Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Good time to come back or wait till xpac?

snoop101snoop101 Member UncommonPosts: 400

So im playing Aion right now and im having a hard time getting addicted. lol. Ya addicted.

I played LOTRO before and got most classes up into the mid to late teens. Then had a friend ask me to come back to do Wotlk and then got sick of that (I dont think I need to explain). So start Aion maybe 2 1/2 weeks ago. I just cant seem to get into it. Maybe I need to give it time so I can PvP and maybe that will get me hooked, but then I heard that I will hate the grind.

One other major thing is that I find the Aion community as bad as WOW's. Even while playing I swear I was in Barrens chat all over again. Lotro's community when I played was pretty amazing. Best community I seen ever (maybe VG comes closest).

Anyhow. I think I want to come back to LOTRO since I got a lot to see still and by the time im at high level the Xpac next month will be already out for a bit.

So should I wait till next month once the Xpac comes out? With the changes to combat and the area's in the teens levels getting a revamp would it make a huge difference or should I just get back into it now?

Comments

• grandpagamergrandpagamer Member Posts: 2,221

I resubbed on the 17th for the multil month/free xpac deal and have seen a lot of activity on Landroval.  So there are lots of players around, in fact I would say the population has grown since last i played in the spring. Its up to you what you will do, but if Aion is leaving you cold might as well come back now although I think the free xpac deal is over unless they extended it again.

• EvelknievelEvelknievel Member UncommonPosts: 2,964

Isn't the xpac geared morely for those that are level 60 already?

What I am trying to say is, if your starting as a newbie once again in lotro, is this xpac going to effect any of the lower level players?

• grandpagamergrandpagamer Member Posts: 2,221

Theres supposed to me a "smoothing out" of combat but i do not know if that comes with the d/load of the xpac or in the form of a patch. I would think a patch but I havnt heard. But other than that I think the base game would be good enough for a new player although two new classes were added with MOM.

• MrbloodworthMrbloodworth Member Posts: 5,615

Everyone will have access to the skirmishes and the combat changes ETC... Xpack or not.

Originally posted by HiGHPLAiNS

What I am trying to say is, if your starting as a newbie once again in lotro, is this xpac going to effect any of the lower level players?

Skirmishes start at 30 (Don't forget soldiers), the combat system is being refined, crafting is getting more smoothing out in the form of reduced materials in many cases, everyone gets a horse at 20 now, you can now emote and talk to NPC's from horseback, the lone lands has gotten a revamp, some of the early book quests now have a solo option...

That is what I can thing of that would be essentially for lower level players, so, quite a bit if you understand the scope of some of it.

----------
    "Anyone posting on this forum is not an average user, and there for any opinions about the game are going to be overly critical compared to an average users opinions." - Me

"No, your wrong.." - Random user #123

"Hello person posting on a site specifically for MMO's in a thread on a sub forum specifically for a particular game talking about meta features and making comparisons to other titles in the genre, and their meta features.

How are you?" -Me

• MrbloodworthMrbloodworth Member Posts: 5,615

To firther answer your questions HIGHPLAINS, i read this, and thought it may be just what you are looking for.

Zone revamp (22-32), new faction, new feature (Challanges) and some awesome polish.

----------
    "Anyone posting on this forum is not an average user, and there for any opinions about the game are going to be overly critical compared to an average users opinions." - Me

"No, your wrong.." - Random user #123

"Hello person posting on a site specifically for MMO's in a thread on a sub forum specifically for a particular game talking about meta features and making comparisons to other titles in the genre, and their meta features.

How are you?" -Me

• Frostbite05Frostbite05 Member, Newbie CommonPosts: 1,880

the main thing that really turned me off and prevented me from leveling further would be the fact that alot of the main quests required a fellowship and at around level 28 they were rather hard to come by. I'm really feeling the expac since its going to make many of those quests to be soloed.

• The user and all related content has been deleted.

"Freedom is just another name for nothing left to lose" - Janis Joplin

• UW1975UW1975 Member Posts: 183
    Originally posted by Mrbloodworth

Everyone will have access to the skirmishes and the combat changes ETC... Xpack or not.

Originally posted by HiGHPLAiNS

Skirmishes start at 30 (Don't forget soldiers), the combat system is being refined, crafting is getting more smoothing out in the form of reduced materials in many cases, everyone gets a horse at 20 now, you can now emote and talk to NPC's from horseback, the lone lands has gotten a revamp, some of the early book quests now have a solo option...

That is what I can thing of that would be essentially for lower level players, so, quite a bit if you understand the scope of some of it.

Don't forge the revamp of Lonelands. Oh didn't know everyone will get horses at 20. Wow, what a change.