Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Great Morin Khur Ridethrough (HQ)

iZakaroNiZakaroN Member UncommonPosts: 719

Here it is:

www.youtube.com/watch

Where themepark games try to hide that they are copying WOW, games like Mortal Online and Darkfall make no attempt to hide their inspiration
______\m/_____
LordOfDarkDesire

Comments

• TealaTeala Member RarePosts: 7,627

Very nice, now how is the rest of the game?  Combat, crafting, questing?

• DiekfooDiekfoo Member Posts: 583

These are also nice ...

Mounted combat (axe and bow):

www.youtube.com/watch

Environment and houses:

www.youtube.com/watch

Mining town:

www.youtube.com/watch 

• iZakaroNiZakaroN Member UncommonPosts: 719
    Originally posted by Teala

Combat is very realisitic except magic that is autoaim, and even a bit not responsive I like it very much. Need a bit more polish.

Crafting is very complex as you choose every part and different materials for them as this give different characteristic to items. In general there is no just a good and bad items but you have to find the proper formula for every specific purpose. As Full Loot game where items brake with usage, but also every item is craftable, resources and crafting are very important aspect as every item is lost soon or later. Crafting currently is implemented using NPC that have to be changed soon before open beta.

Questing - OMG this question sound like ;) there will be no quests in that game, no guided game play at all, instead players create quests by themself like collecting resources by gathering or killing mobs. Also there will be world secrets that can act like quests, but I'm not sure if they are in game already.

In general the game need much more work as not every aspect is currently finished (including both game play and graphics) but everything that is in game currently is in the right direction. I'm very optimistic that SV will release at least very basic features in polished state.

Where themepark games try to hide that they are copying WOW, games like Mortal Online and Darkfall make no attempt to hide their inspiration
    ______\m/_____
    LordOfDarkDesire
  • FariicFariic Member Posts: 1,546
    Originally posted by Teala

Vanguard,

without the classes or quest.

And in FPV.

Great video.

• DiSpLiFFDiSpLiFF Member UncommonPosts: 602

i'm really glad they're making an open beta for this game, its hard to tell for my self how it is. Looks original, graphics look pretty good, just the combat i dunno about. The one where hes shooting arrows from the horse, i can't tell if hes just terrible at doing it or its buggy/really hard. 

• FariicFariic Member Posts: 1,546
    Originally posted by DiSpLiFF

i'm really glad they're making an open beta for this game, its hard to tell for my self how it is. Looks original, graphics look pretty good, just the combat i dunno about. The one where hes shooting arrows from the horse, i can't tell if hes just terrible at doing it or its buggy/really hard. 

Wich part?

When he's sitting still

The arrow doesn't penetrate the gazelle.  It hits, lands on the ground, and the gazelle dies.

That's buggy.

They need to polish that bit of archery.

When he's riding and trying to shoot

It's very hard to shoot.

Imagine an FPS were when you move the crosshair expands, and when your stationary it tightens up.  It works the same in MO for archery.