Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

SoM Raids

Being a big fan of pre MoM raids (Rift pre nerf) and having a rather heavy investment in this game I will of course be subbing up shortly after the x pack is released.

So my question (to any that may be testing or heard info):

How do the newer encounters (wipe mechanics, lore, and overall gameplay) stack up to some of the very difficult content we encountered in the game so far?

Pretty much my favorite aspect of LotRO is its high end raid challenges, it feels different from WoW, and I grow tired of the usual WoW mechanics.

EDIT: As of now WoW will prolly be going off my playlist, I dont have any real reasons to re sub, and my cousin and old guild switched servers, so a month fee + 25$ switch just doesnt feel worth it until next x pack draws nearer.

I play all ghame

Comments

• MrbloodworthMrbloodworth Member Posts: 5,615

AFAIK, there is only one true raid. However skirmishes can be run with a 12 man group (effectively making them a 24 man, with soldiers) Of course keep in mind, radiance will be now raid only stat, and will not help outside of true raids anymore.

So, i guess you could say, they have added 11 raids (if you include skirmishes) and the skirmish ones are random, mode settable encounters.

----------
    "Anyone posting on this forum is not an average user, and there for any opinions about the game are going to be overly critical compared to an average users opinions." - Me

"No, your wrong.." - Random user #123

"Hello person posting on a site specifically for MMO's in a thread on a sub forum specifically for a particular game talking about meta features and making comparisons to other titles in the genre, and their meta features.

How are you?" -Me

• Player_420Player_420 Member Posts: 686

hmm raid only stat eh? Ill have to read up on that, thx for infos.

I play all ghame

• MrbloodworthMrbloodworth Member Posts: 5,615
    Originally posted by Player_420

hmm raid only stat eh? Ill have to read up on that, thx for infos.

Yeah, if I can recall where, ill get you the link. But the "Radiance" stat on items now ONLY apply to the particular "gloom" that raid bosses give off. So there is no longer and benefit in PvE. Essential they have gone back to how the dread/hope/gloom/radiance worked in SoA. This was said months ago, like, shortly after MoM, it just got rolled into this update.

Reinforcing that raids is an optional tier of game play, and not a requirement.

Part of the changes and thoughts on the current system. (I can't recall when that was stated)

Upcoming Radiance Barter Changes that increase acessability

And the quote I brought up:

-Amlug

p.s. Radiance and Hope have been separated back out again. Radiance will no longer give bonuses to players on landscape, it will only be used to combat Gloom.

----------
    "Anyone posting on this forum is not an average user, and there for any opinions about the game are going to be overly critical compared to an average users opinions." - Me

"No, your wrong.." - Random user #123

"Hello person posting on a site specifically for MMO's in a thread on a sub forum specifically for a particular game talking about meta features and making comparisons to other titles in the genre, and their meta features.

How are you?" -Me