Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Any Ex-WoW miss WoW?

doragon86doragon86 Member UncommonPosts: 589

Sometimes I find myself missing WoW. This is probably partly because I've yet to find a MMORPG that has pulled me as WoW has. Anyone else feel the same sometimes for similar or different reasons?

"For the Angel of Death spread his wings on the blast,
And breathed in the face of the foe as he passed:
And the eyes of the sleepers waxed deadly and chill,
And their hearts but once heaved, and for ever grew still!"
~Lord George Gordon Byron

Comments

• peteski123peteski123 Member UncommonPosts: 447

no, as if I miss something I go play it.  makes sense really

• Toquio3Toquio3 Member Posts: 1,074

Ive quit wow in april and havent missed it yet. probably wont ever.

If you stand VERY still, and close your eyes, after a minute you can actually FEEL the universe revolving around PvP.

• aeoleonaeoleon Member UncommonPosts: 75

nah, all my mates came from wow to aion with me, so i am not missing it : )

01110110 01101001 01100011 01110100 01101111 01110010 01111001 00100000 01101001 01110011 00100000 01101111 01110101 01110010 01110011 00100000 01100001 01101101 01101001 01100111 01101111 00100001

• DiSpLiFFDiSpLiFF Member UncommonPosts: 602

some aspects i miss, I still have a bunch of friends that play it. I played WoW for just over 4 years, i quit a bunch of times and always went back for expansions. Its been 7 months now without WoW, i know if i went back i'd just get bored again. Its a great game, the best fantasy mmo still. But they haven't really changed anything about the game in like 2-3 years. 

I did the hardcore raiding, cleared all vanilla WoW content, i never raided in BC, and cleared all Ulduar 25 man content, got gladiator on my priest s4/5/6. Really there wasn't anything left to accomplish. A year ago i said if i do end up quiting i'll come back to kill Arthas and that will be the end of WoW for me. Im not sure if i'll go back to kill arthas though, although i'm sure the fight will be epic. 

• darkgamerxdarkgamerx Member Posts: 311

Nothing is really stopping you from playing it, you're treating it as if it's some Ex-Girlfriend you swore you wont go back to. I don't understand when people say they "Quit" MMORPG's and then come out with "I MISS IT , SHOULD I REALLY GO BACK". It's not a life threatening decision, if you want to play a game..go ahead play it.

• EthianEthian Member Posts: 1,216

Negative, WoWs graphics are way washed up and stale for me now. I won't likely ever return to WoW after seeing what Aion has to offer. Check out the Aion Vision video if you want to see what a more up todate MMO should look like. :-)

"I play Tera for the gameplay"

• RuynRuyn Member Posts: 1,052

Nope, don't miss it at all as I have found a much better game, Darkfall.

I spent about three years there.  When I left I deleted every item from every character, gave away all my gold and deleted an account full of 70's.

Sure I could have sold the account but It felt so goooooood to delete everything.

• DrughiDrughi Member Posts: 174

nop, best thing i ever have done, quit

• singlecellsinglecell Member Posts: 37
    Originally posted by darkgamerx

It's not a life threatening decision, if you want to play a game..go ahead play it.

Not true. For some people, such as myself, the game destroys your life. Giving into the temptation to play again means very bad things in real life for many of us. I miss it terribly, but I will not sacrifice my life for that addiction anymore.

Originally posted by singlecell

Originally posted by darkgamerx

It's not a life threatening decision, if you want to play a game..go ahead play it.

Not true. For some people, such as myself, the game destroys your life. Giving into the temptation to play again means very bad things in real life for many of us. I miss it terribly, but I will not sacrifice my life for that addiction anymore.

Extreme situation where the individual has self-control issues, anything can be life threatening really. Heck, a person can get addicted to food and just eat till he's so overweight he dies of some heart attack etc. It's like when people call "Obesity" a disease, it really is not.

• DiSpLiFFDiSpLiFF Member UncommonPosts: 602
    Originally posted by Ethian

Negative, WoWs graphics are way washed up and stale for me now. I won't likely ever return to WoW after seeing what Aion has to offer. Check out the Aion Vision video if you want to see what a more up todate MMO should look like. :-)

Only thing that playing Aion made me realize was that gameplay>graphics any day. If i wanted a really good game with really good graphics i'd play a single player. 

Gameplay>Graphics ofcourse, but it's always a plus to have decent graphics.

I like WoW's artistic graphics, it's in a league of its own with the artwork.

• April-RainApril-Rain Member UncommonPosts: 316

ive been away over 6 months now and not really missed it, me and some work m8's talked about maybe leaving the 80's behind and starting again from scratch on a new server for something to do while we wait for the old republic.....

Playing: FFXIV
    Future: wishing for SWG 2, World of Warcraft Classic
    Played: Most current and extinct MMO's - 18 Years in....

Interesting Fact - I own 27 Tarantula's

• KaocanKaocan Member UncommonPosts: 1,270
    Originally posted by doragon86

Sometimes I find myself missing WoW. This is probably partly because I've yet to find a MMORPG that has pulled me as WoW has. Anyone else feel the same sometimes for similar or different reasons?

Quitting WoW is like Quitting Smoking. Every now and then you get the erge to pick it up again and then you remember how nasty a habit it really was and you just say NO! You just have to remember that there are other games out there and other things to do (like eating, sleeping, breathing) that are far better for you.

Right now for me...

No drinking since Oct 1996

No smoking since July 2008

and NO WoW since June 2009

(notice how it was easier to quit drinking and smoking than it was WoW?? And trust me, it was more liberating to finally break the WoW addiction than the other two.)

(DISCLAIMER - The use of the word YOU in the above post is not directed at any one person in particular, but towards those who fall into the category itself - there is no personal attack here, neither intentional nor implied.)

• GnemoiGnemoi Member Posts: 19

Dont miss it much, I play normal games atm - and I'm often thinking about all the good stuff a mmo'er i missing out. There's alot of good games not to be missed atm.

• theAsnatheAsna Member UncommonPosts: 324

No, I don't miss WoW. Stopped playing one and a half years ago.

Questing isn't much of a challenge. Rather it reminds me of the "traveling salesman"-problem. You can do it solo, it just takes some time. But then I'm preferring a good old game like BG, IWD, NWN over the MMO questing.

The first dungeons were fun. Rememeber wailing cavern's? Or Black Rock Depths, Sunken temple, etc. You could get lost your first time inside. The later dungeons were more or less straight hallways with some monsters and bosses. I'd not call this an improvement.

Raiding. Let's just sum it up. It requires lots of time. Not because the dungeons and encounters are difficult. But because some raiders loose touch with RL/reality and you are forced to dedicate as much time as them. And then you're left with the choice: "my way or the highway". Besides, I don't want to play an assessment center simulation. ,)

PvP? I'm no big fan of it but would still have a go at it occasionally.

So there is really not much to draw me back to WoW. But this makes me cautious about other MMOs too.

• VultureSkullVultureSkull Member UncommonPosts: 1,774

If you miss it, then come back for a bit, get tired then you leave etc.

That is what i do. And it works for me.

Some games hold me longer than others before i leave them. And i have favourites. Most of these games will be around for a very long time so you will always find people around your level.

• StarkStark Member Posts: 119

I left WOW before Wotlk came out and went back once for a free Wotlk trial that was offered.  Been playing EQ2 since then (on/off for 5 years in EQ2). Just recently I've been "missing" WOW but not sure if I'll buy Wotlk or not. Maybe I'll just wait for the next expansion and then head back.

• VolgoreVolgore Member EpicPosts: 3,872

Sometimes i'm missing the fun and excitement i've had with my friends in early WoW, especially now that i can't find a decent game to play. "Why don't you go back then??" -because WoW has changed over the years and resubbing won't bring back the old times for many reasons.

• SonofSethSonofSeth Member UncommonPosts: 1,884

I miss exploration and sense of discovery, that's why I'm taking a break until Cataclysm.

• jonezi92jonezi92 Member Posts: 224

I miss the  OLD WoW yes, when i say the old wow i mean back in the day when wow was still mysterious to all players :D

No one cared about ZoMg PuRpuLz

when the story actually mattered and it hadn't been rinsed and repeated as it has been for the past few years

• tro44_1tro44_1 Member Posts: 1,819

Missed WoW. Gone since a week before Dual Spec Patch was added. The Lvling in PvP was fun as ever, but now iam starting to regret lvling my Death Knight past 79. Damn AV grinding was so FUN at 71-79!!!!!

Now iam bored again.

• AmstrupAmstrup Member Posts: 63

I cant quit the game, i've tried to put it behind, just so that i could play another mmo, but man i cant find a game running to smooht, with such a flueting combat, with such a rich lore.

For me, World Of Warcraft is one of a kind.

• ThenariusThenarius Member Posts: 1,106
    Originally posted by jonezi92

I miss the  OLD WoW yes, when i say the old wow i mean back in the day when wow was still mysterious to all players :D
    when the story actually mattered and it hadn't been rinsed and repeated as it has been for the past few years

If only...

• AmstrupAmstrup Member Posts: 63
    Originally posted by jonezi92

The story has only improved over the last 5 years :-)