Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Just came back from Ninja Assassin

Rikimaru_XRikimaru_X Member UncommonPosts: 11,718

I thought this movie was awsome! It's a great movie even though it took me a little longer to fully get the story down. I do think this is one of the best ninja movies out there. I just had a tiny problem with one blood cgi part where they probabily could have used some real stuff cuz it looked about 35% fake. Other than that this ninja recommends this movie. Also if your not into gore and A LOT OF BLOOD, i suggest you pass it up and go watch New Moon or somethin.

-In memory of Laura "Taera" Genender. Passed away on Aug/13/08-
|
RISING DRAGOON ~AION US ONLINE LEGION for Elyos

Comments

• IlliusIllius Member UncommonPosts: 4,142

Good stuff.  I'm gonna go see it on Sunday more then likely.  Get a heap of friends and take up an entire row in the theater.  Thanks for the heads up.

No required quests! And if I decide I want to be an assassin-cartographer-dancer-pastry chef who lives only to stalk and kill interior decorators, then that's who I want to be, even if it takes me four years to max all the skills and everyone else thinks I'm freaking nuts. -Madimorga-

• NagelFireNagelFire Member Posts: 409

Metacritic trashed it.. it got something like a 35/100

-------------------------

• IhmoteppIhmotepp Member Posts: 14,495

I just saw it and it was great.

If you like drama and love stories, chick flicks, and serious films that are socially conscious this movie might not be for you.

If you like bad ass Ninja moves, and buckets of blood, more flying shurikens than rabid fanbois on MMORPG.com,  then get some popcorn and go see Ninja Assassins!

I don't mind cgi blood. Just like I didnt' mind the real fake blood (oxymoron right?) in Kill Bill. Bring it on. The more cgi blood the better.

Also saw the trailer for Prince of Persia. Looks great.

• Rikimaru_XRikimaru_X Member UncommonPosts: 11,718

I missed the trailer for Prince of Persia. I must say even though most cricits slammed the movie, the audience really loved it. I mean Ninja Assassin is pretty much the way the matrix (not explaining everything but has something there) so I mean it's kind of hypricital for most to hit on the story. You know what you was gonna get out of the brothers....well I'm not defending Speed Racer though. I didn't see that new one.

|

• Rayx0rRayx0r Member, Newbie CommonPosts: 2,902

I cant get over the title.  It sounds like something from engrish.com.  *edit* I mean, isnt the title redundant?

“"If you want a picture of the future, imagine a robot foot stomping on a human face -- forever."

I know how you feel in a way, but if you think about it you can't just call it Ninja and you can't just call it Assassin, because there are all kinda and I'm happy they didn't use some anime oriented name. When it boils down to it, Ninja Assassin is good. Just like Assassin's Creed, Tenchu: Steath Assassin. So I don't find it redundent.

|

• TheHatterTheHatter Member Posts: 2,547

I've been stoked about this movie since I first saw the trailers. I'm going to see it tonight with a buddy, while our wives go watch New Moon. lol

• IlliusIllius Member UncommonPosts: 4,142

I'm gonna go see it Sunday all the while trying to pick up some jailbait from the New Moon lineup  bwahahaha

No required quests! And if I decide I want to be an assassin-cartographer-dancer-pastry chef who lives only to stalk and kill interior decorators, then that's who I want to be, even if it takes me four years to max all the skills and everyone else thinks I'm freaking nuts. -Madimorga-

• Rayx0rRayx0r Member, Newbie CommonPosts: 2,902
    Originally posted by Rikimaru_X

I know how you feel in a way, but if you think about it you can't just call it Ninja and you can't just call it Assassin, because there are all kinda and I'm happy they didn't use some anime oriented name. When it boils down to it, Ninja Assassin is good. Just like Assassin's Creed, Tenchu: Steath Assassin. So I don't find it redundent.

cool.  ya dont get me wrong.  I forget where I was at when I saw this trailer but I was with some buds and we all laughed when the name flashed on the screen.  And during the laughter I said as dumb as that movie sounds I cant wait to see it.  Im a sucker for any martial arts movies, been that way since I first saw "enter the dragon" and getting hooked on kung-fu theater on USA network.  They just seem to get better

I think the last really good martial arts movie I saw at the theater was "House of flying daggers" which to this day has been the best film Ive seen in the past 10 years on the big screen. 

“"If you want a picture of the future, imagine a robot foot stomping on a human face -- forever."

Virtually plotless.

Story sucked.

BAD ASS MOVIE! They should have just cut that little bit of non-blood gushing stuff out and left the action and it would have been alot better. :)

Yeah that story and that plot was very strange, but like I said it's almost the same feeling when the Matrix came out and a series came after it to explain things. I thought it was a good movie and I must admit I did like the story though when you get to understand it.

|

Are you talking about the Matrix or Ninja Assassin? 

Spoiler Don't Read

----------------------------

I understood the plot in NA, but it still sucked and I was kinda bummed that he was a goody goody instead of an Assassin on the bad side... or even a Hit Man style side. Where he's good but only slightly. Especially after the scene where he met that chick and it looked like the movie was going to be about a clan war.... which was really poplular amongst the Ninja clans in the old days. More real Ninjas died to other clans, than to their enemies. Well... until the Samuri  virtuall shut them down.

------------

Select it if you've seen the movie.

Spoilers:

Yeah I agree I actually did thought he was the bad guy and that actually felt kinda good. I think with the check and that british guy they were more into finding out that ninjas really exist and if they were going to kill her next that would be the ninja's only way to find out where the dojo is I think right? They should have cleared this up. I must admit the Ninja's vs SWAT fight was great.

|

• MyreanMyrean Member Posts: 186

Well, never thought that the actor was Rain... I just saw the poster and never thought really that it was rain.. so I've got the interest now to watch the movie.. the trailer seems good...waah