Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Having a problem and I dont know where else to go. . .

ChaosWolf85ChaosWolf85 Member Posts: 13

Well, the title may be a little over dramatized, but I really am having a problem. . .

Im going to buy a new rig pretty soon here and I dont know if I should buy Ati or Nvidia. . .

The thing is, most games I play are nvidia optomized and although PhysX is just a cheap parlor trick (because being able to kick papers and break tiles sells video games right) I do like kicking papers and breaking tiles.

That's where my love for Nvidia ends and the love for ati begins.

I am going for a triple monitor set up and hell Ati has that built in, they also have Dx11 where nvidia has stayed out of that market up until now. . .

So. . . Ati or Nvidia? Or should I just smoke a barrel of meth and use Ati AND Nvidia in the same machine . .?

Comments

• ste2000ste2000 Member EpicPosts: 6,194

If you really have to buy now, then it is ATI.

If you can wait few months NVidia is planning to release a brand new chip, but it will take months before you can get the cheap version for it.

So I say ATI definetly

• Loke666Loke666 Member EpicPosts: 21,441

You should really wait for the next gen Nvidia cards. Even if you end up buying the ATI cards you can at least compare them fair then.

I run a 295 GTX and while it is a really solid card it is still better to wait for the next gen than to buy it, besides will the price of it drop when the new cards is out.

Relax a little bit and save up some money to get the next gen top card instead of buying what will be old stuff soon.  

• CleffyCleffy Member RarePosts: 6,412

As it is right now the only price range nVidia is reasonable is $107~$120.  Its outperformed in every price category right now.  As far as PhysX is concerned, it will be a non-issue soon enough as both companies have adopted open physics GPU support in Compute Shaders and Open CL.  No developer in their right mind would limit their audience to nVidia users.