Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

I don't understand

2»

Comments

• FariicFariic Member Posts: 1,546
    Originally posted by wyrdaskolir

But will the basic futures at launch keep many of its supporters? Is it enough to make the game enjoyable?

It will if what you want is a game just like UO.  At least that's what I believe.

If you're looking for something like AC, or Shadowbane, then no.

DF is the game you want.

• SlampigSlampig Member UncommonPosts: 2,342

I just wonder how many people actually beta TEST games these days. 

That Guild Wars 2 login screen knocked up my wife. Must be the second coming!

• oramiooramio Member Posts: 121

Beta testers pissed of bugs in a beta? Or missing features? Guys, complain about them on release. If you say that the game sucks because concept is bad, ideas behind this or that sucks, I can understand that, but for a game in beta, I am having difficulty

• xpiherxpiher Member UncommonPosts: 3,310
    Originally posted by wyrdaskolir

But will the basic futures at launch keep many of its supporters? Is it enough to make the game enjoyable?

If you like RP yes.

Games:
    Currently playing:Nothing
    Will play: Darkfall: Unholy Wars
    Past games:
    Guild Wars 2 - Xpiher Duminous
    Xpiher's GW2
    GW 1 - Xpiher Duminous
    Darkfall - Xpiher Duminous (NA) retired
    AoC - Xpiher (Tyranny) retired
    Warhammer - Xpiher

• colutrcolutr Member Posts: 333
    Originally posted by Fariic

Originally posted by ghoul31

Originally posted by Fariic

There will be bugs, the server will be ruff, it will have only the base content.  For the kind of game WoW is, that's basically how it released, with unstable servers, bugs, and no endgame content. 

Thats nonsense. WOW wasn't missing its crafting system, most of its skills, most of its mobs, it wasn't terribly buggy, 2 months before release.

Really?

I guess the only thing I can say is,

NO SHIT!

WoW wasn't made by 18 people either.

Blizzard wasn't an indipendant company making thier first game.

WoW doesn't allow you to craft something like 1.4 million things.

And this isn't WoW.

It's MO, and it's still in BETA.

It's rumored that the next patch will have the crafting system in.

The important thing is.  When it is put in, we know it should work for the most part, we've been testing the base mechanics of it for like 4 months now.  They only need to test the actually minigame.

But then,

They also said the game would release with basic crafting. 

For all I know, what's there now is basic crafting.

140 million variations of weapons and armors.

Also cant stress enough how we arent testing the game but how the systems work. They take the information they recieve from us testing the systems and apply it to the final system. Then they present a basic version of that final system, have us test it and apply it to the actual system. Thats when they do more internal testing to see how the final system will be.

Open beta is when we will get to test how well all of the final systems work together.