterdurpmisterdurp Member Posts: 157

the game is OK, but nothing more. the world was bland, the enemies uninspiring copies of eachother and the community is your standard f2p gang, its not bad but not great either and i think its not as good as the 'higher quality' f2p games like Perfect World and Runes of Magic.

• chesiremorphchesiremorph Member Posts: 128

Wow this thread is hard to read. Conjunctions people conjunctions. 

Watch this about 100 times, it worked for me. =) 

BoB

• fairerfairer Member Posts: 8

awesome game! one of a kind

• sinsasinsa Member Posts: 31
    Originally posted by Kavaskous

I'm sorry.

you take so much time to compose that and no one's gonna read cause it's red and hurts the eyes.

• Mellow44Mellow44 Member Posts: 599
    Originally posted by Kavaskous

I'm sorry. Separate from what this guy has said, I will have to agree with a lot of the negatives stated. I have a Lv. 65 Protector, Lv. 64 Assassin, and a Lv. 41 Warrior and have played all of the classes.  I was also head of one of the largest guild nearly a year on Lintra til I screwed up and that went down hill. It was only until I pulled my head out of Requiem's ass that I realized it's a bloodied pile of turds. Why? A lot of reasons. 

First of all - grind: I somehow sank an assload of money (well over $100) into the game over the year I played and sustained premium for the entire duration and yes, there are grind patches at parts like 40~45 (a couple levels have 2 quests only) and when you hit 46 you can rocket to 51 in a couple hours and hit second job, but that's with the benefits of premium and the occasional exp-booting item. For those who dont want to pay up or buy crack in the form of EXP+30% items, you're in for a hell of a time. by time yo git 63 you're done with quests, if you use EXP+30%(1 week) items nonstop you can get to 64 on quests but then you're SOL until 66 when you get 1 quest that, if you have premium, a +40% item, and a +30% event going you can hit 67 in an hour (with help from a decent group of people) and it's not until 70 you get a measly scroll quest to kill Werunuman and you get maybe 10% if you're high on EXP boosts. (i never got to that point so i wouldnt know) but really, end game is sad and Gravity really did wonderfully with the amount of grind. I was bored one day, and decided to log on even thoguh i had quit months ago and had never removed the damn thing, and tried to level my character to 66 myself on Black Spiders (Lv. 66 Elites) solo for 2 hours and got an amazing 5% - I say, %^&* that noise and logged off for good.

PvP- I never really did too much PvP, but I can say it was "OK" even though it was horribly unbalanced. My friends even did different types of PvP and had a blast, but occasionally would swear at the unbalanced classes, like being sniped from 40 meters away from a tiny Xenoan Gunner or 1 hit by a Berserker sporting top-gear, buffed out the ass, and plowing through people like fruit carts in a car chase. Server PvP is even nice, but for those who don't have amazing computers wil barely be able to play, and thus get raped, but don't realize it until the computer catches up and displayes the entire scene to them before collapsing on the ground in the form of a blood-stained cloud. PvP was a good 30% of the game, it wasn't shite, but it wasn't epic either. I refer back to the nearly impossible grind as grounds to sustain that, it's nearly impossible to compete with those who have actually gotten to max level and are decked out with armor made from a demon's spine and a dragon's pelt.

Quests - I don't even want to go here, just say, it's nearly non-existent. The main storyline is almost completely forgotten and thus ignored, and you get absorbed into side quests and a quest saying you need to save the region from a dragon, who is minding it's own business, but because it radiates pure awesomeness, the already POS landscape is more shitty than usual, and mutants are running amuk EVEN THOUGH they're pretty much doing that anyways. Really, this is something a lot of people might disagree with me on, but for those of you who do are either, blind, haven't gotten to high end levels, or you really don't know what a substantial and decent amount of content looks like, quest content should NEVER take 3 pages on a wiki, even in list form in 12pt. font. It does, and thus it is lacking and fail.

Content/Custom MMO stuff - not much. There's Gore, the DNA system, ServerVersusServer (I'm pretty sure it's not unique though), and the possession beast system, and those are the only things i can think of that are unique.

GvG - pointless, Affinity, to my understanding > all and only the top guild can get any benefits, like 30% more EXP for everyone, which might explain why most of their people are max level (Premium+EXP item+event+guild --->    [50%+)30~50%)+30%+30% = 240~250% EXP bonus] which i find horribly wrong...

Instances - Shit. Absolute shit. Chaste Sanctum is a prime example of how an instance should be once you ignore the bugs. After that you have Ruins of Lement and that's a whole hell of alot less intuitive, and every instance following, quite iterally, is a hallway with bosses along the way, and with the exception of Sunken Ship, are also not optional.

maps - alot more open and less linear, but it looks like copy paste work, checker-boarded patterns, and ploping small patches of grass doesn't hide it either Gravity <_<

monsters - okay, so this is questionable. I dislike the number of types of monsters but it works for the game i guess, but something i cannot, and will never let go, is the variety in monsters. a good 60% of the monsters are just clones of other monsters, and are simple distant reletives of one another. This is the single most, amazingly bland and uncreative work I've ever seen in playing MMOs. This is odd coming from someone who used to play Ragnarok Online, another game of Gravity's, and with the exception of a few monsters (which i can literally count on both hands) the re-usage of monster skins is almost un-existent.

future content - They're adding de-leveling in this grindfest deathtrap, nuf said. I'm pretty sure the above statement speak for themselves and most likely the additions made to this game will be slight improvements, or additional hallway-instances that will be sure to brighten up your day~! just kidding, it's probably soggy crap in a sock.

Really, I could go on for another half hour typing out why this game sucks so hard, but instead I will finish with this:

The game is good for a single monsth's play. Pay for a premium, and join a guild have a blast and powerlevel as high as you can, but as soon as you start getting bored, leave. Don't sink your money into it, it won't be worth your cash in the long run. In fact, with such an incredably small playerbase, i still don't understand why they're even keeping the game open.

Feel free to flame me, but I don't intend to return to this thread, so you're wasting your breathe you winey, inexperienced, PvE scrub(s). (That's aimed towards trolls looming by, for those of you that are just taking this as my experiences and season opinion on how to approach this game, you're a mature and insightful person and you should be proud of yourself.)

[Looking back, I must have been damn bored to have written all of this.]

Now it's readable, enjoy!

All those memories will be lost in time, like tears in the rain.

• knighthonorknighthonor Member Posts: 96

Hey can I play a Male in this game?

And hows the PvP? is it FFA or Factioned?

• Rockgod99Rockgod99 Member Posts: 4,640

R:BM is a bloody version of a generic linear mmo.

If you dislike linear mmos then you could continue ignoring 95% of the genre like we do.

Playing: Rift, LotRO
    Waiting on: GW2, BP

• CleffyCleffy Member RarePosts: 6,412

PVP is FFA on Hammerine, and on other servers its battleground instances/dueling.  You play a male if you pick male in character creation and don't pick Xenoa. 

• majimaji Member UncommonPosts: 2,091

I liked the atmosphere (even though it has nothing to do with horror). But I disliked the bugs and unfinished feel when I played it about half a year or a year ago.

Let's play Fallen Earth (blind, 300 episodes)

Let's play Guild Wars 2 (blind, 45 episodes)

• archisisarchisis Member UncommonPosts: 58

The game is a money sinking grind fest. Once you hit level 60, the best xp is Jacobs Shrine grinding. Soooo utterly boring!

• OktoberBloodOktoberBlood Member Posts: 2

I started playing Requiem almost a year and a half ago.  Thru the ups and downs, I still love the game.  I buy my prem but I dont spend much in the item mall since I managed to build up a nice collection of things over time.  :)

I love the music, I love the graphics.  I have a nice collection of Screen shots with some nice views.  :)  The raid bosses are awsome especially when you can get a good raid party going :)  I do agree that the grind can be a bit much sometimes, but over all I dont mind it until I get to the last 5% of my lvl... then I get aggitated LOL  Some days it also makes it hard being a high lvl and being one of the ones that has played for so long but only because we are constantly waiting for Requiem to catch up with us.  lol.  

I happen to be lucky in that fact that I still game with some of the same people since I started a year and a half ago.  A handfull of us managed to stick together thru out guilds and such and still game daily.  I think this helps when it comes to the downs of Requiem.  

I have a lvl 75 Sin, a lvl 66 Mystic, and a lvl 50 defender who I have not chosen a job for yet.  My sin is my most favorite and prized character in game, but is also one of the hardest char's to grind.  

In my opinion..  If you have patience and you are willing to go thru the downs as well as the ups as this game grows and changes.. Try it.. GET PREMIUM.  $9.99 USD for one month.. 10 bucks isnt bad for actually trying a game.  You will never get all the benefits of Requiem unless you do.  If you dont have the patience and you want a game set stone and complete.. Requiem is not for you... come back in a year or so :)

Happy gaming !!

• renstarensta Member RarePosts: 728

Best game ever!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Basically clicking away text windows ruins every MMO, try to have fun instead of rushing things. Without story and lore all there is left is a bunch of mechanics.
    Add Multi-Quote

• l3ossm4nl3ossm4n Member Posts: 10

lol yes the skill system in S2 is better somwhwat all the fillers some classes have is pathetic. I still play cuz once you hit 60 or so and u can do some of the higher lvl dungeons and pvp its fun. I have a 63 protector 51 radiant, 50 tempest, 46 rogue and im curently working on a Battle Mage, but all in all this game is deffinately not a grindfest, and there is enough quests to get to 36 then 36-40 with some grinding, plus you have Ancient temple you can do for massive exp. so really around lvl 35 you get full feels for a character or 40 but if your someone who doesnt have any patience dont even download the game