Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Iv'e spent months working hard for a beter cartoon sword. Why?

I mean let's face it. Iv'e been manipulating a charachter in a fake and over-controlled theme park in order to get a better cartoon sword so I can be EXACTLY LIKE 95% of the other cartoon sword-weilding, pimply, nuerotic, anti-social uber-nerds in on my server.

I wish wow would go back to the old days where only a low % were ELITE and when the game handlers didn't ruin all the fun things you could do so 10 year olds would stop crying to mommy.

Case in point: The old mind-control helm. Why did they nerf the fun of it? The idiots totally ruined it.

It's all about $$ now and the company morphed into a group of speculating idiots with no idea what fun is.

There are countless other examples.

They have turned the entire game-playing community into lemmings.

JMHO.

Comments

• Toquio3Toquio3 Member Posts: 1,074

Time you enjoyed wasting wasnt wasted. So, did you enjoy it?

If you stand VERY still, and close your eyes, after a minute you can actually FEEL the universe revolving around PvP.

• AngorimAngorim Member Posts: 466
    Originally posted by eman_laerton

I mean let's face it. Iv'e been manipulating a charachter in a fake and over-controlled theme park in order to get a better cartoon sword so I can be EXACTLY LIKE 95% of the other cartoon sword-weilding, pimply, nuerotic, anti-social uber-nerds in on my server.
    I wish wow would go back to the old days where only a low % were ELITE and when the game handlers didn't ruin all the fun things you could do so 10 year olds would stop crying to mommy.
    Case in point: The old mind-control helm. Why did they nerf the fun of it? The idiots totally ruined it.
    It's all about $$ now and the company morphed into a group of speculating idiots with no idea what fun is.
    JMHO.

If this is how you honestly feel then you only have yourself to blame as no one forced you to continue to play.  Even though I agree the game is a shell of it's former fun and glory years ago, there's nothing you nor I can do about that considering for every one of us, there are countless others who for whatever reason eat it up.  To each their own.

• TorikTorik Member UncommonPosts: 2,342

The problem you are having is that you still have not matured enough to realize that having a few pixels and bytes does not make you 'special' or 'elite'.  The achievement is not having the sword but going through the process of getting the sword.  If the process of getting the sword has been enjoyable, challenging and made you a better player then it was an achievement.  Whining that other peopel do not consider you leet anymore is just pathetic. 

• metalhead980metalhead980 Member Posts: 2,658
    Originally posted by Toquio3

of course not!!

The content that a WoW player has to go through to get an item is never enjoyable. Its them farming pvp or heroics or some raid for a drop over and over and over.

The idea of that item is fun but in reality it totally sucks to work for that item.

Ask the OP if he would have rather just gotten that sword by doing a cool quest line instead, ask anyone and they will all say yes.

Because grinding for gear blows fat ass!

PLaying: EvE, Ryzom

Waiting For: Earthrise, Perpetuum

Before the OP gets flamed for working for an item just stop.

You are all the same. You study loot tables and whore yourselves for items whether its for pvp or pve stuff.

Tell me you dont spend most of your time inspecting people, using site like WoW loot and gear addons to see all the rewards you can get.

The content that WoW offers is just in the way. It sucks and you know it.

WoW breeds elitism, the content blows and if you had a choice you would not run any of that repetitve shit.

• Toquio3Toquio3 Member Posts: 1,074
    Originally posted by metalhead980

of course not!!

The content that a WoW player has to go through to get an item is never enjoyable. Its them farming pvp or heroics or some raid for a drop over and over and over.

The idea of that item is fun but in reality it totally sucks to work for that item.

Ask to OP if he would have rather just gotten that sword by doing a cool quest line instead, ask anyone and they will all say yes.

took me a few wow-years to realise that too. Imagining what it would be like to have that cool robe is great, actually going through the same gay motions everytime it not so great. which is why I have backup. its called guild wars =)

If you stand VERY still, and close your eyes, after a minute you can actually FEEL the universe revolving around PvP.

of course not!!

Ask to OP if he would have rather just gotten that sword by doing a cool quest line instead, ask anyone and they will all say yes.

took me a few wow-years to realise that too. Imagining what it would be like to have that cool robe is great, actually going through the same gay motions everytime it not so great. which is why I have backup. its called guild wars =)

Well I'm really happy that you found a nice game to enjoy. as a fellow mmo gamer its always nice to see someone actually play and enjoy a game and not work it like a part time job.

• Frostbite05Frostbite05 Member, Newbie CommonPosts: 1,880

of course not!!

Well I'm really happy that you found a nice game to enjoy. as a fellow mmo gamer its always nice to see someone actually play and enjoy a game and not work it like a part time job.

Thats something that everyone should do. These are games not jobs.

• BasicgearBasicgear Member UncommonPosts: 43

You guys are too harsh. These games are games. Made for enjoyment. You critisize so harshly that it seems to me like MMOs are the bane to your existence. Your words are so cruel and mean.

There is tons of reasons WoW is fun, theyre obvious. OP, if you are so hell bent on being number 1 then grow up. Cause no one, real or fiction, is number 1. Torik brought some wisdom, its not about getting the sword, its the journey to the sword. Even if it is what metalhead sees as lame farming, try to enjoy it. There has to be challenges or it wouldnt be fun.

And one final note. The letters JMHO mean, just my humble opinion. Do you know what humble means? Because your post was every bitter emotion, not humble. Im starting to think you still havent achieved obtaining that sword.

• Frostbite05Frostbite05 Member, Newbie CommonPosts: 1,880
    Originally posted by Basicgear

You guys are too harsh. These games are games. Made for enjoyment. You critisize so harshly that it seems to me like MMOs are the bane to your existence. Your words are so cruel and mean.
    There is tons of reasons WoW is fun, theyre obvious. OP, if you are so hell bent on being number 1 then grow up. Cause no one, real or fiction, is number 1. Torik brought some wisdom, its not about getting the sword, its the journey to the sword. Even if it is what metalhead sees as lame farming, try to enjoy it. There has to be challenges or it wouldnt be fun.

And one final note. The letters JMHO mean, just my humble opinion. Do you know what humble means? Because your post was every bitter emotion, not humble. Im starting to think you still havent achieved obtaining that sword.

No one said the game isn't fun. The fact that so many people play it is proof enough of that.

• PalebanePalebane Member RarePosts: 4,011

Because you care more about your gear than the other players around you? You can still connect with people, even though 90% of them are brainwashed into gear obsession nowadays. You don't have to be a lemming. This is much more prevalant at level 80. I've found some very lasting relationships by rolling alts and trying to connect with them, because most of the 80s won't even sneeze my way. Which is fine. They play for their reasons and I play for mine.

Vault-Tec analysts have concluded that the odds of worldwide nuclear armaggeddon this decade are 17,143,762... to 1.

• PalebanePalebane Member RarePosts: 4,011
    Originally posted by Basicgear

I've seen the "H" used as "Honest" before...

Vault-Tec analysts have concluded that the odds of worldwide nuclear armaggeddon this decade are 17,143,762... to 1.

• summitussummitus Member UncommonPosts: 1,414
    Originally posted by eman_laerton

JMHO.

If your a true gamer , you would'nt even be asking this question ... this is what gamers do , or maybe you just need to take a break ! :p

• ScalebaneScalebane Member UncommonPosts: 1,883

Before the OP gets flamed for working for an item just stop.
    You are all the same. You study loot tables and whore yourselves for items whether its for pvp or pve stuff.
    Tell me you dont spend most of your time inspecting people, using site like WoW loot and gear addons to see all the rewards you can get.
    The content that WoW offers is just in the way. It sucks and you know it.
    WoW breeds elitism, the content blows and if you had a choice you would not run any of that repetitve shit.

Eve breeds elitism, i know i tried it,  the grind is even worse then wow.  No i'm not the same, i don't inspect people, really don't care what they have i play the game for enjoyment not to get the next best item.

"The great thing about human language is that it prevents us from sticking to the matter at hand."
    - Lewis Thomas