Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

is it worth starting in this game?

ishibeiishibei Member UncommonPosts: 12

Title says it all i played a little at launch but is it worth playing from the begining?

Also whats the game like in the eu?

The -7th- Legion
Locked, loaded, armed and ready! Evil hasn't got a prayer!
"veniremus, percussimus, nos victi"
-7-

Comments

• GreygonGreygon Member Posts: 75

I can't speak to the EU servers, but if you like PvE and you like the "little things" that many MMO's don't do or do well then you will enjoy LotRO.  Turbine does a great job of adding lots of things to keep gameplay interesting when you don't feel like questing or your group isn't on.  Their festivals and side quests are fun and the crafting is well done.  They have many classes and several of them are fairly unique in their playstyles.  Their housing is well done.  Their auction system is well done.  The starter areas are all well developed and completely different depending on what race you play, so there are lots of reasons to play alts.  It is a good, solid game.  Add to that the fact that Turbine has added more free content since release than any other game that I can recall and it is top notch in my book.

They do need to revamp the mail system and I personally wish it was easier to get groups for some of the group quests, but that is a minor complaint.  Free trials are east to come by in LotRO, so I would suggest giving it a try.  If you need a trial key PM me and I'll send you one.

• WicoaWicoa Member UncommonPosts: 1,637

EU is run by codemasters they do an ok job.

The population is quite good but if you can find a kinship to level in and a group of people to play with you will enjoy your experience more. There is a fair whack of group content in this game that at some time or another will need attempting.  I have had a blast levelling fresh recently with a team that were re-levelling.

• gboostergbooster Member UncommonPosts: 712

Of all the MMORPGs ever made, LOTRO is definately all about the journey. So yes, it is definately worth starting fresh.

• kaiser3282kaiser3282 Member UncommonPosts: 2,759

id say yeah its worth it, just started up again myself for the 3rd time a few weeks ago, still a great game (i just got caught up in other games in the past and dropped this one, though those games ended up being full of fail anyway). Especially with the new expansion coming, its even more worth it than before.

• WicoaWicoa Member UncommonPosts: 1,637
    Originally posted by ghettobooste

LOTRO is definately all about the journey.

I agree with you in some parts but I cannot wait to start raiding and go kill some creeps in pvmp. Turbine are definately fleshing out top end content so don't discount it please.  Lotro does have an amazing levelling story to show you in the form of the books.

• MrbloodworthMrbloodworth Member Posts: 5,615
    Originally posted by ishibei

Title says it all i played a little at launch but is it worth playing from the begining?
    Also whats the game like in the eu?

Oh yes, the work they have done to revamp the starting zones is good. If you played a time before the changes, it will definitely be refreshing for you. Try the new classes too.

----------
    "Anyone posting on this forum is not an average user, and there for any opinions about the game are going to be overly critical compared to an average users opinions." - Me

"No, your wrong.." - Random user #123

"Hello person posting on a site specifically for MMO's in a thread on a sub forum specifically for a particular game talking about meta features and making comparisons to other titles in the genre, and their meta features.

How are you?" -Me