Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Final two classes with translation.

Comments

• benmou13benmou13 Member Posts: 89

Up yours bioware

• greed0104greed0104 Member Posts: 2,134
    Originally posted by benmou13

Up yours bioware

You will be missed.

• AnubisanAnubisan Member UncommonPosts: 1,798

Thanks for the info Greed!

My first reaction to this was to choose Sith for sure, but it sounds like everyone else is thinking the same way...

I like to be the underdog, so I may just have to go republic. 

• apocalanceapocalance Member UncommonPosts: 1,073

Still going Jedi Knight. This game needs to be ready and released, yesterday. I'm bored and I could use some Star Wars in my diet.

so...

Originally posted by Anubisan

Thanks for the info Greed!
    My first reaction to this was to choose Sith for sure, but it sounds like everyone else is thinking the same way...
    I like to be the underdog, so I may just have to go republic. 

/waves hand

The Republic is not the faction you're looking for, move along.

• apkuapku Member UncommonPosts: 10

I like the new classes, I still have doubts that the Agent, smuggler and trooper can keep up with the others though.

• miconamicona Member UncommonPosts: 677

Still going with my original plan as smuggler :p

• AlienovrlordAlienovrlord Member Posts: 1,525

Thank you for posting this!   it's greatly appreciated!   

• ShamorauShamorau Member UncommonPosts: 181

Thanks greedo

You always manage to come up with the goods. thanks for the info

• IonikIonik Member Posts: 30

watta letdown. :[

wheres my creature handler? 

Originally posted by Ionik

wheres my creature handler?

SWG

• DrachasorDrachasor Member Posts: 2,678

Ugh, a healer class?  That has me worried.  If they make a pure healer class it might be hard to balance out combat right.  Now I fear the game might degenerate into yet ANOTHER Tank-Healer-DPS game.  If that happens I won't play this.  I'm sick and tired of those artificial mechanics.

To be clear, I don't care if AIs handle the tanking or healing...I hate the feel of Tank-Healer-DPS games.  It's very unnatural and unrealistic.  It also wouldn't fit Star Wars at all (heck, I don't think the movies have one in-combat heal, let alone someone just pumping out heal after heal.  The books or comics don't have that either).

I do have to agree with the person that said it feels funny when half the classes are Jedi.

• benmou13benmou13 Member Posts: 89
    Originally posted by greed0104

Up yours bioware

You will be missed.

I think they could of gone at it with a more open mind and instead of having 2 jedi classes per side have more imagination. tarkin never fired his blaster or was seen with a sniper rifle but he got a class so why the f do they think "you know what lets make up jedi and sith healing/support classes cause we cba with looking through lore" so yes i am entiteled to an opinion and no yours wasnt an opinion it was a "i havent nothing mature to say".

• ArezonArezon Member UncommonPosts: 282

Originally posted by benmou13 Up yours bioware

You will be missed.

Really? No.

Up yours bioware

You will be missed.

so yes i am entiteled to an opinion and no yours wasnt an opinion it was a "i havent nothing mature to say".

Because "Up yours bioware" was mature and constructive.

Come on now benmou, you know you was not going to play either of these to begin with.

• protorocprotoroc Member Posts: 1,042
    Originally posted by MikeB

Would be so awesome if you guys tipped us off to this stuff you know! :) 
    TIP BOX (on the right)!

You can type www.escapist.com just like the rest of us, I read about the two classes yesterday.

OT: I find this totally lame, four classes? Melee, ranged, rogue, mage. So all this money into this project and it wont even have more classes then F2P trash. Whats sad is they will ruin the format of previous Black Isle/Bioware/Obsidian RPGs with tedious fetch quests just to artificially extend subscription. Honestly with such a cookie cutter format I find it arguable that TOR will even dent WOW.

Originally posted by protoroc

Originally posted by MikeB

Would be so awesome if you guys tipped us off to this stuff you know! :) 
    TIP BOX (on the right)!

You can type www.escapist.com just like the rest of us, I read about the two classes yesterday.

OT: I find this totally lame, four classes? Melee, ranged, rogue, mage. So all this money into this project and it wont even have more classes then F2P trash. Whats sad is they will ruin the format of previous Black Isle/Bioware/Obsidian RPGs with tedious fetch quests just to artificially extend subscription. Honestly with such a cookie cutter format I find it arguable that TOR will even dent WOW.

I don't know about you, but my hope is not for ToR to do anything to WoW. I wouldn't mind if ToR was to go unnoticed to the average WoW player. Success to me is 300k sub +. If ToR can maintain that and provide me some enjoyment, I'll be more then happy. And not everybody will like having 4 FU, but not everybody has a problem with it either. Look at is as more jedi to kill : )

• uttausuttaus Member Posts: 120

Im not sure what people expected but The Old Republic is supposed to FOCUS on the Jedi/Sith wars. I bet the majority of people wanting to play want even more jedi classes I know I do.

I personally think they should have followed the KOTOR I & II classes even more closely but thats me.

So if you don't care for the the focus on the force users there is a Clone Wars MMO supposedly coming out. It may or may not have as much focus on jedi.

Asheron's Call, Champions Online, Dark Age of Camelot, EVE Online, EverQuest, Lineage 2, Star Wars Galaxies and World of Warcraft.Waiting for SWTOR

• RoosterNashRoosterNash Member Posts: 283

Originally posted by RoosterNash

I recall that leak, but I was hoping it would be a passing phase in the development process. Still, the more I think about it, the happier I am with the discovery. My main reason is that now we can focus on other developmental aspects of the game, as the class-cat is out of the BWag.

Agreed

Also I'd like to point out, even if you don't like these two classes, you still have the other 6 you have liked so far. This to me is a wonderful thing. Every MMO I have played in the past has only had one or two classes to actually stick out to me.

Yeah, I know. I do like the other 6. But I've never been against a caster class, so I've adjusted to the change, and all 8 are great. And I've only ever liked a few classes from every other MMO I've played. Usually: the rogues, rangers, and healing classes have been my 3 choices.

And despite any criticism that others may have (especially people who think that "up yours" is a mature opinion, or even an opinion at all), this game will easily nab 500+ subs.

My initial reaction was basically being wrong for the first time since the announcement of TOR.

THE Rooster Nash

• NikopolNikopol Member UncommonPosts: 626

Can't say I'm disappointed, now one of my first 3 classes can actually be a force user. :) 

That'd be Jedi Consular, of course - I actually like the fact that he is more of a ranged support character rather than a lightsaber fighter extraordinaire. Though there are a couple of things I'm hoping as to how this class works. First, I'm hoping the healer path will be something other than a standard "stand back and spam heals" affair. And second, I'm hoping the other path will be just as useful and wanted in a group setting.

The SI is just not my cup of caf, Monty Python jokes or no...

Yeah, I know. I do like the other 6. But I've never been against a caster class, so I've adjusted to the change, and all 8 are great. And I've only ever liked a few classes from every other MMO I've played. Usually: the rogues, rangers, and healing classes have been my 3 choices.
    And despite any criticism that others may have (especially people who think that "up yours" is a mature opinion, or even an opinion at all), this game will easily nab 500+ subs.
    My initial reaction was basically being wrong for the first time since the announcement of TOR.

I was not sure what to expect, this was a bit of a shock. I knew it would be support but I was thinking technology type support  (my shield wall idea) I guess we should have read between the lines, Sith "Warrior" and "Star Wars the old republic will be a Traditional MMO". You may not agree but I always seen Star Wars more of a Space Fantasy instead of Sci-fi. So casterish classes is not a big deal to me. Plus in the skills listed the SI has the ability sabrestrike, so it's not like they're a full blown mage.

• WarjinWarjin Member UncommonPosts: 1,216

On the one hand, this discovery is very disappointing. But then I see that every class will have to choose between two different routes to take. So, with that, I'm hoping that I can have a melee Agent!!! Also, it helps me to understand why they went this direction with two more force-using classes. But, it's going to be a pretty jagged pill for people on the fence to swallow. I've still got my faith sown deep into this. Maybe too deep now. I'm going on a sabotical. I'll be back to talk about TOR near release.
    Nice find though, greed!  Also, you were right about the last two being support classes. At least, they seem like they'll be support-based. A healing class. I have to admit, from what I had read from BW so far, I didn't see it coming. Or, rather, I had hoped we would venture into CC-based mechanics and more methodical gameplay, but I'm adult enough to say I was way off the mark there.

Indeed, some people are going to find this a bad move. BioWare can't make everybody happy though. The Star Wars IP is very tricky  to navigate when it comes to an MMO.

The way I see it.

Warrior - SW/JK

Ranger - TR/BH

Rogue - IA/SM

Wizard - SI/JC      Edit:Paladin/Deathknight with Nuking.

I don't look at it as 4 FU (force users), I look at it the way I have it listed above. Also note that the SW and JK are listed as Melee Centric, those that were wanting a caster class can now be happy, two of my friends have found this to be a great move, they both play nuker and healer classes in other MMOs, they are now off the fence and standing with most of the guild waiting for release day.

To answer your edit, there was a leak a bit back in one of the videos where on the screen you could see "Jedi Wizard" or something of the sort. It's been speculated for awhile if it truly said "Wizard" I didn't care to speculate because it seemed to blurry for me to actually make a guess on. Aparently the person to have found this was 100% spot on.

I'm calling It now those classes will be the OP ones and will hear lots of crys for nerfs

• whpshwhpsh Member Posts: 199

I'm pretty disappointed. I too was looking for something unique, not a star wars skinned WoW.

I guess I don't understand why Counselor/Inquisitor couldn't have been a tree in Jedi/Sith? They've got the dps base set in the agent/smuggler.

Now it really is going to be glowbat central. Should've just gone ahead and made all the classes jedi. Why no medic? Or Officer? Or how about Technician? They're always trying to hotwire something in the movies.

Would've been nice to see them push the envelope a little.

• BaronJuJuBaronJuJu Member UncommonPosts: 1,832

Great find Greed. The last two classes were definitely a total surprise to me, I'm still looking forward to getting involved with this game.

BTW, I added this to the Information sticky up top.

"If we don't attack them, they will attack us first. So we'd better retaliate before they have a chance to strike"

• RavingRabbidRavingRabbid Member UncommonPosts: 1,168

TY for the post OP! I still find it odd that they have 2 force using classes  on each side with so many  possibilities out there.

(AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH goes back in time and engages Darth Bane in lightsaber to plunger combat!)

All my opinions are just that..opinions. If you like my opinions..coolness.If you dont like my opinion....I really dont care.
    Playing: ESO, WOT, Smite, and Marvel Heroes