Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Jump

CorthalaCorthala Member UncommonPosts: 283

Bioware always had a problem With jump, I just can't remember one of their game with jump, I just can't remember a single RPG game from bioware that you could jump. My question is:

Will we be able to jump in TOR? Anyone has any info about it?

"you are like the world revenge on sarcasm, you know that?"

One of those great lines from The Secret World

Comments

• ErstokErstok Member Posts: 523

Does it matter? No, retards and fanboys will still eat up this no matter how good or bad it is. Have patience and simply wait it out to get your answer. No one outside of the game will have info on it till the developers themselves say so.

ZOMG it's Star Wars: The Old Republic. Old Republic! It's Bioware! It has Jedi! Haz FORCE11!

When did you start playing "old school" MMO's. World Of Warcraft?

• greed0104greed0104 Member Posts: 2,134
    Originally posted by Erstok

Does it matter? No, retards and fanboys will still eat up this no matter how good or bad it is. Have patience and simply wait it out to get your answer. No one outside of the game will have info on it till the developers themselves say so.
    Jump =/= a good game. Ever played WoW? Do you know how stupid it looks when 20 people are always tapping the space bar like they were a damned rabbit.
    ZOMG it's Star Wars: The Old Republic. Old Republic! It's Bioware! It has Jedi! Haz FORCE11!
    Nice stereotype. The mistake you made is the ones to actually speak like that are those that hate Jedi in general.

• haratuharatu Member UncommonPosts: 409

Jumping can look stupid, however nothing is more frustrating than not getting to go up 5 pixels due to bad level design.

Not having jumping in any game is fine as long as the level design is of such you don't notice it.

I agree 100% with you Haratu.

My only problem is how quickly immersion can be broke when that random person runs up next to you jumping up in down to get your attention. Or the guys standing there waiting for transport jumping for 3 min strait. Probably silly to be annoyed by this but it drives me nuts. I vote for a small cooldown on jump (5sec)?

• CorthalaCorthala Member UncommonPosts: 283

I never liked ppl jumping like rabbits for get your attention or just jump to see if they move faster but not being able to jump is just kills the the open world felling.

• GTwanderGTwander Member UncommonPosts: 6,035

Jumping is a useless fashion accessory unless the game actually deals with platforming. I think I remember one instance in WoW that had things you needed to jump to in order to get through the zone, I guess there is an excuse, but otherwise it's just for bunny hopping as a convulsive function created by *boredom*.

Writer / Musician / Game Designer

Now Playing: Skyrim, Wurm Online, Tropico 4
    Waiting On: GW2, TSW, Archeage, The Rapture

• nAAtimusnAAtimus Member Posts: 342

I love jumping around and onto stuff.

When I played WoW with my holy priest I'd run around and jump like an idiot during combat healing my group. Fun times.

I'm not here to complete my forum PVP dailies.

Originally posted by nAAtimus

I love jumping around and onto stuff.
    When I played WoW with my holy priest I'd run around and jump like an idiot during combat healing my group. Fun times.

BAH, that's when I drop agro onto you. I hate you : (

ToTT you, FoK spam, vanish. I did this for about a week in wow after hitting 80. Was not easy to find a group outside of the guild anymore after that :P

I have had people jump in my cam view while fighting a boss, all I see is this fat orc head bouncing up and down, then I rotate the camera up and see about 5 others doing that same damn thing.

And the person that asked about zones and fights that required jumping. Nax requires a lot of that.

• Xondar123Xondar123 Member CommonPosts: 2,543

Jumping would be cool if Jedi and Sith could do it for a short time. Kinda like super jump in City of Heroes.

• SarbocabrasSarbocabras Member Posts: 257
    Originally posted by Erstok

Does it matter? Yes it does matter a great deal infact. 
     No, retards and fanboys will still eat up this no matter how good or bad it is.
    Is that even semi relevant to the post?
    Have patience and simply wait it out to get your answer.
      He was simply asking if anyone knew. 
    No one outside of the game will have info on it till the developers themselves say so.
    NO SHIT, he was wondering if there was anything mentioned about the ability to 'jump' 
  • GTwanderGTwander Member UncommonPosts: 6,035

I wonder... people seem to like jumping so much, but if they made a jumping skillset that got better with use, allowing you to jump higher and encourage rampant bunny-hopping mentality in order to grind it - it's most likely getting lauded, and by proponents that all games allow jumping for boredom purposes.

Writer / Musician / Game Designer

Now Playing: Skyrim, Wurm Online, Tropico 4
    Waiting On: GW2, TSW, Archeage, The Rapture

• CorthalaCorthala Member UncommonPosts: 283

The "Space" key was always used for pause in Bioware games maybe this time they will give it another use:)

• hayes303hayes303 Member UncommonPosts: 430

I will play this in any case, but it would be nice to have a jump (I constantly pause Dragon Age:Orgins without meaning to while trying to jump stuff).

• AthcearAthcear Member Posts: 420

Jumping is one of the basic things you do in a video games.  Back when there were only two buttons, one was attack, and one was jump.  You have to be able to jump.  If nothing else, it's important for fighting in melee.  Jumping is how you maintain forward momentum while facing the other way.

Important facts:
    1. Free to Play games are poorly made.
    2. Casuals are not all idiots, but idiots call themselves casuals.
    3. Great solo and group content are not mutually exclusive, but they suffer when one is shoved into the mold of the other. The same is true of PvP and PvE.
    4. Community is more important than you think.

• azarhalazarhal Member RarePosts: 1,402

TOR is Bioware first game with jumping. You can see the smuggler jump in the E3 demo.

And I hope they change the animation, because it doesn't look that great. :(

• FdzzaiglFdzzaigl Member UncommonPosts: 2,433

You can jump.

Feel free to use my referral link for SW:TOR if you want to test out the game. You'll get some special unlocks!

• AnubisanAnubisan Member UncommonPosts: 1,798

I do seriousy hope that we are able to jump in TOR, but I don't think it is VITAL to the success of the game.

The only thing that matters is whether or not it is fun. If they can make the game FUN while keeping us on the ground, I'm all for it.

• DrachasorDrachasor Member Posts: 2,678
    Originally posted by azarhal

TOR is Bioware first game with jumping. You can see the smuggler jump in the E3 demo.
    And I hope they change the animation, because it doesn't look that great. :(

Good that they have jumping.  It's kind of iconic for Jedi, imho.

• Label_ThisLabel_This Member Posts: 171
    Originally posted by Corthala

Bioware always had a problem With jump, I just can't remember one of their game with jump, I just can't remember a single RPG game from bioware that you could jump. My question is:
    Will we be able to jump in TOR? Anyone has any info about it?

And if their IS a jump, let us pray to the force that it's not like SWG's, where you pressed space and it raised your character 2ft off the ground with no animations used at all and couldn't actually be used to clear obstacles (soo lame, SOE).

Why are there so many cutesie, fantasy, childish MMO's. Give me blood, gore and a long lasting challenge. I don't need my hand being held along the way. Thanks.

• kegtapkegtap Member Posts: 261

jedi knight and sith warrior will have force jump attacks. 

"There is perhaps nothing so terrifying as having a dark Sith Warrior hurtling through the air toward you with his lightsaber smashing down. Such a forceful attack immediately puts adversaries on the defensive, and sometimes ends the fight outright."

check out the short video under combat tactics

http://www.swtor.com/info/holonet/classes/sith-warrior

I can feel your anger. This game is defenseless. Take your weapon. Strike this game down with all of your hatred, and your journey towards towards the Dark Side will be complete.