Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

2012, end of the world?

99% Maya predictions have come true .. they predicted that the automobile, the aircraft's production date. Some of the pro-may be asking. How they will know there is a thing called a car later .. that's what a strange place. in Egypt. some Maya civilization researchers  found these on a number of stones in where Maya lived. They predict that the date of birth and death *** .. exactly the same ....

Maya said, December 21, 2012 the dark night comes, the dawn of December 22 will never come.

Mayan prophecy, December 21, 2012 is end of the world. Do you believe?

A beaut in game.
welcome to my blog

Comments

• TheHatterTheHatter Member Posts: 2,547

99% really?

From what I've read, they haven't actually predicated ANYTHING. Like... at all. Nostradamus has, in his cryptic way, but one of the few things that he says clearly is that his work is good until 3797 or something like that.

Something that gets me though

"How they will know there is a thing called a car later .. that's what a strange place. in Egypt. some Maya civilization researchers found these on a number of stones in where Maya lived."

Are you trying to tell us the Maya lived in Egypt? Cause if so, that's news to me. Did they sail there or did they invent the Jet Planes themselves? Cause Egypt is about 7000 miles from where they lived.

You also realize that the Mayan Calender doesn't predict ANYTHING for that date. The Calender just ends. It doesn't have ANY predictions on it, it's just a calender.

I got a question for you........ who's telling you this horribly wrong dribble? or did you make it up yourself?

Edit:

I take that back about them not predicting anything. They have predicted things in space that can be predicted today as well through advanced astrophysics. Nothing like the Car or the Plane. lmfao

• GameloadingGameloading Member UncommonPosts: 14,182

Perhaps he meant researchers from egypt who took things from mayans back to egyp and studied there?

Anyway I don't believe it.

• beautingamebeautingame Member Posts: 6

I read this on internet, also I do not know where and when Maya lived at all. Just wonder is this just a rumor or someone's imagination? Is it the material of the new movie 2012?

A beaut in game.
    welcome to my blog

Originally posted by Gameloading

Perhaps he meant researchers from egypt who took things from mayans back to egyp and studied there?

Anyway I don't believe it.

If you notice, people didn't really start talking about this until the movie 2012 started hitting post production about a year and a half ago. Also, alot of it is done by the History Channel and I've read somewhere, I forget where but it wasn't a hearsay site, that Sony was actually paying pretty heavily for the History Channel to run their 2012 crap.

I love the History channel though, but I've done some research on 2012 and pretty much everything they have been saying over the last year or so has been very wrong and missing TONS of very important details. It's just a marketing ploy, imho. They are wrong on alot of their material actually, but I've never seen them so wrong and leave out so many details as they have with the 2012 stuff. They even like to run things about WebBot predictions, which has had thousands of predictions and only 1 or 2 come true.

Although, they did run an old version of one of the 2012 shows not too long ago and it had an interview with Penn & Teller. Penn said "Look, I can make predictions too. There will be a horrible tragedy in the United States in the next 5yrs. When it comes, just remember I predicted it." well.. that was made in 2003 and what happened in 2005? Katrina. He was showing how vague these predictions are and how they can be applied to pretty much anything and pretty much anyone can be a .... idk the word for a predictor. I guess that's the word, cause Firefox didn't throw a red line under it, but it doesn't sound right. lol

Originally posted by beautingame

I read this on internet, also I do not know where and when Maya lived at all. Just wonder is this just a rumor or someone's imagination? Is it the material of the new movie 2012?

Yeah, I think so. I wrote my last post while you replied. My hand hurts, so I'm typing slow tonight.

• ZindaihasZindaihas Member UncommonPosts: 3,662

Sure, why not?  There's nothing better going on at the moment anyhow.

But in all seriousness, I bet a lot of the prophecy will be self-fulfilling, in that, as we get closer and closer to the date, more and more people are going to become panicked about the prospect of the end of the world and are going to start doing crazy things, thereby making it appear as though the world really might be ending and could inadvertantly bring about the end of world.  So stay alert and learn to distinguish between false apocalypse and the real thing.

On a side note, now might be the time to invest in survival gear.  I bet by late 2012, stock will be through the roof.

Originally posted by Zindaihas

On a side note, now might be the time to invest in survival gear.  I bet by late 2012, stock will be through the roof.

lmfao

Mossy Oak stock here I come! :)

• GameloadingGameloading Member UncommonPosts: 14,182

The whole issue just has been blown completely out of proportion. Some people found out that spreading fear sells, so there were a lot of documentaries, books and even a movie made about it.

• beautingamebeautingame Member Posts: 6
    Originally posted by TheHatter 
    Yeah, I think so. I wrote my last post while you replied. My hand hurts, so I'm typing slow tonight.

sorry to hear that, hope ur hand get batter soon

A beaut in game.
    welcome to my blog

• IlliusIllius Member UncommonPosts: 4,142

Nope, don't believe in it.  This is all nothing more then another Y2K crap that happened 10 years ago, nothing more.  If you want to start stockpiling firewood, and canned food you're more then welcome.  I for one will just go about my busyness and if the apocalypse does come I can hope for either a swift death or a post apocalyptic scenario where I get to off a whole lot of people.

No required quests! And if I decide I want to be an assassin-cartographer-dancer-pastry chef who lives only to stalk and kill interior decorators, then that's who I want to be, even if it takes me four years to max all the skills and everyone else thinks I'm freaking nuts. -Madimorga-

Originally posted by Illius

Nope, don't believe in it.  This is all nothing more then another Y2K crap that happened 10 years ago, nothing more.  If you want to start stockpiling firewood, and canned food you're more then welcome.  I for one will just go about my busyness and if the apocalypse does come I can hope for either a swift death or a post apocalyptic scenario where I get to off a whole lot of people.

Well wait a minute.  It depends on what kind of apocalypse we're talking about here.  I mean, a nuclear or biological apocalypse where most of the population is turned into mutants or zombies, sure.  No problem with taking them out.  But if it's like a natural disaster ending, where the world is struck by an asteroid or volcanos and earthquakes destroy everything, and people are wiped out but their DNA remains essentially unchanged, you can't just start loppin' their heads off because it'll bring some entertainment into your life.

Well wait a minute.  It depends on what kind of apocalypse we're talking about here.  I mean, a nuclear or biological apocalypse where most of the population is turned into mutants or zombies, sure.  No problem with taking them out.  But if it's like a natural disaster ending, where the world is struck by an asteroid or volcanos and earthquakes destroy everything, and people are wiped out but their DNA remains essentially unchanged, you can't just start loppin' their heads off because it'll bring some entertainment into your life.

Well......... he could... just probably wouldn't be smart. lol

Personally, if I was around after the end I would want to be like the Teacher in the Postman.... just not at the end of the movie. Sounds bad, I know. But still, he was powerful.lol

• IlliusIllius Member UncommonPosts: 4,142

Well......... he could... just probably wouldn't be smart. lol

Personally, if I was around after the end I would want to be like the Teacher in the Postman.... just not at the end of the movie. Sounds bad, I know. But still, he was powerful.lol

Why do the 2 of you have to go and ruin my fun?

Well either that or I start my own harem and repopulate the earth.  I could still technically off people since they'd try and steal all my women so I guess I could still have my cake and eat it too ... as they say.

No required quests! And if I decide I want to be an assassin-cartographer-dancer-pastry chef who lives only to stalk and kill interior decorators, then that's who I want to be, even if it takes me four years to max all the skills and everyone else thinks I'm freaking nuts. -Madimorga-

• WickershamWickersham Member UncommonPosts: 2,379

The whole 2012 Mayan calander hullabaloo has gone on long enough.  Am I cursed to hear about it over the next 2 years?

It is a measure of time that has been distorted into something bigger than it is.  Here is an example of a measure of time:  A second - do we live in fear of the world ending with each passing second?  Here is another:  An hour.  Do you stare at your wrist watch at 1 minute to the hour hoping the the world will continue?  How about a day?  A week?  A month?  A season? A year?  A decade?  A century?  A millenium?  Here, is where the mayan cycle fits in - I can't remember what their cycle is called but it cycles every 5,125 years and the one we are currently in was not the first of such cycles - it will however be the last, and not because the end of the world is nigh, but because nobody will mark the begining of the next cycle; the Mayan culture is no more, which brings a sense of significance to this cycle - add to that fact that it is occuring in our time and we humans are so very vain.  Thus, we have the end of a cycle with no renewed begining, therefor, 2012 marks the end of a classic Mayan culture, but not the end of the world.

"The liberties and resulting economic prosperity that YOU take for granted were granted by those "dead guys"

• IhmoteppIhmotepp Member Posts: 14,495

Originally posted by Wickersham

The whole 2012 Mayan calander hullabaloo has gone on long enough.  Am I cursed to hear about it over the next 2 years?

Hang in there man.  Just three more short years, and it will ALL be over...

• Gabby-airGabby-air Member UncommonPosts: 3,440

lol maybe history channel has got me but i believe SOMETHING would happen in 2012, it might not end the world but ye.

Originally posted by Ihmotepp

Ummmmmmmm.... where did you get that?

I think I know that guy. He's in my ASM class.

• kobie173kobie173 Member UncommonPosts: 2,075

I read this on internet

And ... we're done.

So I started to walk into the water. I won't lie to you boys...I was terrified. But I pressed on, and as I made my way past the breakers, a strange calm came over me. I don't know if it was divine intervention or the kinship of all living things, but I tell you, Jerry, at that moment ... I was a marine biologist.

• HYPERI0NHYPERI0N Member Posts: 3,515
    Originally posted by kobie173

I read this on internet

And ... we're done.

Indeed.

It is also worth mentioning that according to the locals who live in what used to be the Myan Empire say that the callenda does not end in 2012. What actually happens is that the end of the current CYCLE ends in 2012. You see they belive in the cycle of life and the calender system reflects that, Birth--->Life--->DeathRenewal.

Another great example of Moore's Law. Give people access to that much space (developers and users alike) and they'll find uses for it that you can never imagine. "640K ought to be enough for anybody" - Bill Gates 1981

• RaeturusRaeturus Member Posts: 16

Not really. At least not anytime soon. But I don't ignore the probability of one day.

However, I have often wondered about  an individual's idea of their world and how big their world actually is.  Like when man thought the world flat.. go beyond that and you fall into the great void, or the villager who has never gone beyond his local area.  In this case maybe.. an end will come to his region and none other.

Another thought in these predictions and/or visions who's to say what they were seeing is nothing more than limited ideals and thoughts, once again to a particular area.

Perhaps in the very far distant future when man has exhausted the earth or we are struck by an asteriod. Oh well but world wide, anytime soon, not likely,  unless someone starts pushing buttons.

You know what?  I have conclusive proof that the world will end in 2012.  There are no documented cases of human beings coming back in time from the future, are there?  Don't you think if the world were still around that people would have figured out how to time travel by then?

There you have it.  It's as plain as the nose on your face.  How can anyone possibly argue with that?  Start making your plans now.  Time is of the essence.

You know what?  I have conclusive proof that the world will end in 2012.  There are no documented cases of human beings coming back in time from the future, are there?  Don't you think if the world were still around that people would have figured out how to time travel by then?
    There you have it.  It's as plain as the nose on your face.  How can anyone possibly argue with that?  Start making your plans now.  Time is of the essence.

Except you forgot the multiverse theory that crushes the butterfly effect theory and says you can go back in time and kill your grandfather, but suffer no ill effects. :-P

I think Hawking supports it.

• MuramasaMuramasa Member Posts: 3

It's really scary that it was my first time to post here and I read of this thread... well we know it has an end but still as a human being hope that we have time to prepare.....if ever that we already had a definite time... huhuhhu

• MunkiMunki Member CommonPosts: 2,128

Except you forgot the multiverse theory that crushes the butterfly effect theory and says you can go back in time and kill your grandfather, but suffer no ill effects. :-P

I think Hawking supports it.

Except if every possible outcome exists in a different universe... then in one of those I developed a way to travel between multiverses.

In another I found a way to send something to every universe.

In another I found a way to destroy a universe.

In another I've already destroyed every universe... But why aren't we dead?

after 6 or so years, I had to change it a little...