Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Got Left 4 Dead for 7.50. Never played so excited.

I have been wanting to play Left 4 Dead for a long time but never got around to it. I know Left 4 Dead 2 is out and I hear it is better, and i have the money, but I figure that I should, first, spend 7.50 to play the first one to see if the game type will be for me. The sale goes on, on Steam, for the remainder. So if you have been curious to play now is the time, just spend the 7.50 even though you might spend another 50.00 for part 2. If anything you will enjoy part 1 until part 2 goes down in pricing. I mean....a lot of people still play counter-strike; you should be good =)

Comments

• ThenariusThenarius Member Posts: 1,106

They play a lil' bit different. I, for one, consider L4D Expert a lot more casual than L4D2 Expert and camping in L4D2 is a viable option for a very few seconds only. But sure, the basic gameplay is the same...shoot zombies!

• WhackANewbieWhackANewbie Member Posts: 225

I figured they had some difference but since I have never played I figured, figured, figured....that 7.50 is worth playing the first to see if I will go for the 2nd.

• ThenariusThenarius Member Posts: 1,106
    Originally posted by WhackANewbie

I figured they had some difference but since I have never played I figured, figured, figured....that 7.50 is worth playing the first to see if I will go for the 2nd.

Well, I can tell you one thing: L4D will feel like an early beta after playing L4D2.

• WhackANewbieWhackANewbie Member Posts: 225

Fine by me. Like I said, I'd rather spend 7.50 on part 1 to see if it's 'my bag' and then shell out the extra. it's only 7.50. I can afford it; I just have to not feed my kid for 2 days.

• GameloadingGameloading Member UncommonPosts: 14,182

Yeah it's a pretty nice deal.

• xanphiaxanphia Member Posts: 684

Yeah that was a solid deal on Steam. Today they have the full GW Trilogy on sale for 24.99...

Really considering picking it up.

• pencilrickpencilrick Member Posts: 1,550
    Originally posted by WhackANewbie

I have been wanting to play Left 4 Dead for a long time but never got around to it. I know Left 4 Dead 2 is out and I hear it is better, and i have the money, but I figure that I should, first, spend 7.50 to play the first one to see if the game type will be for me. The sale goes on, on Steam, for the remainder. So if you have been curious to play now is the time, just spend the 7.50 even though you might spend another 50.00 for part 2. If anything you will enjoy part 1 until part 2 goes down in pricing. I mean....a lot of people still play counter-strike; you should be good =)

Left4Dead may not have the graphics of the sequel, but it allows you more breathing room for strategy.  Left4Dead 2 is just non-stop action; almost too much action.

You got a good game and a good deal, I think.

• leinad312leinad312 Member UncommonPosts: 319

L4D2 is $29.99 on Amazon.com right now, just ordered my copy :)

Playing - FFXIV,  ESO
    Played - FFXI, WoW, Lineage 2, Guild Wars, Aion, SWToR, LotRO, GW2, TERA, Rift, ArcheAge, TSW

• astrob0yastrob0y Member Posts: 702

Its a thrill to play them game. And its even better if you can play the campange with friends :) 

I7@4ghz, 5970@ 1 ghz/5ghz, water cooled||Former setups Byggblogg||Byggblogg 2|| Msi Wind u100

• JazqaJazqa Member Posts: 465

Great deal! I just paid 49,99€ for L4D2 and it's awesome. Though of course i have l4d too :)