Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

What a surprise

RedcellRedcell Member Posts: 14

I just spent all night playing. I haven't played a game all night like this since pre-cu swg . I really enjoyed the quest line for terence(sp) and the rotters, met a couple other people in the bunker and grouped it was a blast.

Question, is there a guide for group tactics? We were trying to figure out how to effectively fight together after our two tanks got shot up by freindly fire a few times.

Comments

• hubdawghubdawg Member UncommonPosts: 22

if you are not in a pvp area there is no friendly fire....

Past AC : AC2 : DAoC : DDO : EVE : Entropia : GW : SWG : TSO
    Present UO
    Future HOPE

• Label_ThisLabel_This Member Posts: 171

Wow, I never see anyone teaming up on this game. Well done.

And no, there doesn't seem to be a guide like that yet.

Why are there so many cutesie, fantasy, childish MMO's. Give me blood, gore and a long lasting challenge. I don't need my hand being held along the way. Thanks.

• RedcellRedcell Member Posts: 14
    Originally posted by hubdawg

Hmm I'm pretty sure when we accidently shot the melee's we did damage, but I could be wrong.  One of the guys in the group said ff was on while grouped, but again I'm not that familiar with it. Maybe we were wrong.

If we get together again tonight I'll see if someone in the group can shoot me and do damage, certainly make things easier if FF is off.

Originally posted by Redcell

If we get together again tonight I'll see if someone in the group can shoot me and do damage, certainly make things easier if FF is off.

Invite me btw, what level are you? I'm like level 5 or something

Why are there so many cutesie, fantasy, childish MMO's. Give me blood, gore and a long lasting challenge. I don't need my hand being held along the way. Thanks.

• JeroKaneJeroKane Member EpicPosts: 6,965

Hmm I'm pretty sure when we accidently shot the melee's we did damage, but I could be wrong.  One of the guys in the group said ff was on while grouped, but again I'm not that familiar with it. Maybe we were wrong.

Im pretty sure it was the mobs hitting them and not you.

Originally posted by Label_This

Sure, I'm only level 3 but everyone else was 5-6. My character's name is redcell too so just send a mess in-game.

• hubdawghubdawg Member UncommonPosts: 22

I do not see a lot of teaming up, but if I wait around near a difficult quest someone not minding a hand shows up.

The biggest issue to remember in teams with melee and gun users is the melee guys need to be aware to try to flank or turn your mob's back to the shooters.  You will block their fire  with your body.

Past AC : AC2 : DAoC : DDO : EVE : Entropia : GW : SWG : TSO
    Present UO
    Future HOPE

• BeermanglerBeermangler Member UncommonPosts: 402

Is the game still laggy as hell in towns? That's what drove me off. And... still issues with 8600GT series? The game froze on me so often It drove me mad.

Better to be crazy, provided you know what sane is...

• angus858angus858 Member UncommonPosts: 381

Almost all of the quest lines are fun.  The writers have a great sense of story and dry humor. 

I've grouped with people for most of the "dungeons" and have yet to find anyone who claims expertise in grouping tactics.  That really hasn't bothered me.  We have mostly just charged in and started blasting.  When that doesn't work the usual mmorpg tactics (pulling, target priority, designating a tank, etc) have worked fine. 

Most of the PvE is quite easy if you follow the difficulty coding icons in the quest description.  As a crafter I find I can solo any green-con group quest.  White-con group quests are best done with a partner.  Yellow con group quests usually required 3 or more in the party.  Of course this depends on other people's levels and specs too.  I imagine that people who are fully specced for combat have it even easier.

I've yet to enter S2 so it may be that things get tougher later on. 

Originally posted by Beermangler

Is the game still laggy as hell in towns? That's what drove me off. And... still issues with 8600GT series? The game froze on me so often It drove me mad.

I've only experienced the lag in that 1 town (Embry crossroads) i think it's called. My framerate dropped to 2fps and was so bad that i had to abort a quest because it was so laggy that i couldn't find the npc to finish my quest.

• VaedurVaedur Member Posts: 430

It doesn't really get too much harder, that's my big turn off.. great setting and concept tho, just .. *eh* feels lacking

• JeroKaneJeroKane Member EpicPosts: 6,965
    Originally posted by Beermangler

Yup. Unfortunately it is. Altho now the free trials are over it has calmed down a bit again.

But even I with DualCore CPU, 4GB of RAM and GeForce9800GTX freeze up my client in towns like Embry Crossroads or Oilville.

It's a pain in the butt, but I just try to avoid those towns during primetime.

• Haggis13Haggis13 Member Posts: 117

Sure, I'm only level 3 but everyone else was 5-6. My character's name is redcell too so just send a mess in-game.

Don't you think calling yourself after one of the game's well-known RP clans is at least a bit obnoxious?

I do not see a lot of teaming up, but if I wait around near a difficult quest someone not minding a hand shows up.

The biggest issue to remember in teams with melee and gun users is the melee guys need to be aware to try to flank or turn your mob's back to the shooters.  You will block their fire  with your body.

Good idea, we got into trouble a few times by accidently getting extra mobs when the shooters tried to flank.

Originally posted by Haggis13

Don't you think calling yourself after one of the game's well-known RP clans is at least a bit obnoxious?

Umm didn't know there was a clan named redcell. Also, no. I've used this handle for years, its fairly well known name.

Maybe its a little obnoxious to think you've cornered the market on a particular name.

• VaedurVaedur Member Posts: 430

Umm didn't know there was a clan named redcell. Also, no. I've used this handle for years, its fairly well known name.

Maybe its a little obnoxious to think you've cornered the market on a particular name.

I forsee this happening in The Old Republic and My galaxies trial.. lol

• DarkPonyDarkPony Member Posts: 5,566

You are very right.

Also; welcome to the apocalypse. Grouping is not so very common in FE though higher up in Sector 1 the need to group definately gets more prevalent though the game allows for you to come back at a later level to solo it.

I've been one shotted quite a few times by boss and master mobs so far (lvl 31 now).

p.s. still having a blast after a few months, by the way. This game is way to addictive :)

• comerbcomerb Member UncommonPosts: 944

Question, is there a guide for group tactics? We were trying to figure out how to effectively fight together after our two tanks got shot up by freindly fire a few times.

Did you hit a PvP area?  Friendly fire is active in PvP areas.