Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Here is the revision on aion tos agreement when you log into the game.

FurorFuror Member Posts: 374

if you have been permanently banned and can't get the ban lifted, then you need explicit permission from ncsoft before you can buy a new account, all written down in the ToS for everyone's reference.

This line in new tos revision says if you were one of the banned players you need ncsoft's permission to rebuy a new cd key to play aion,

otherwise you are going to be rebanned without notice.

this is for players who dont bother reading the tos agreement whenever they log into the game, but its there now.

:)

Comments

• joker007mojoker007mo Member Posts: 712

as so instead of using the thread you already started about this you make a new one ok yea definetly troll

• tryklontryklon Member UncommonPosts: 1,370

Excellent, i hope all botters buy new accounts only to get them banned and loose the money. Damn criminals

• FurorFuror Member Posts: 374

How could this new statement be a troll? What i stated it is true.

I am a gamer i love aion and i would do anything for aion to be successful.

I enjoy aion, and i would not want ti to end up like lineage 2. Bot infested game.

When ncsoft says perma banned they mean really perma banned. :p

which means if you register again with same last name same home address and email  your pretty done if you dont ask ncsoft if you can play again.

• jayfly95jayfly95 Member Posts: 35

Its because it doesnt matter. most of these guys use the word troll like everyone used the term noob years ago.

They just throw it around.

As for Aion, least theyre trying to get rid of the garbage cluttering servers. And keeping them gone.

• WizardryWizardry Member LegendaryPosts: 19,332
    Originally posted by Furor

How could this new statement be a troll? What i stated it is true.
    I am a gamer i love aion and i would do anything for aion to be successful.
    I enjoy aion, and i would not want ti to end up like lineage 2. Bot infested game.
    When ncsoft says perma banned they mean really perma banned. :p
    which means if you register again with same last name same home address and email  your pretty done if you dont ask ncsoft if you can play again.

Well since the game was out for 18 months before,i think they had PLENTY of time to control botting or not?After all that time they couldn't even secure the Nguard issues,so how much effort or care did they really show to the game and it's legit players? I would say NONE.

You say you do not want the game to be bot infested,well yes i agree,but i would say you are 18 months too late right?it already "IS" bot infested.

Do the google search Kinah is selling around 2-3 bucks a MILLION ,that is insane,i believe that is cheaper than SRO gold was,that tells me and SHOULD tell anyone the economy is already broken and the game is FLOODED with RMT kinah.Good luck on trying to fix that now,much TOO late,if they really cared,they would have taken care of this issue BEFORE release.

You know what that 18 months of Beta actually was?They were still making the maps and the game,it was not Beta at all,they obviously by the release,they did NOTHING to clean up their game,it was released just as L2 was,BOT city.

I just want to point out,that i am glad you are posting on trying to clean up botting and making peopel aware of it,because it it something that REALLY bothers me,like you wouldn't believe.RMT botting ruins a game like you cannot believe,it IMO makes the game trash,and from now on ,i refuse to WAIT for games to clean up their act,i expect it RIGHT away on release.Square Enix "claims" they are on top of RMT from day 1 for their release of FFXIV,we will have to wait and see,I'll believe it when i see it.The easiest way to tell if the developer is lying...do the google look for yourself at all the sites selling Kinah or gold or whatever game currency is out there.

Never forget 3 mile Island and never trust a government official or company spokesman.

• GetViolatedGetViolated Member Posts: 335

oh wow fail game is fail 

• FurorFuror Member Posts: 374

found the new quote from ncsoft.

"Former Members. Members whose Accounts have been terminated by NC Interactive may not access the Service in any manner or for any reason, including through any other Account, without the express written permission of NC Interactive. Accounts accessed by Former Members are subject to immediate termination. NC Interactive reserves the right to use any means necessary, including those in section 4(j), to identify and remove Former Members. "

"Registration Obligations. You agree to provide true, accurate, current and complete information about yourself as prompted by the Service's registration form ("Registration Data") and maintain and promptly update the Registration Data to keep it true, accurate, current and complete. If you provide any information that is untrue, inaccurate, not current or incomplete, or NC Interactive has reasonable grounds to suspect that such information is untrue, inaccurate, not current or incomplete, NC Interactive has the right to suspend or terminate your Account and refuse any and all current or future use of the Service. "

then

"Related Accounts. If NC Interactive terminates an Account, NC Interactive may terminate any other Accounts that share the same member name, phone number, email address, postal address, Internet Protocol address, or credit card number with the terminated Account. "

there you go  :) enjoy

• VesaviusVesavius Member RarePosts: 7,908

if you have been permanently banned and can't get the ban lifted, then you need explicit permission from ncsoft before you can buy a new account, all written down in the ToS for everyone's reference.

This line in new tos revision says if you were one of the banned players you need ncsoft's permission to rebuy a new cd key to play aion,
    otherwise you are going to be rebanned without notice.
    this is for players who dont bother reading the tos agreement whenever they log into the game, but its there now.
    :)

I honestly don't know why you get the grief on these boards that you do Fur tbh...

I don't see anything like trolling in your posts, simply just information offered for discussion. These are stramge and hostile forums the best of times tho :/

• SimielSimiel Member Posts: 149

found the new quote from ncsoft.
    "Former Members. Members whose Accounts have been terminated by NC Interactive may not access the Service in any manner or for any reason, including through any other Account, without the express written permission of NC Interactive. Accounts accessed by Former Members are subject to immediate termination. NC Interactive reserves the right to use any means necessary, including those in section 4(j), to identify and remove Former Members. "
    "Registration Obligations. You agree to provide true, accurate, current and complete information about yourself as prompted by the Service's registration form ("Registration Data") and maintain and promptly update the Registration Data to keep it true, accurate, current and complete. If you provide any information that is untrue, inaccurate, not current or incomplete, or NC Interactive has reasonable grounds to suspect that such information is untrue, inaccurate, not current or incomplete, NC Interactive has the right to suspend or terminate your Account and refuse any and all current or future use of the Service. "
    then
    "Related Accounts. If NC Interactive terminates an Account, NC Interactive may terminate any other Accounts that share the same member name, phone number, email address, postal address, Internet Protocol address, or credit card number with the terminated Account. "
    there you go  :) enjoy

GJ NCSoft! WOW

because gold-farmers are obviously NOT smart enough to lie about their Email address, postal address, phone numbers and names!!!! On top of that they can't buy game cards, DAMN. Oh hey, none of the botters/gold sellers has static IP, that's AMAZING!

Wow, this is such a wonderful solution, who would've thought! only geniuses are allowed to work for NCSoft Aion Division, NOONE ELSE@@!@!

Don't get me wrong, I'm not against Aion in any way, but it seems that this solution is aimed to periodically stop the decline in sub. number rather than dealing with the bot problem... unless they are really that stupid.

truely sorry if this image is against the forum rule, I cannot find anything from the rules that prohibit this, so here goes!

googling 2 simple words give me more than 20 pages full of websites, after the 20th page, it kind of get stale, but it just doesn't stop

http://tinypic.com/view.php?pic=elbim8&s=6

• glofishglofish Member UncommonPosts: 346
    Originally posted by Simiel 
     Don't get me wrong, I'm not against Aion in any way, but it seems that this solution is aimed to periodically stop the decline in sub. number rather than dealing with the bot problem... unless they are really that stupid.

Don't get me wrong, I am not against you in any way, but it seems that your reply is aimed to periodically troll the group rather than dealing with the actual problem ... unless you are really that stupid

• SonikFlashSonikFlash Member UncommonPosts: 561

Hmm, its not as dumb as some people seem to think.  I'd say put some more thought into the gesture from NCSoft before downplaying it.

• heartlessheartless Member UncommonPosts: 4,993
    Originally posted by glofish

Originally posted by Simiel 

Don't get me wrong, I am not against you in any way, but it seems that your reply is aimed to periodically troll the group rather than dealing with the actual problem ... unless you are really that stupid

Don't get me wrong, but he actually made a relatively valid point. Most of the time gold farmer accounts are created with stolen credit cards. How exactly will the above addition to the EULA even phase the botters?

• RenoakuRenoaku Member EpicPosts: 3,157

Well 90% OF bans do not happen without a damn good reason from a company. I have never had an account banned really from any MMORPG for any reason, Except Some OLD Games Like The 4th Comming, and  Secondlife, But my secondlife ban was lifted Plus OLD T4C Game servers closed down shortly after I was banned anyways.

Anyways Like 99% OF Bans on todays MMO's I have played do not happen without a good reason, If you get banned you have done one of the following.

Broken The Terms OF service By.

#1 Used THIRD Party Programs OF software, Which got you caught, There are mods not even they will care about, or know about if its truely client side and does not automate game play, but thats me.

#2 Allowed someone else to access your account by IP.

#3 Your Account gets Hacked, Or someone gets into it, You just call them, or file a ticket, and tell them, you usually get it back 1-2 days. Happend to me on one of my wow accounts was back on the next day.

#4 Creditcard Fraud, OR DECLINED For some reason, Usually it just cuts you off the service if this happens though.

#5 Hacking OF Service, or Other Major Violations

#6 But if it was anything really serious they would simply close all your accounts, and file a report with your Network adminstaritor which would result in you being Black Listed from accessing any of their service. I have seen that happen to a few hackers before.

#7 There are ways around that tos statement.

Spoofing Your Computer Hardware ID's Changing your cable Modem, Re Registering with a different Computer, IP, MAC, Router, Everything, and you can easily get right past. You also have to use a new creditcard Number, Fake name, and Fake Phone, everything on a different account or they will just ban it again.

Hey if you have all the right info of someone elses computer, you can spoof being them, and even get them banned from the game for no reason, I have seen it happen in another game before.

Last But not least these are just my words on this post, I dont think NC soft would ban without a good reason, But its there, Dont like it, dont play it.

Originally posted by heartless

Don't get me wrong, but he actually made a relatively valid point. Most of the time gold farmer accounts are created with stolen credit cards. How exactly will the above addition to the EULA even phase the botters?

DUH - what is so complicated about it?

it will catch all the botters who download the bot from the interwebz and run it on their home computer using an Aion account registered to mom and dad's credit card

Originally posted by heartless

DUH - what is so complicated about it?

it will catch all the botters who download the bot from the interwebz and run it on their home computer using mom and dad's credit card

And what's the percentage of those types of botters out of the whole Aion population? Probably less than 1%, if I had to guess.

it just occured to me that bashing that goes on on these forums are like listening to criticism that Glenn Beck puts out there: absurd, exagerated, populist, manipulative and just flat out dumb.

Nothing that NCSoft does could possibly be right - just how glenn beckian is that

(for readers outside US, don't ask, you're a happier person not knowing who Glenn Beck is - unless of course you are like him)

• thafireballthafireball Member Posts: 200
    Originally posted by Wizardry

Well since the game was out for 18 months before,i think they had PLENTY of time to control botting or not?After all that time they couldn't even secure the Nguard issues,so how much effort or care did they really show to the game and it's legit players? I would say NONE.

You say you do not want the game to be bot infested,well yes i agree,but i would say you are 18 months too late right?it already "IS" bot infested.

Do the google search Kinah is selling around 2-3 bucks a MILLION ,that is insane,i believe that is cheaper than SRO gold was,that tells me and SHOULD tell anyone the economy is already broken and the game is FLOODED with RMT kinah.Good luck on trying to fix that now,much TOO late,if they really cared,they would have taken care of this issue BEFORE release.

You know what that 18 months of Beta actually was?They were still making the maps and the game,it was not Beta at all,they obviously by the release,they did NOTHING to clean up their game,it was released just as L2 was,BOT city.

I just want to point out,that i am glad you are posting on trying to clean up botting and making peopel aware of it,because it it something that REALLY bothers me,like you wouldn't believe.RMT botting ruins a game like you cannot believe,it IMO makes the game trash,and from now on ,i refuse to WAIT for games to clean up their act,i expect it RIGHT away on release.Square Enix "claims" they are on top of RMT from day 1 for their release of FFXIV,we will have to wait and see,I'll believe it when i see it.The easiest way to tell if the developer is lying...do the google look for yourself at all the sites selling Kinah or gold or whatever game currency is out there.

You obviously like to use punctuation.  You also seem to be comma happy.  Let me help you because you seem to want to make a decently structured post.  Instead of being an ass like I was about to do, I will choose to do this with a nicer tone. (as if you could read my tone hah)  My main concern is stuff like this "typing typing,typing."  When you use a comma you should put a space behind it.  When you put it all together it is confusing to a small extent and annoying to decipher to a larger extent. 

I don't mind the fact that you're using commas all over the place where they shouldn't even be so much as I do knowing that your keyboard's space bar does work but you aren't using it in the correct places. 

Please, make an effort to correct this, because I have skipped many of your posts for this reason.  Others may have done the same thing because it is harder to read, and if you want your opinion heard by more people then this should help a little bit.  Thanks and I hope I didn't come off as harsh or rude because that isn't what I meant to do.

• illanadanillanadan Member Posts: 314

it just occured to me that bashing that goes on on these forums are like listening to criticism that Glenn Beck puts out there: absurd, exagerated, populist, manipulative and just flat out dumb.

Nothing that NCSoft does could possibly be right - just how glenn beckian is that

(for readers outside US, don't ask, you're a happier person not knowing who Glenn Beck is - unless of course you are like him)

LOL! To true. Just do what I do and ignore everyone :) I am glad that someone reads the TOS and takes the time to post about various aspects of it (regardless of the game). I have been MMO'ing since UO/The Realm (do not laugh) and have yet to make it through a TOS :/ Maybe if I had a nice cup of coffee, some popcorn, and more time than it takes to read the bible I would. But until that time please continue to let us know these little quarks!

Thanks to the OP for attempting to do something constructive on here! 

- Case: Thermaltake Kandalf Black Chassis
    - CPU: AMD Phenom II X4 955 Black Edition 3.2GHz (OC'd 4.2GHz on Water Cooling)
    - Memory: Mushkin 8Gb (4x 2Gb) DDR3 1600Mhz
    - HDD: Dual Western Digital Caviar Black 1TB 7200 RPM
    - GFX: (2) XFX Radeon HD 5870 in CrossFire - New upgrade! :)

"I like wow, I like aion and I like AoC all for different reasons.....the later cause i get to see boobs, but still its a reason!!" - Sawlstone

Or maybe we can compare Aion to Obama where everything Obama did during the elections was considered "right?"

Where is your change now, dawg? The only thing that's changing is Obama's approval rating.

• EleazarosEleazaros Member UncommonPosts: 206
    Originally posted by SonikFlash

Hmm, its not as dumb as some people seem to think.  I'd say put some more thought into the gesture from NCSoft before downplaying it.

It's a step for them in the right direction.  

I'd guess it's part of their revamping to get rid of the botters by the new guy they hired.  They probably do "see" many new accounts coming from the same sources that cause problems and this addendum will allow them to ban those accounts without a lot of wait & see going on.

No, not all nor would it stop it permanently but as they move forward in locating them, they can block those accounts they find that "fit the pattern" and stick within the rules they specify.

It also may be more along the lines of "you bought gold -- you're banned" to get rid of the buyers.  No market = no spammers and most folks that buy gold are "too busy" to worry about fudging their account info when they sign up for their next "ok, that didn't work... I'll just do it again" types.  Those folks are liable to be put off by buying a second copy and having that copy banned before they get it fully logged in vs just the botters.

• Song7Song7 Member Posts: 19

" as so instead of using the thread you already started about this you make a new one ok yea definetly troll. "

joker007mo, that doesn't even make any sense.  Spam would be more accurate but that doesn't apply.