Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

MMORPG: Review this Product!

nate1980nate1980 Member UncommonPosts: 2,063

http://store.nvidia.com/DRHM/servlet/ControllerServlet?Action=DisplayProductDetailsPage&SiteID=nvidia&Locale=en_US&Env=BASE&productID=111286400&utm_source=newsletter&utm_medium=email&utm_campaign=blackfriday09&resid=J5xgWwoBAkcAADi5tJYAAAAp&rests=1259035967281

So I got an email showing me this product. The ability to play games in 3D! I thought the idea pretty cool, and I'm wondering if anyone has bought and tried it out. Perhaps this website can review this product and recommend it.

Comments

• TheHatterTheHatter Member Posts: 2,547

I know a couple people from other communities who've bought them and I haven't heard ANYTHING good. Not to mention, very few games support them.

Save your money.

• noquarternoquarter Member Posts: 1,170

I've heard most games are a mixed bag, some parts of it are good but most effects are bland, the few games that really take it into account are supposed to look cool, think they are all racing games though. Gonna pick up a 120hz HDTV when I get a new TV so I can try it out but I don't think it's worth replacing a good tv if you already have one.

• dfandfan Member Posts: 362

You are going to need to buy expensive products and have top end computer since it takes much more performance than normal gaming. 

• MonkeykingZXMonkeykingZX Member Posts: 47

in the games it works well in it's supposed to be amazing, but according to a few pc magazines i've read it causes headaches and nausea in most games so it's probs best to avoid for now

i7 [email protected]//Titan fenrir//asus p6t se//6gb patriot viper pc3-12800//powercolour hd5970//CM-690// OCZ ModXStream Pro 700w//500gb WD caviar black and 500gb WD caviar blue//3x 24" monitors running in eyefinity

• JackDanobaJackDanoba Member Posts: 7
    Originally posted by MonkeykingZX

in the games it works well in it's supposed to be amazing, but according to a few pc magazines i've read it causes headaches and nausea in most games so it's probs best to avoid for now

sounds cool but yeah u get sick and u pay 500 + dollars for something that might not work or has flaws. but maybe it rocks. id like to see it in action.

• fyerwallfyerwall Member UncommonPosts: 3,240

With an Nvida card you can also use the old school red and cyan 3D glasses and play games in 3D. Might not be as cool, but its a hell of a lot cheaper (seeing as you can get those glasses on the cheap - if you have kids just buy them the 3D version of a movie and you get like 10 pairs)

There are 3 types of people in the world.
    1.) Those who make things happen
    2.) Those who watch things happen
    3.) And those who wonder "What the %#*& just happened?!"

• JeroKaneJeroKane Member EpicPosts: 6,965
    Originally posted by JackDanoba

sounds cool but yeah u get sick and u pay 500 + dollars for something that might not work or has flaws. but maybe it rocks. id like to see it in action.

That's the whole problem with VR and why it pretty much died out in popularity.

Fact is, that most people can't cope with Virtual 3D and get sick when exposed too long to it.

• JackDanobaJackDanoba Member Posts: 7
    Originally posted by Guillermo197

Originally posted by JackDanoba

That's the whole problem with VR and why it pretty much died out in popularity.

Fact is, that most people can't cope with Virtual 3D and get sick when exposed too long to it.

right! like the stuff u see in movie and what not would be awsome. but seriousley whos not going to want to play for hrs on end  if its super cool. i know i would. lol could u imagin playing like a fps or someting like that. that would be narley.