Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Ghost town USA

JesloJeslo Member Posts: 8

ok so im currently in the character creation getting rdy to make my first eq2 toon.ive been reading alot about the game and am excited to start the free trial up.only thing im worried about is the same thing that makes me leave every other mmo i try.I always get stuck on a lowpop server! makes me want to pull my hair out...so before i doom myself to a dead server once again can anyone tell me the higher population servers in the game?

Jeslo Sahel...Looking for a good MMO with lots of PVP

Comments

• Nightbringe1Nightbringe1 Member UncommonPosts: 1,335

Antonia Bayle is the highest pop server. High enough where it experiances lag during peak hours, but if your primary concern is population that server has it.

( I may have mispelled the server name, it is not the one I play on. )

Any fool can criticize, condemn and complain and most fools do.
    Benjamin Franklin

• JesloJeslo Member Posts: 8

mmk cool could you by any chance tell me what the difference is between the pvp and rp server? cause i am also looking for a server where i will be able to do a good amount of pvp endgame.by joining the rp server that you stated would that kinda kill off my shots at lots of pvp endgame?  sorry for all the question = )

• zunarnzunarn Member CommonPosts: 97

Well honestly EQ2 is geared more towards pve so if you want to pvp, you need to join the pvp servers, all the others are only pve including the rp servers. If you start in Antonia Bayle and need help, look me up, toon name = sig name also.

• JesloJeslo Member Posts: 8
    Originally posted by zunarn

Well honestly EQ2 is geared more towards pve so if you want to pvp, you need to join the pvp servers, all the others are only pve including the rp servers. If you start in Antonia Bayle and need help, look me up, toon name = sig name also.

hmm i see problem is i kinda want to do both.basically i want to have my cake eat it too and then come back for another piece.Yes i know im greedy..Would you say joining the antonia bayle would basically gurantee me no pvp? if that is the case am i better off going on the pvp server if i would like a balanced mix of pvp and pve endgame?

• MoorqueenMoorqueen Member UncommonPosts: 40

There are 3 PVP servers, Nagafen, Venekor, and Vox.  Venekor is a RP-PVP server and Vox is an Exchange server whree you are allowed to buy gold etc..  I believe Nagafen and Venekor are two most populated PVp servers especially Venekor.

• VarnyVarny Member Posts: 765

I wouldn't bother with the PVP in this game because of how the game is designed for PVE there are so many game breaking things in PVP which get annoying and the balance is horrible. 

If you want PVP fantasy then play WoW because it's much better.

• delete5230delete5230 Member EpicPosts: 7,081

It's been almost a year since I played.   But I think it would be best to start in the ROK starting zones, as it gives the best exp. and gear, I don't think many start in the old starting zones.

Cant remember the name of the starting zones

• MoiraeMoirae Member RarePosts: 3,318
    Originally posted by Jeslo

ok so im currently in the character creation getting rdy to make my first eq2 toon.ive been reading alot about the game and am excited to start the free trial up.only thing im worried about is the same thing that makes me leave every other mmo i try.I always get stuck on a lowpop server! makes me want to pull my hair out...so before i doom myself to a dead server once again can anyone tell me the higher population servers in the game?

1. Its Thanksgiving

2. You won't find anyone in the lower levels and there are so many zones in the game that players are spread everywhere. This is an old game and you don't stay in the levels below 30 for long.

Think about it.

• quixadhalquixadhal Member UncommonPosts: 215

If you don't have any other reasons (friends playing, guilds, etc), I'd suggest the Antonia Bayle server.  It's classified as a role-playing server, but it's also one of the highest population servers and has a very solid economy, or at least it did when I played over a year ago.

Extra bonus in that I think there are more frequent GM-run events, which can be quite fun if you happen upon one.

I actually played on Unrest, because my guild mates chose that one.  It's not quite as busy, and has a lower economy, but once you get up into the 30's you'll find people around you.