Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Consoles never PC forever

Comments

• TheHatterTheHatter Member Posts: 2,547
    Originally posted by metalhead980

This thread is so sad.
    If you hate another platform so much that you would avoid buying it and miss out on some great games it's your loss.
    I would never just stick to one platform.
    To the one poster that spent $2500 on a rig to still be adding more cash into it only a year after buying it your crazy to even compare pricing with consoles.
    360 and PS3 still have around 5 years life left and both are $299.
    In five years you will spend probably three times the price of that console for upgrades.
    That quite a sum of money for a rig that is unable to play games like Halo3, MGS4, Infamous and other amazing console exclusives.

That would be me and I do ALOT more than just play games with my rig. For instance, I have one virtual core dedicated to a very heavy CPU Process that runs 24/7.

In all honesty, I have been thinking about getting a PS3 because of a couple games I really want to play. Mostly some sports titles, but I really just can't see myself forking over that much money for something that only has one purpose. Sure, it can do a few other things, but I just can't see myself doing it.

• wartywarlockwartywarlock Member Posts: 106

well this topic is new and exciting..

Honestly anyone who needs to have this debate one way or the other must have some brain functionality missing. To go either way would be incredibly boring and you'd simply miss out on too much fun and games.

Sure, I cant argue that theres much point in getting both a PS3 AND a 360, the exclusivity is waning for both machines and truely good games come out on both.. sure one day the wii may have some games worth playing and you could have 2 consoles and a PC.

But to pick one? Just one? Thats asinine and backwards. Anybody who would argue otherwise simply isnt a gamer. Which is fair enough but then if that is the case its a bit weird to be on a games site..

• Stuka1000Stuka1000 Member UncommonPosts: 955
    Originally posted by tvalentine

Originally posted by adoniskev

Originally posted by soap46

I've actually had the chance to use one of these, and I must admit that it is pretty damn cool.  I played RE5 on it and it worked like a charm.  The only thing here is that only certain games are supported for it.  Also, you need one hell of a graphics card (I'd go with no lower than a GTX 280) to run games in this smoothly, as it is very taxing on resources.  It's a good product, and it works well, but just remember that it may be a bigger investment than you'd originally think with a new card and all. 

Kickass monitor in that bundle BTW.

I created a PC for less than 800 usd, and it plays every single game out there at high settings. 

for 800$ i can get a PS3/360 and 8 new games (maybe 7 if you include tax). And i wont have to worry about upgrading for the next 6-8 years. So i can save hundreds of dollars not worrying about upgrades for almost a decade and have twice as many games as you.

True but you would also stagnate.  The games that you would be playing in six years on the ps3 or 360 will be of the same quality as the games that you are playing now.  The pc gamers on the other hand would be playing titles that are light years ahead of you and that console would be looking as old and useless as a dragon 32 ( remember them? ).

Pc's drive innovation and advancment in the gaming industry while consoles stagnate that development and stagnation is not good for the industry or the gamers that fuel it with their hard earned cash.

• metalhead980metalhead980 Member Posts: 2,658
    Originally posted by TheHatter

This thread is so sad.
    If you hate another platform so much that you would avoid buying it and miss out on some great games it's your loss.
    I would never just stick to one platform.
    To the one poster that spent $2500 on a rig to still be adding more cash into it only a year after buying it your crazy to even compare pricing with consoles.
    360 and PS3 still have around 5 years life left and both are $299.
    In five years you will spend probably three times the price of that console for upgrades.
    That quite a sum of money for a rig that is unable to play games like Halo3, MGS4, Infamous and other amazing console exclusives.

That would be me and I do ALOT more than just play games with my rig. For instance, I have one virtual core dedicated to a very heavy CPU Process that runs 24/7.

In all honesty, I have been thinking about getting a PS3 because of a couple games I really want to play. Mostly some sports titles, but I really just can't see myself forking over that much money for something that only has one purpose. Sure, it can do a few other things, but I just can't see myself doing it.

PS3 has about 10 really nice exclusives and a really nice blue ray player for 299 (also offers free online play unlike the 360).

I own all three. MY PC isnt as crazy as your but it still plays every game on High settings and I like to relax with consoles on my sofa.

As many times as you exclusive pc guys tell me PCs can be enjoyed on a big screen and sofa I still have a hard time using mine that way.

Consoles are cheap, With the exclusives for both 360 and ps3 its worth it imo.

PLaying: EvE, Ryzom

Waiting For: Earthrise, Perpetuum

• Toquio3Toquio3 Member Posts: 1,074

I've actually had the chance to use one of these, and I must admit that it is pretty damn cool.  I played RE5 on it and it worked like a charm.  The only thing here is that only certain games are supported for it.  Also, you need one hell of a graphics card (I'd go with no lower than a GTX 280) to run games in this smoothly, as it is very taxing on resources.  It's a good product, and it works well, but just remember that it may be a bigger investment than you'd originally think with a new card and all. 

I created a PC for less than 800 usd, and it plays every single game out there at high settings. 

for 800$ i can get a PS3/360 and 8 new games (maybe 7 if you include tax). And i wont have to worry about upgrading for the next 6-8 years. So i can save hundreds of dollars not worrying about upgrades for almost a decade and have twice as many games as you.

yeah, but you have to pay extra to play games online. and you cant do anything else but play games. I game in my computer, i watch movies, I make graphics, I do all sorts of stuff. All with just 1 internet fee. in those  6-8 years, how much money did you spent on the xbox live service on top of your internet fee? I spent nothing. Cause I dont pay twice for my internet.

If you stand VERY still, and close your eyes, after a minute you can actually FEEL the universe revolving around PvP.

Originally posted by Toquio3

yeah, but you have to pay extra to play games online. and you cant do anything else but play games. I game in my computer, i watch movies, I make graphics, I do all sorts of stuff. All with just 1 internet fee. in those  6-8 years, how much money did you spent on the xbox live service on top of your internet fee? I spent nothing. Cause I dont pay twice for my internet.

well the ps3 is a blueray player also and the gaming service is free. You could also download movies and load up music on its harddrive.

Consoles these days are more than just a gaming machine. Certain developers like Valve and Bioware are even looking to make player mods on consoles. If that happens PC could lose a big advantage.

Mods and graphics are the only advantages PC have over consoles.

• SheistaSheista Member UncommonPosts: 1,203
    Originally posted by Toquio3

That's a pretty weak argument against consoles though.  XBL is only expensive to kids or jobless people.  $50 a year for a quality service is really nothing.  Not to mention PS3's online service is free.

You can do those same 'tasks' on a computer that you spent $200 on.  In those 6-8 years, how much did you spend on computer upgrades?  As someone who has been a nearly exclusive PC owner in the past 6-8 years (just got a PS3 this month), I spent quite a bit on component upgrades and my PC isn't even that impressive.  It's a gaming-capable rig, but there are far more impressive machines out there.  Regardless, in the past 6-8 years, I'm sure a couple thousand bucks has been spent on various PC components I've either -had- to buy, or wanted to buy.

• CeridithCeridith Member UncommonPosts: 2,980

Of all the consoles out today, there's one, maybe two games per system that I would even be interested in playing, that I couldn't get the same game for PC. There's simply no justification to spend a few hundred dollars on a console for one or two games that I'll probably get bored with after a month or two.

Consider as well that modding is significantly more expansive for PC games. For example there are countless Fallout 3 player made mods for PC that change, expand, and otherwise increase the fun and replay-ability of the game. How many mods are there for the console versions of Fallout 3? Zero.

• PhryPhry Member LegendaryPosts: 11,004

when people talk about the cost of consoles vs pc's its always controversial, the cost of a console may seem low compared to a pc (most of the time anwyay) but you do have to purchase a suitable tv to use one on too.  i personally would equate playing a ps3 or xbox360 on a 18 inch telly as being akin to cruel and unusual punishment. ok, you have your 32 inch lcd telly, not ideal but, hey, for 300 quid or so, you can't expect too much . well i should get to the point, which is that computers, although the overall cost is higher than a console, even including the 32' LCD, the capability of the PC far and away outstrips that of any modern console, without exception. seriously though, how many PC's users these days only have a single monitor? would consider it unusual not to be able to browse the web whilst playing an online game - with MMO's having so many helpful websites for tools/information/maps etc, its practically a necessity. how about streaming music from your favourite online radio station at the same time, voice comms that isnt platform dependent, teampspeak, ventrilo, or how about skype even!.

Consoles are good at what they do, no question, but, they lack the flexibility, the ability, and lets be honest here, the outright capability of modern pc hardware. and thats why pc's cost more. because at the end of the day, you get what you pay for.

Originally posted by Phry

when people talk about the cost of consoles vs pc's its always controversial, the cost of a console may seem low compared to a pc (most of the time anwyay) but you do have to purchase a suitable tv to use one on too.  i personally would equate playing a ps3 or xbox360 on a 18 inch telly as being akin to cruel and unusual punishment. ok, you have your 32 inch lcd telly, not ideal but, hey, for 300 quid or so, you can't expect too much . well i should get to the point, which is that computers, although the overall cost is higher than a console, even including the 32' LCD, the capability of the PC far and away outstrips that of any modern console, without exception. seriously though, how many PC's users these days only have a single monitor? would consider it unusual not to be able to browse the web whilst playing an online game - with MMO's having so many helpful websites for tools/information/maps etc, its practically a necessity. how about streaming music from your favourite online radio station at the same time, voice comms that isnt platform dependent, teampspeak, ventrilo, or how about skype even!.
    Consoles are good at what they do, no question, but, they lack the flexibility, the ability, and lets be honest here, the outright capability of modern pc hardware. and thats why pc's cost more. because at the end of the day, you get what you pay for.

Have you seen the price of an average PC that doesnt play games? ones that are used for office owrk or casual surfing the net, chatting and downloading shit?

A PC with all the functionality is around 300-400 bucks, shit I could grab a single core pc just for surfing the net for 150 bucks off Ebay. So no when you pay 2500 bucks for a gaming PC your paying mostly for the high end Cpu, memory and graphics card capable of giving its owner the power to play top of the line games.

I'll be fair I will knock off 500 bucks off a PCs cost and to get full max settings gameplay on a PC, a platform that doesnt play all the best games mind you. You would still need to spend around one thousand bucks for it.

Some people would rather buy a cheap pc for pc stuff and a console for games. Actually most do.

• thorwoodthorwood Member Posts: 485

My first computer was a Commodore 64.  I used it for:

• playing games
    • online gaming
    • programming
    • word processing
    • data base
    • primitive spreadsheets
    • accessing bulletin boards with a modem (internet was not available to most people at that time)
    • printing

Over 20 years on and Consoles are far more powerful than my old Commodore 64, yet most consoles only provide a fraction of the functionality as most only cater for offline gaming. 

For my needs, consoles are a backward step from  what was available over 20 years ago.

The future will probably be a cheap standard computer that has a different input device from the keyboard, mouse and game controllers used by current PC's and consoles.

The PC vs Console debate is irrelevant when predicting the future.  We should be asking: "What will replace the PC and consoles?"

Just something to add.

I recently bought a 250 dollar Netbook for my son.

He streams movies, surfs, downloads music,down loads EBooks,  plays old school flash games, chats and does all the normal shit his school requires.

for 250 bucks. Sure a netbook has limited view window and HD space but it covers all the basics needed as a casual PC user.

Why would I buy a 2500 buck PC just so my games could look 10-20% better when I could spend 250 on a pc and 299 on a console? The console Btw plays more games than the PC.

Please understand i'm not a PC hater I just want you to understand the casual users point of view on this topic.

• matrixvsmatrixvs Member Posts: 179

sigh nother console pc thread...

well heres my 2 cents

pc from about 2 years ago has same or beter preformance than a console.

nothing gona change that even when a new console comes out they would be the same as the best pc computers out there (but they would be like top range costing 1xxxx ) the time it takes for hardware to improve and lower the cost of that piece would take max of 4 months within a year the pcs that are affortable would be a lot beter than that console.

as for the games i admit i wouldent mind playing a few of those xbox360 games .. on pc why? the controller thats the biggest downgrade from a pc especialy for games that require more than 4 buttons since consoles cant use macros and pcs can not to mention special gameing keyboards that have a special setup for gameing that maximizes gameplay + responce

and saying console is a lot cheaper allso aint true atm in my country 360 costs about 299 with 2 games than u would want a bigger harddrive more controllers powersuppy rechargers.. in the end u would prob spend a lot more on console than u think.

allso games on console are allways 60 euros here when they come out now say u buy a lot of new games on console allways max price when pc games come out there are loads and loads of sellers that half prices within first week on consoles the prices stay the same for a LONG time

Originally posted by matrixvs

sigh nother console pc thread...

well heres my 2 cents

pc from about 2 years ago has same or beter preformance than a console.

nothing gona change that even when a new console comes out they would be the same as the best pc computers out there (but they would be like top range costing 1xxxx ) the time it takes for hardware to improve and lower the cost of that piece would take max of 4 months within a year the pcs that are affortable would be a lot beter than that console.
    as for the games i admit i wouldent mind playing a few of those xbox360 games .. on pc why? the controller thats the biggest downgrade from a pc especialy for games that require more than 4 buttons since consoles cant use macros and pcs can not to mention special gameing keyboards that have a special setup for gameing that maximizes gameplay + responce
    and saying console is a lot cheaper allso aint true atm in my country 360 costs about 299 with 2 games than u would want a bigger harddrive more controllers powersuppy rechargers.. in the end u would prob spend a lot more on console than u think.
    allso games on console are allways 60 euros here when they come out now say u buy a lot of new games on console allways max price when pc games come out there are loads and loads of sellers that half prices within first week on consoles the prices stay the same for a LONG time

You dont have gamestop or another game retailer that sells used games in your country? what about Ebay for the HD? I bought my HD for 30 bucks with free shipping from japan.

I guess i'm lucky to live in America, sorry that you have trouble buying stuff.

• PhryPhry Member LegendaryPosts: 11,004

Have you seen the price of an average PC that doesnt play games? ones that are used for office owrk or casual surfing the net, chatting and downloading shit?

A PC with all the functionality is around 300-400 bucks, shit I could grab a single core pc just for surfing the net for 150 bucks off Ebay. So no when you pay 2500 bucks for a gaming PC your paying mostly for the high end Cpu, memory and graphics card capable of giving its owner the power to play top of the line games.

I'll be fair I will knock off 500 bucks off a PCs cost and to get full max settings gameplay on a PC, a platform that doesnt play all the best games mind you. You would still need to spend around one thousand bucks for it.

Some people would rather buy a cheap pc for pc stuff and a console for games. Actually most do.

i dont know what most other people have, my own pc, i think is quite powerful, certainly more so than a console. it didnt cost even 1000 though. its built around a phenom I 2.6 ghz quadcore, 4gb ram, and a nvidia gtx260, and a 500 gb sata hard drive.  total cost of those bits, is about 475,  but thats in the UK, im sure in the USA, it would probably have been a bit cheaper. but, if you have money to burn, then an alienware rig costing over 2k probably would be very nice to have. but as you say, most dont have that. but what they can afford is usually significantly better than a console

i dont know what most other people have, my own pc, i think is quite powerful, certainly more so than a console. it didnt cost even 1000 though. its built around a phenom I 2.6 ghz quadcore, 4gb ram, and a nvidia gtx260, and a 500 gb sata hard drive.  total cost of those bits, is about 475,  but thats in the UK, im sure in the USA, it would probably have been a bit cheaper. but, if you have money to burn, then an alienware rig costing over 2k probably would be very nice to have. but as you say, most dont have that. but what they can afford is usually significantly better than a console

You got me there. Games on PC like Halo 3, Gears of War 2, Infamous, MGS4 and many others look a lot better than the Console versions.... Oh wait.

when people talk about the cost of consoles vs pc's its always controversial, the cost of a console may seem low compared to a pc (most of the time anwyay) but you do have to purchase a suitable tv to use one on too.  i personally would equate playing a ps3 or xbox360 on a 18 inch telly as being akin to cruel and unusual punishment. ok, you have your 32 inch lcd telly, not ideal but, hey, for 300 quid or so, you can't expect too much image. well i should get to the point, which is that computers, although the overall cost is higher than a console, even including the 32' LCD, the capability of the PC far and away outstrips that of any modern console, without exception. seriously though, how many PC's users these days only have a single monitor? would consider it unusual not to be able to browse the web whilst playing an online game - with MMO's having so many helpful websites for tools/information/maps etc, its practically a necessity. how about streaming music from your favourite online radio station at the same time, voice comms that isnt platform dependent, teampspeak, ventrilo, or how about skype even!.
    Consoles are good at what they do, no question, but, they lack the flexibility, the ability, and lets be honest here, the outright capability of modern pc hardware. and thats why pc's cost more. because at the end of the day, you get what you pay for.image

If you're spending $2500 on a gaming PC, you're doing it wrong.

Even the 'top of the line' games today will run rather decently on a rig that will cost around $700-800 (sometimes less if you get a good deal) sans monitor if you shop around and assemble it yourself. Sure it won't be top of the line, and you'll have to replace it a couple years earlier, but you're spending significantly less. Yeah you won't be able to crank up the graphics to "omg I can see into the pores of their skin!", but graphics aren't the end all be all of gaming. Last I checked, the gameplay is what determines if a game is fun or not.

• donaldduckdonaldduck Member UncommonPosts: 158

Don't know where many of you are shopping but I've just bought a Windows 7 quad core PC with 3gig ram and a GPU to run any modern game on the highest setting for just over £500.

For instance the new game Dragon Age Origins is FAR better visually and smoother on this machine than on any console version. I'll have this computer for the next 5-7 years and probably only upgrade the GPU.

People with consoles have to spend more on their games - 30-40% more and I'd imagine most if not all will be in line to purchase the next Xbox or PS4 when it comes out in a couple of years. Add all that up and you'll find the cost of a decent PC is pretty similar to a console ...and that's without even touching on the million other things you can do on a PC ...oh and MODS! MODS and MORE MODS!

• Ramonski7Ramonski7 Member UncommonPosts: 2,662
    Originally posted by Blank300

Originally posted by Ramonski7

WTH......these PC gamers are still floundering on the beach.....someone hand me my bat.
    Seriously, when you guys do your homework, then you can come to the table like bigbois. Each of the current generation consoles had it's main graphic processor custom built by either NVidia or ATi........I'll say that again.....CUSTOM BUILT. Now let that simmer in for a minute. If the giants of the industry fueling your precious PC gaming needs are doing this for consoles then what possible leg do you have to stand on?

And it's known that these custom processors are made knowing that they will have to serve TWO purposes:

They have to be able deliver stable performance for a longer period of time than their PC counterparts.
    They have to be cutting edge enough to take advantage of software improvements for at least the next 10 years.

This is why games on consoles improve so well as a system ages. They are built to get better with time and no hardware upgrades needed. Look at it this way.......

You can go to a auto show and see prototype cars and production model cars, prototypes serve as groundwork for some features we can look forward to in production models somewhere down the line. But as it stands now they are too impractical, expensive and advanced to offer up as is.

That's not to say you cannot mod your jalopy to be better than that prototype, but hell...since you don't know what it's tech consist of you'll never know. And that how this video processor tech is....you DO NOT know what potential they have running under their hoods.........but it damn sure delivers. And that's only because it's being built by the industry's best, period.

I mean don't get me wrong....PCs are good for flash games, MMOs, card games, bejeweled variations and modders. But it's something about playing virtually lag-free/hack from the comfort of my couch, in front of my big screen, trash-talking my buddies over X-Box live or any bluetooth headset I get for my PS3 and not having to worry about anything other than enjoying the next game we want to play together.

You have no idea what you are talking about.

Yes some consoles are built with ATI and Nvidia but lets put fact to fact here, the best video cards on the market are for the PC, PC is the ultimate gamming machines you can get, Like I said before consoles are good for a  low budget gamer who just can't afford a PC gamming rig.

I got a question for ya, if Consoles are sooo great, how come the most graphical advanced game  Crysis is'nt on any console? thats because they don't have the power,and the graphics to run that game at all,

Pc games also improve on a regular basis, I don't know about you but my PC can run any game out there with a very stable performance that outmatches any console system, and you also think that PCs are cutting edge? OMG, sorry but you really have no idea what you are talking about and thus should'nt even be here on this forum with your ideas that a console is better, to get back to the question, PC's get  " DRIVER " updates to improve system performance and stability. Having worked for Microsoft on the technical side of things, we had the pleasure of testing which is better, A: Console or B: Computer with Vista, what we did was we took 2 of the same game and played them on each machine and let me tell you, the computer beats the console in a big way, sharper improved graphics, textures and improved stability and higher Frame rates per second. So I will tell you that you literaly have no idea what you are talking about and I suggest you stick with your console, it's a good thing, not everyone is smart enough to own and operate a Customer built PC, good day

So graphics are the only platform you are standing on as a PC gamer? And you pick a game where 90% of the graphic cards out there would lock, chug or burn when you max the setting as your holy grail? Ok that's like shooting yourself in the foot. If you're gonna make it this easy to pick on PC gaming then I don't even want to continue. Look at THE best selling game of 2009 and look at the reviews:

Call of Duty: Modern Warfare 2 (PC): 85 meta/2.0 user

Call of Duty: Modern Warfare 2 (XB): 94 meta/5.9 user

Now I'll remind you that this game sold 4.7 million copies in the first 24 hours and close to 800 million. Thing is most of the beef that PC-CODMW2 got from PC gamers was the rampant cheating. I guess dem PC bois don't like to play fair. And the number one beef they had with console gamers was NOT the level of graphics, but 32 vs 32. Which has been already pointed out that as NOT being part of league tournaments where the standard is 6 vs 6.

Look I have 3 PCs at home and I have the 360 and the PS3. I do my fair share of gaming on each of my platforms, but for me to try to defend PC gaming as the end-all, be-all is both short-sighted and closed-minded. From where I stand I have the best of both worlds by rationing my monies in a reasonable manner across my gaming needs. Where other are stuck in a tunnel of trying to keep up with games outpacing their systems rather that systems keeping games in check with pocketbooks.

"Small minds talk about people, average minds talk about events, great minds talk about ideas."

Originally posted by Ceridith

but graphics aren't the end all be all of gaming. Last I checked, the gameplay is what determines if a game is fun or not.

Your right graphics dont matter. since gameplay is equal whats left? how about available games?

While PCs may have MMOs, Consoles have better action games and other exclusives.

I play both but going by availability consoles edge PCs and this is proven by the massive amount of people that prefer consoles over PC.

You know the casual gamers (the majority of gamers)

So really there's nothing left to discuss.

THe 2500 buck example was posted because a poster said thats how much they spent on a bleeding edge system.

As for myself I put together a $1200 system that runs DA on max settings with my monitor included in that price.

I also own a 360 and Ps3 and bought my kids a Wii.

I have around two thousand dollars worth of console games and am subscribed to a game rental service and three MMOs.

So i'm no console or PC fanboi what I am is tired of the idiots that will blindly defend a platform like its illegal to own more than one.

• Toquio3Toquio3 Member Posts: 1,074

I believe the first game of all time was pong, and that was on a console, not PC. There are good things about both pc and consoles. I choose not to hate either.

If you stand VERY still, and close your eyes, after a minute you can actually FEEL the universe revolving around PvP.

but graphics aren't the end all be all of gaming. Last I checked, the gameplay is what determines if a game is fun or not.

Your right graphics dont matter. since gameplay is equal whats left? how about available games?
    While PCs may have MMOs, Consoles have better action games and other exclusives.
    I play both but going by availability consoles edge PCs and this is proven by the massive amount of people that prefer consoles over PC.

Really it is just personal preference, you're right. As I said earlier in the thread, PC gaming will still have it's place for a long time to come.

There is still more besides available games as well, which I noted earlier in mentioning that player mods are near non-existent in console games.

Take Half-life for example. The game on its own was enjoyable, but the most fun, and most time sunk into half-life for me, was in it's many mods. Counter-strike was spawned as a player made mod, for example, and became so successful it was released as it's own stand alone game. There were other great half-life mods as well, such as firearms, natural selection, etc. The console releases of half-life? Nothing but the main game.

These modding communities take a game, and extend them into something far more than they were at release, and all you need to do is buy the base game to play them. So game modding is something that PC has over consoles as well. Without PC gaming and the freedom that modding for some games offer, there would be a lot of great games that wouldn't exist today, on any platform.

Really it is just personal preference, you're right. As I said earlier in the thread, PC gaming will still have it's place for a long time to come.

There is still more besides available games as well, which I noted earlier in mentioning that player mods are near non-existent in console games.

Take Half-life for example. The game on its own was enjoyable, but the most fun, and most time sunk into half-life for me, was in it's many mods. Counter-strike was spawned as a player made mod, for example, and became so successful it was released as it's own stand alone game. There were other great half-life mods as well, such as firearms, natural selection, etc. These modding communities take a game, and extend them into something far more than they were at release, and all you need to do is buy the base game to play them. So game modding is something that PC has over consoles as well.

Dude I agree i love mods. I wouldnt bank on mods being PC exclusive much longer though. I read an article recently of both Valve and Bioware creating Tools for consoles to move the mod communities to Consoles. mods that would be distributed through PSN and XBlive.

Imo the future is looking good for both platforms.

• ForumfallForumfall Member Posts: 570

The cost argument can of course be turned either way. If you buy alot of games and are smart about upgrading you can get aways cheaper with a pc. Console players on the other hand can rent games so yeah go figure...

The versatility argument is bullshit for the most part. My comp can this my comp can that, not like console players are living behind the moon and have no form of pc at home.

The rest is simply subjective and there is not much you can argue about taste.