Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

DDO vs AION vs RoM

LudipeLudipe Member UncommonPosts: 109

Hi there! Like many users i´m in that time of the year when you need a new game.

My three options are DDO, AION and RoM, so i decided to open a new treath so that you could advice me.

But first of all i have to say that i don´t want to spend too much money (The main reason is that i am a student and in this year maybe a monthly subcription would be a waste of money), and that until now my favourite game above all has been Guild Wars(I have played many mmorpgs but i have spent 1700 hours just in GW).

My early opinions about these games:

Aion(Haven´t played it yet)

-Looks awesome.

-i might be wasting my money if i dont play enough.

-what if i buy the game and then i dont like it? is there a free trial?

- Once you are above lvl 25 and you go to the abyss, is it neccesary to play pvp? (I like pvp but most times i just want to do some quests with my friends without being anoyed)

DDO(Played the closed beta)

-i love the game and it´s completely different.

-When i started low level players just went on their own, it was really hard to find a party.

-I am from Europe and i would have to play in the american server(To play for free) and i dont know of many europeans playing there.

-is it too limited if you are a freemium player?

RoM(Had a lvl 25 rogue)

I had a lvl 25 rogue in a Pk server because it was where the spanish community started, then they openned a new spanish server and i didn´t move because leveling again seemed to me like hell. Maybe now i could start again or maybe create an elf, is it worthy enough?

Waiting for your answers ...

Comments

• GishgeronGishgeron Member Posts: 1,287

DDO

Its not really that limiting as a free player.  You can't pick two classes, and two races.  A handful of adventures aren't there.  BUT you can earn the Turbine coins in game and use them to access that stuff anyway.  So, its pretty awesome.  Best Free game out I think.

Besides, if you take 15 bucks every 2 months and spend it on DDO you would still open up the whole game and have spent far less money than on aion.

• Gabby-airGabby-air Member UncommonPosts: 3,440

I have to disagree with the above posters, the trial is pretty limiting. If you liked rom i would say play Aion, it has everything rom has and more.

• SharessSharess Member UncommonPosts: 293

AION: Played it for 65% of first month... religiously almost before selling account. I got to lv 32... The somewhat forced grind due to lacking XP from questing Added to the incredible ganking in the Abyss paired with the spammers that attacked general trade chat channels and PM's made this game a no to me. So much junk but so much beauty at the same time. If you can handle a game worse of a grind than L2 with more botters *as long as u dont count the Personal stores* due to graphics alone, then this is a good game. If you need a well rounded game id suggest maybe not for you. Community is also somewhat poor.

Pros: Graphics and the fact that every character is OP to some extent (melee classes like Glad get REACH weapons making them wtf op later on like 40+) Thats from a ranged class view btw lol.

Cons: Gameplay, community, ganking, GRIND.

DDO: played beta Release and Free2play beta and present state - Game is solid, good for logging in and blasting some shit up when you feel like it and still has a gritty feel for it. UNFORTUNATELY and this is the only thing holding it back is that the game gets somewhat repetative once youve been through a dungeon and for leveling as you gain xp from missions not kills you will have to repeate a quest, sometimes 2-4x over to advance to the next area. Certain skills are MUCH more important than others for helping advance quests and such.

Pros: best F2P imo, Graphics are decent, Gameplay rings DND true, fun to adventure. Community.

Cons: Lacking population from when I was on (might have changed in last month). No PVP minus a small arena.

Sharess Dragonstar - Midgard
    Grievance is recruiting.