Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

cherry coke or vanilla or just good old coca cola is the cataclysm just the same thing in a differen

sorry i could nt  resist the comparisons . while i actually think the idea of a catasclysmic event changing the existing game world preferable over another lich king or burning crusade . i cant help but wonder how different its going to be . Blizzard really are going to have to pull a rabbit out of the hat on this one and i dont mean by adding battlegrounds ,instances ,raids etc . as the name suggest there needs be a complete upheaval in warcraft to keep it interesting . i m not sure if this will happen . if it does you could see a lot of people like myself who totally disaprove of what the game has become return but  its unlikly because it would mean turning the clock back on a number of issues like being able to have horde and allie characters on the same server. ( unthinkable a year or two ago ) . i think it will excite the ardent fans a bit like each new version of startrek excited the trekkers or is it trekkies . but where it ll be a limping franchise like enterprise or somthing totally fresh like the latest trek movie is anyones guess

dontcha just love analogys

bet zorn calls me a wowhater again when i m not i really like the game just dont like where its gone in the last two years .

Comments

• PalebanePalebane Member RarePosts: 4,011

Don't be surprised if its alot of the same old stuff with a couple new fluff additons.

BTW, I prefer cherry coke, though I do enjoy Pepsi more.

Vault-Tec analysts have concluded that the odds of worldwide nuclear armaggeddon this decade are 17,143,762... to 1.

• sevitothsevitoth Member UncommonPosts: 375

Blizzard doesn't need to radically change the game. Last time I checked, their sub numbers were still pretty damn good.

Besides, what else are you going to play? WOW may not be perfect, but the rest of the MMOs out there suck bad enough to keep it on top comfortably.

Currently Playing: DAOC Uthgard

Previously Played: UO, DAOC, Shadowbane, AC2, SWG, Horizons, COX, WOW, EQ2, LOTRO, AOC, WAR, Vanguard, Rift, SWTOR, ESO, GW2.

• XiaokiXiaoki Member EpicPosts: 3,846

So, basically you want WoW to completely change its core game?

Didnt we have something like this happen before to another MMO?

I believe it was Star Wars Galaxies.

Now, exactly how well recieved was that again?

Oh yeah, it was one of the biggest mistakes in MMOs EVER and has garnered the hatred of a legion of former players for the game and SOE as a whole that still burns bright 4 years later.

Also, why would Blizzard even want people like you back? You left before and you'll leave again.

• Musket-SquidMusket-Squid Member UncommonPosts: 386

When have they ever changed on any of the things they have released. It will be the same crappy game play with the same crappy style achievements. Will be the same game with some different  but same stuff.

How many delicate flowers have you met in Counterstrike?

I got a case of beer and a chainsaw waiting for me at home after work.

• ThenariusThenarius Member Posts: 1,106
    Originally posted by Bruise187

When have they ever changed on any of the things they have released. It will be the same crappy game play with the same crappy style achievements. Will be the same game with some different  but same stuff.

Oh, you're so damn ignorant.

When other MMOs release expansion after expansion that means another single zone, you praise it so hard, even if it adds nothing in terms of game mechanics. But Cataclysm adds a lot more than that: it chances class customisation drastically, it adds guild leveling, guild abilities. Have some clue before you post.

• Demz2Demz2 Member Posts: 435

So wait now the idiots have gone from mcdonalds, the beetles, led zepplin, steak,britney spears, BMW, toyota, apples, oranges, to Coke and cheery coke.  This site just gets more and more ridculous evryday.

• googajoob7googajoob7 Member Posts: 866
    Originally posted by sevitoth

Blizzard doesn't need to radically change the game. Last time I checked, their sub numbers were still pretty damn good.

Besides, what else are you going to play? WOW may not be perfect, but the rest of the MMOs out there suck bad enough to keep it on top comfortably.

Can you tell me where it was exactly you checked the subscriber numbers because to my knowlage Blizzard hav nt released any in nearly a year ? . all i can find now is unofficial and possibly dubious sources .

• KyleranKyleran Member LegendaryPosts: 43,498

Diet Cherry Coke baby, that's the way to go.

Oh, what the heck were we talking about again?

WOW hasn't really been different since it released, all content is just reskinned, bumped up in level and rehashed.

Why would you really expect anything different?

You either enjoy it or you don't.

"True friends stab you in the front." | Oscar Wilde 

"I need to finish" - Christian Wolff: The Accountant

Just trying to live long enough to play a new, released MMORPG, playing New Worlds atm

Fools find no pleasure in understanding but delight in airing their own opinions. Pvbs 18:2, NIV

Don't just play games, inhabit virtual worlds™

"This is the most intelligent, well qualified and articulate response to a post I have ever seen on these forums. It's a shame most people here won't have the attention span to read past the second line." - Anon

• TorikTorik Member UncommonPosts: 2,342
    Originally posted by Kyleran

Diet Cherry Coke baby, that's the way to go.

I actually like Lime Coke although in my area only the Diet version is sold.

• Tutu2Tutu2 Member UncommonPosts: 572
    Originally posted by googajoob7

sorry i could nt  resist the comparisons . while i actually think the idea of a catasclysmic event changing the existing game world preferable over another lich king or burning crusade . i cant help but wonder how different its going to be . Blizzard really are going to have to pull a rabbit out of the hat on this one and i dont mean by adding battlegrounds ,instances ,raids etc . as the name suggest there needs be a complete upheaval in warcraft to keep it interesting . i m not sure if this will happen . if it does you could see a lot of people like myself who totally disaprove of what the game has become return but  its unlikly because it would mean turning the clock back on a number of issues like being able to have horde and allie characters on the same server. ( unthinkable a year or two ago ) . i think it will excite the ardent fans a bit like each new version of startrek excited the trekkers or is it trekkies . but where it ll be a limping franchise like enterprise or somthing totally fresh like the latest trek movie is anyones guess
    dontcha just love analogys
    bet zorn calls me a wowhater again when i m not i really like the game just dont like where its gone in the last two years .

There's no need to radically change the game. That's not what the majority of players want, want they want more of the same with something fresh sprinkled in. The game's obviously hugely successful, best not to tamper with the formula.