Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

So, is NCsoft listening? I don't know but HOLY HELL CHECK THIS OUT!

GPrestigeGPrestige Member UncommonPosts: 523

Ok, I was extremely disappointed with Aion's launch. Grind, zones, etc etc... the game just seemed completely underwhelming. You HAVE to check this video out.

You can check my post history, I definitely bashed this game. But if this comes out and they address the major issues I'd go back in a heartbeat, you can count on that. Along with this discussion, I'm hoping you might also be able to give examples of MMO companies that have heard complaints right from the get-go and kept in communication with the population to address issues.

Just a recap of the vid, what seems to be planned for Aion in the near future:

-DX10

-Active changing weather cycle

-Player Housing

-Mounts

-Beating the crap out of animals and riding them

-Swimming

-Flying anywhere

-Increasing combat speed, almost to action game pace

-COLLOSAL beasts

-Computer specs no one cares about: check.

-MMOs played no one cares about: check.

-Xfire stats no one cares about: check.

-Signature no one cares about: check.

------------------------------------------------------------
-Narcissism: check.

Comments

• cyress8cyress8 Member Posts: 832

Hopefully, other devs will take notice and start trying to push out graphic and gameplay overhauls. I hope to GOD (not really a christian or whatnot) they notice, we need better games!

BOOYAKA!

• TealaTeala Member RarePosts: 7,627

Right yeah, this is the game that they should have released.  Looks amazing.   I hope they added tons of new quest and decreased the grind.   If the new game is anything like that video with all those really cool arse features...I'll leave WoW and never look back.

• IonikIonik Member Posts: 30

One thing they didn't address is the grind.

• GPrestigeGPrestige Member UncommonPosts: 523
    Originally posted by Ionik

One thing they didn't address is the grind.

Well we don't know this yet. Don't misjudge me, I'm just as skeptical as the next guy who was burned by Aion's release, but for all we know they could absolutely address the major problems. If they do then I would have found my long-term MMO for good, no questions asked.

• dreamscaperdreamscaper Member UncommonPosts: 1,592

I just saw the movie a few minutes ago and I'm currently happy with the game, even in its current state. However...that video is just jaw dropping. It looks like they took everything that could be improved within the game and improved it. The sheer amount of stuff they're adding as seen in that video is simply mind-boggling.

Lemme see if I can give a list of most of what I saw in that video.

• Graphical upgrade (massive)
    • Seasonal changes
    • Swimming
    • Underwater zones/npcs.
    • Sea boats
    • Combat revamp (fast!))
    • Flight revamp
    • More open zones
    • Housing (Guild?)
    • Whips
    • Battle claws
    • Crossbows
    • Giant, fortress size monsters.
    • Mounts
    • New summons
    • Expanded storyline

Just....wow.

<3

<3

• XasapisXasapis Member RarePosts: 6,337

How did you deduce that there will be flying anywhere? If anything, I've seen some gliding in that video, which suggests that things (hopefully) might not change as much in this department.

• MMO_DoubterMMO_Doubter Member Posts: 5,056

If something sounds too good to be true...

"" Voice acting isn't an RPG element....it's just a production value." - grumpymel2

Originally posted by Legato89

Keep feeding the hype machine people.

Why is this so true in every way? 

and i've seen all this in another mmo, its called aoc.

did a shitty job doing it though, so we'll see. maybe they won't have a million problems with dx10.

and too all the people complaining about fps lag on aion now, lmfao. just wait till they release this.

Originally posted by Xasapis
    How did you deduce that there will be flying anywhere? If anything, I've seen some gliding in that video, which suggests that things (hopefully) might not change as much in this department.
    At least you can swim. :D

BOOYAKA!

Nah, don't be so doubtful. What happens is that it's version 3.0. Current live is 1.5.xx, which means that there is a version 2.0 that needs to go live first.

If anything, this is a preview of something in the far future. I'd say a year at least before we see it implemented.

Originally posted by MMO_Doubter

Hey, one can hope.. right? RIGHT?! Seriously though, it SOUNDS like the perfect addition to make it the perfect MMO. Thats all I want, is my perfect MMO. Why can't I have it :(

• Legato89Legato89 Member Posts: 297

I mean seriously. I remember hearing how amazing Darkfall was supposed to be.

Nah, don't be so doubtful. What happens is that it's version 3.0. Current live is 1.5.xx, which means that there is a version 2.0 that needs to go live first.
    If anything, this is a preview of something in the far future. I'd say a year at least before we see it implemented.

One of the CM said it is not called Aion 3.0 - [CM]Tamat
    http://na.aiononline.com/forums/general/view?articleID=9165
    Could be 4.0, but i have a feeling it is 2.0

BOOYAKA!

• EphimeroEphimero Member Posts: 1,860

Darkfall always looked like an enormous turd, this trailer doesn't look like an enormous turd.

• ZyllosZyllos Member UncommonPosts: 537

This video being a claim of NCsoft trying to address some of the issues of Aion (looks like world consistances, other travel options, siege units, ect) has at the moment but...is this going to make the game better? I believe the seamless world would greatly help the issues of feeling very linear. It would also address alts feeling and playing the same as both races only have one starting location. Swimming adds another deminsion for exploration to the game.

Maybe a start in the right direction, but I have no idea if it is enough for me to return to the game.

MMOs Played: I can no longer list them all in the 500 character limit.

Where did the idea it was called "3.0" come from?

Lead Dev > Hey, we don't have the next expansion planned yet, but lets make the one AFTER it FIRST!

Dev team > GOOD IDEA GUY!

Originally posted by Ephimero

Darkfall always looked like an enormous turd, this trailer doesn't look like an enormous turd.

I think mythbuster did a show on if you could shine a piece of turd.

didn't get busted.

so I wouldn't bash darkfall that much. Their slowly shining it lmfao.

Well, it's the same with all previous. The veterans are on a wait and see status. The deniers are on a ... denial status. And the fans are on a rejoice status.

I think I'll stick in the veterans corner, although deep down I am generally optimistic about the future, unlike some other frequent posters.

Darkfall was in development for a very long time. There was a period where we had no visuals to go by.

Originally posted by Ionik
    Originally posted by MMO_Doubter If something sounds too good to be true...

I think mythbuster did a show on if you could shine a piece of turd.
    didn't get busted.
    so I wouldn't bash darkfall that much. Their slowly shining it lmfao.

I'm just happy they at least tried something different. Hopefully they survive and thrive.

BOOYAKA!

• TadzioTadzio Member UncommonPosts: 103

Great PR vid, but let's face the reality

Half of the features wont be implemented due to technical issues / money / time limitations / insertrandomexcusehere

The other 1/4 will be in p2p expansion

And the last 1/4 won't even work.

Life's a bitch, you know.

Regards

• hybridfuryhybridfury Member Posts: 138

Yep, looks amazing.  Probably set to drop in 2012 shortly after the world is scheduled to end.

Currently Playing: Toying around with AoC and bored with Darkfall

Thinking of Playing: Fallen Earth or Darkfall after this months update.

Have Played: EQ1, EQ2, WoW, WAR, Vanguard, EvE, Requiem, PW, Lotro, Lineage2, AoC, SWG...

• Anarchist420Anarchist420 Member Posts: 74

Hype hype hype!  If I had to guess, they put some of the art, models, mechanics into a single player beefed up version of itself just to record the damn video.

I've never played Aion and never will, but the video / forum hype crap has been done 200 times over from MMO companies who pushed out underpar games.  Hopefully, for the Aion fans anyway, I'm wrong.

Aion has a lot of flaws, but their developers didn't do one thing yet, promise something that they didn't deliver.

Aion has a lot of flaws, but their developers didn't do one thing yet, promise something that they didn't deliver.

...and none of the features in this PR vid are promised.

This discussion has been closed.