Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Gameplay Suggestions Requested

ScarisScaris Member UncommonPosts: 5,332

Ok, I know there are still a few SWG players out there. I picked up the box set last night and my Station Pass kicks in on the 4th. I have played the trial twice now so I have alittle idea of the skill trees. Unfortunately I think that makes it worse then not knowing at all. I have seen some really cool classes and I also know other classes are fairly gimped at the moment.

a few classes I am interested in:

Teras Kasi artist
Creature Handler

I would like some serious input on these 2 professions and some ideas on what skill paths I should follow with them. Also what would be the best tradeskill trees to take with each, I would like to be able to keep myself in alot of my own craftables and them to be useful to me. Other suggestions on professions would be appreciated as well keeping in my first 2 choices there. I had a carbineer before, never got him far but I did like him. I had a brawler as well good with staff that I enjoyed. I also find the medical aspect of the game interesting to me.

Also, I have no server preference, I would prefer to be with mostly roleplayers however. If any of you don't mind a very casual gamer hanging around let me know, I can start on that server.

Thanks in advance,

- Fadeus Hawkwood

- Scaris

"What happened to you, Star Wars Galaxies? You used to look like Leia. Not quite gold bikini Leia (more like bad-British-accent-and-cinnamon-bun-hair Leia), but still Leia nonetheless. Now you look like Chewbacca." - Computer Gaming World

Comments

• ScarisScaris Member UncommonPosts: 5,332

bump

This thing is getting burried before it ever has a chance to be read.

- Fadeus Hawkwood

- Scaris

"What happened to you, Star Wars Galaxies? You used to look like Leia. Not quite gold bikini Leia (more like bad-British-accent-and-cinnamon-bun-hair Leia), but still Leia nonetheless. Now you look like Chewbacca." - Computer Gaming World

• JodokaiJodokai Member Posts: 1,621

Right now Teras Kasi is probably the strongest single combat profession in the game. If two people only mastered 1 combat profession one picked TKM (Teras Kasi Master) the other picked every other combat class one at a time. I would be TKM would come out on top every time (assuming skill of players and everything else were equal) They also have the benefit of being able to heal their own wounds, and a small self-buff.

The downside to TKM is getting there. Getting Brawler I-IV and then to Novice TKA (Teras Kasi Artist) is probably the biggest pain in the butt I've ever been through (3 times) Once you get Novice though, you can master it in no time.

CH is probably my all time favorite profession. It's horriblly gimped in PvP and takes a long time to master (assuming no AFK macro'ing) but I loved it. I also (pure speculation) think that CH's are going to be more in demand after the combat reblance. Right now you don't need a tank since you can buff yourself beyond anything in PvE can even touch and the armour is ridiculouly effective. Afterwards though, people may need a tank, which is where the CH shines.

Now a sort of problem with combining these two , is sometimes it's hard to control your pet while in melee combat. I've found it's easier to use a ranged attack with pets.

sweet, I seriously think I am going to go tk. is there a single path through the brawler tree to get TK? do I want to take anything besides just tk with it, medic or something?

- Fadeus Hawkwood

- Scaris

• TheTemplarTheTemplar Member UncommonPosts: 37

Originally posted by Fadeus
    sweet, I seriously think I am going to go tk. is there a single path through the brawler tree to get TK? do I want to take anything besides just tk with it, medic or something?
    - Fadeus Hawkwood

I think it's popular to take novice medic and perhaps a few levels of the First Aid branch. Then buy high end stim-b packs. It can be a savior if you are solo:ing harder mobs. However in PvP I'm guessing it's quite useless.
    TKA has the meditate skill which makes wound healing etc, unnecessary.

Sweet, I will keep that in mind, Thanks for your input.

- Fadeus Hawkwood

- Scaris

• ErillionErillion Member EpicPosts: 10,297

May I invite you to Naritus ?

Pros:

One of the gurus of the CH profession lives there (Buboopadoo in game, Spazzers on the SWG forum). He is also in a roleplaying guild that is called the HOBOs (drunken, filthy beggars with some mad scientists amongst their ranks, living in a vavella cardboard city outside Mos Entha). Their pub CRAWLS (from starports to cantina and back, licking boots and begging for brandy) are LEGEND. Sticking DNA sampling needles into the backsides of the most intimidating monsters is just the brain fried thing to do for a mad HOBO.

Of course you could also join my own guild YCS (in game name : Novarider). We are a crime syndicate open to all factions.

Naritus has one of the best communities of all the servers.

Naritus has avoided almost all the mayor exploits, credit dupings, crafter tricks (mostly by choice of the player base) .. which results in a NON inflated economy. Its also home of the Bounty Hunter Guild (working player bounties !) .. which means our BHs are above average and keep the Jedi population very much in check compared to other servers (no Jedi gank squads, as the Force Hunters (BH guild) would descent on them in a moment).  

Cons:

Naritus is NOT one of the unofficial roleplaying servers (check out the roleplaying forum of the SWG board) and if you look for GENERAL roleplaying serverwide 1-2 other servers have more of it.

Naritus has a medium population compared to Bria.

About TKA ... many I know complement it with dodge from fencer and protection against states + medic/doc for healing/self-buffing/res. Its the anti-Jedi profession. You have to expect some nerf with the combat upgrade in summer. There are many working templates to be found in the TKA profession part of the SWG forum.On the other hand you can expect to get more love as a CH with that patch.

Have fun

Erillion

heck yes, I would love that. Hmmm, I may have to make a creature handler there if you have that other fellow that can lendme advice and a guild always sounds fun. Just as long as you don't mind a non frequent player I would love it.

- Fadeus Hawkwood

- Scaris

I rolled up a stock scout on your server. His name is Jarka Sadar. The crime thing sounds sweet, let me know, will be playing abit today and then later this weekend.

- Fadeus Hawkwood

- Scaris

• JohnarkJohnark Member Posts: 901

Well, CH is fun to play.  It gets really interesting when you can start to own a Kimogila Dragon or a Rancor.  Calling out huge pets is amazing!  Or having 3 cat-like pets following you around really makes you feel like a Master Creature Handler.

Problem is, CH is useless in PVP since everyone in PVP wears 80% kinetic resistance armor, and creatures only deal Kinetic damage!  So when your creature is only harming players at 20% of their potential damage, they are useless.  Even with 3 Gurcats called out, they still suck.

PVE CH is useful at the beginning.  It'll help you out against creatures since your pets take the damage while they tank, so you can easily grind any Marksman profession by shooting at them from a distance.

The big flaw with SWG is that tamed creatures from the wild have been so badly nerfed, they are kinda crappy in combat.  Bio-Engineered creatures are much better!  They have resistances to several kinds of damage, they will have special abilities like KnockDown. Poison, Disease, etc... but then you gotta ask yourself this: Why pay money for a Bio-Engineered Creature that will become absolete as you gain CH skills and are forced to change creature every couple skill boxes, when you can invest your money into a good set of Ubese or Composite Armor?

By making yourself as the tank with Armor and Doctor Buffs, you save on Skill Points to do another profession like Medic or even a crafting profession.

CH has become a very Roleplaying profession, because there are better, faster and cheaper ways to deal with Combat Professions.

And well for Teras Kasi.  It's one of my favorite professions, not cause it's the most powerful (cause it ain't), but because Martial Arts KICK @SS, the attack animations of TKA are so well done, and let's not forget the Meditationo Tree!  God I love Meditation!  You will never have to see a Doctor to heal your wounds ever again and you will only watch Dancers to heal your Battle Fatigue and not your Mind Wounds.

But hey, UnarmedHit3 (AKA: The spinny attack) is my favorite attack in all SWG professions!  Get a Doctor Buff, drink some brandy and spam /unarmedhit3 non-stop... your character will spin over and over and over again beating the living crap out of your enemies and it just looks cool!

Plus people in SWG have established a fashion trend for TKAs!  Even as a guy, wearing a nice skirt or robe, topless (or Ubese Shirt) makes you look cool as a TKA!  To make yourself even nicer, wear Ubese Bracers!

That's how my TKA looked like.  Black Modest Skirt, Black Ubese Shirt, Black Ubese Bracers, Black Sandals!  OH YEAH!  I'll even ocasionally wear a black Sunguard to make myself look even more asian-culture looking.

___________ ___ __ _ _ _
    Stealth - Ambush - Hemorrhage - Sinister Strike x2 - Cold Blood - Eviscerate - Vanish - Preparation - Cold Blood - Ambush - ... you're dead! :P

• JodokaiJodokai Member Posts: 1,621

You will frequently hear most of the TKA's try to downplay their abilities. I think it started because they were afraid of a nerf, now they've repeated themselves so many times I think they're starting to believe it.

I'll say this: I'm a TKM and you choose any other combat profession you want, and we'll both get the same buffs, same armor and same food, and I'll bet I beat you 8 out of 10 times and I'm not that good at PvP.

• ErillionErillion Member EpicPosts: 10,297

No luck seeing you online.

Have transferred some cash to "Jarka" and sent you a mail to contact me.

Have fun

Novarider

I was playing my brawler, sorry about that, I can't recall what server he is on. I appreciate the cash, not neccasary, but very appreciated. I have him in theed atm, alittle lost on how to start. I will follow up the rest of this in private message, thanx Erillion.

- Scaris