Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Final two classes with translation.

Jedi-Conslur:

"Class number 7 is the Jedi-Consular. Other than the a few weeks ago revealed Jedi-Knight the Consular is not found in the first frontline. Though he can handle the lightsaber, the Consular also masters a few different long-range combat abilities such as "Sleep", "Lift" or "Smash". The class can for once be played offensively on damage oriented or specialize in healing. Therewith the Jedi-Consular is a really powerful supporter-class in The Old Republic.

Abilities:

Sleep

Lift

Smash

Force Push

Reflect"

The jedi consular will have some offensive abilities however will be mainly a defensive class, it will have abilities such as sleep, raise, smashing, force push and reflecting. The jedi consular can be used as a full healer class or a debuffer/ranged dps. "Though he can handle a lightsaber, the Consular also masters a few different long-range combat abilities such as "Sleep," "Lift", "force push," "Smash," or "reflect."

The jedi consular is an extremely powerful support class in The Old Republic not to be found in the front line of the battlefield, don't get me wrong however, the jedi consular can also handle a lightsaber well enough to defend himself while using his abilities to escape and retreat (presumably force speed) to use more powerful abilities of which cannot be interrupted.

____________________________________________________________________________________________________

Sith-Inquisitor:

The Sith Inquisitor is the last of the totally eight character-classes, that will be at the ready with the launch of SWTOR. The Inquisitor is the counterpart of the Consular and also a fighter in the second ow. Suited with force-abilities as "shock" or "lightning-stroke" he can fire his enemies up, as we were able to convince ourselves during a thorough gaming session.One quest sent us into an old Sith grave, with swarms of huge killer-worms (K'lor'slug Ravager) and deserted Imperials running around. With the aid of the area-of-effect skill "Overload", that can not only damage nearby enemies, but also knock them down a stun for a few seconds, we quickly killed the brood.

Abilities:

Sabrestrike

Shock

Execute

Overload

Lightning Stroke

Whirlwind

Dark Gift

Call Ferry

Dark Meditation

The Sith Inquisitor is the last of the total eight character-classes, that will be at the ready with the launch of SWTOR. The Inquisitor is the counterpart of the Consular and also a fighter in the second row. Suited with force-abilities as "shock" or "lightning-stroke" he can use powerful force powers at his disposal, as we were able play the game ourselves during a thorough gaming session.One quest sent us into an old Sith grave, with swarms of huge killer-worms (K'lor'slug Ravager) and deserted Imperials

running around.

With the aid of the area-of-effect skill "Overload", that can not only damage nearby enemies, but also knock them down and stun for a few seconds. Much like the Jedi Counsular, the Sith Inquisitor is an extremely powerful support class and is a force to be reckoned with. We quickly ended their lives.

The Sith inquisitor is the counterpart of the Jedi Consular, however, the Sith Inquisitor has abilities such as Saber blow, shock, Execution, Overload, Flash Discharge, Turbulant winds, dark gift, and Dark Meditation which is similar to the sith warriors channel hate ability (however it would most likely increase force powers other than combat powers).

(I have been saying the last two classes were going to be some form of heavy support)

____________________________________________________________________________________________________

More about the SI story.

At Electronic arts in the in-house exhibition winter showcase 2009, we got to play hands on the sith inquisitor.

and this is what we have experienced:

Planet Korriban - Place:

Valley of the dark lords

Quest giver: Warden Harkun

With 3 other Sith Acolytes, We stand infront of the quest giver Warden Harkun then Garv, One of the Acolytes, Miserably failed in his last mission and now has to pay the price for that: Infront of our eyes, a henchman of Harkun executes Garv. This should be a warning to us said Warden Harkun and then sends us to a dangerous mission. At the grave site of the dark lord Tulak Hord, We were supposed to meet the imperial agent Ephran Zell.

Ephran is a strange and nervous type who wants to make the Ominous "Red Machine" working. A gigantic and underground device that should help him gain power. (Energy we assume).

The Incapable Ephran has been searching for a solution to the problem for a long time and requires our assistance now. The Machine needs fuel to work(intelligent) and this consists of hate and blood of 3 K'lor'slug devastators - a kind of gigantic worms with arms and claws -,

which inhabits the grave site.

On the Way to Ephran, we are stopped by the inquisitor Urinth, a leader of the sith secret service. (lol) She offers us another mission which we are supposed to complete as soon as possible, at best before doing what Harkun told us to do.

Urinths mission consists of getting the trust of one of the imprisoned jedi, The Quarian Dorgis. We should gain his trust by helping him to escape. Fat with wrong information, she wants him to escape to the front lines of the republic so that their forces gets trapped.

We accept the mission but decide to queue it behind the mission that we already have.

First, we move to the grave site of Tulak Hord who reigned in the early days of the sith empire and who always wore a frightening black mask.

besides the giant worms, there are also some traitorous shadows in the shadows of the caves: Renegade sith and Refuges as well as Manipulated mining droids but those fools can't stop awesome sith like us (it really says that)

With the ability of "Overload" we launch at them and our Sith Inquisitor loudly smashes into the ground and lightning breaks out in all directions and let the enemies drop to the ground like marinettes who's strings are cut.

We finished them badly wounded with some lightsaber blows and lightning.

Using the Key "M" we summon the Overview map of the area in which we are currently in.

While a yellow Arrow is displaying our position green ones are indicating the directions we have to go to.

Yellow circles mark Quest-Targets.

Guided by this we quickly make it through the many corridors of the graveside, which sides are decorated with creepy sith statues.

At the three destinations we steal text plates with ancient sith inscription for the Warden Harkun.

Of course worms and renegades want to hinder us but they fall over like flies.(w00t)

Incidentally there's the Bonus-Quest "Set an example" for which eight of the Sith renegades have to die.

In the end we activate the red machine.

Noticing by the activity, K'lor'slug destroyers streams towards us for their own massacre. (or whatever)

Our inquisitor gracefully wields his lightsaber blade from one monster to the next.

After three of them rest in their own blood the machine is satisfied and reveals its last secret.

With the scrolls in one hand and the lightsaber in the other one we fight our way back to Ephran Zell.

He is enthusiastic when he eventually holds the scrolls in his hands.

We are tempted to wrench them from him right again - if needed by force.

We are not full-value members of the empire yet, but not more than a slave who has to proof himself to his master.

We are starting the journey to Warden Harkon for reporting him about the mission success when we are stopped again.

Lady Zash, a high ((I bet XD)) Sith, waves us nearer for a conversation.

The Jedi-Holocron, a library cube, which projects three-dimensional pictures and capable of saving huge quantities of data, has revealed its secret thanks to our help.

She is impressed and asks how a low Sith-Member like us could accomplish such a task.

Our answer even surprises the hardened Sith-Lady a bit: "It was way too easy. I only needed to offer seven sacrifices and to devour their hearts." (joke?)

In consideration of our recklessness and devotion she chooses us to be her apprentice.

Warden Harkon is upset due to our delay. "Where have you been that long, slave?" he asks with threatening voice.

We report him from our success and our encounter with Lady Zash

Instead of being deeply impressed he just boldy laughs in our face: "A Sith like Zash would crush you like vermin if she met you!

We better should move and hurry to the Training-Master as he awaits us

We then also ask if we will meet Harkon's henchman there. The Warden starts to seem resentful.

A Sith acolyte like his personal apprentice is a born warrior and superior to us in every way.

We like to have a challenge and walk of with the words "I never fail"

With this words ended our adventure... for now.

All class forums are now up and running with new avatars.

JC: swtor.com/community/forumdisplay.php

SI: swtor.com/community/forumdisplay.php

UPDATE

Here is the interview in full length

PCGames: You revealed the last three classes in a short time frame, we didnt expect that. Why did you do that?

James Ohlen: Because we're crazy (lol). Its just a part of the plan that we want our players to know which choice they have when the game is out. [names all availible classes]

PCGames: Whats the main difference between jedi-knight and jedi-consular / sith-warrior and sith-inquisitor?

James Ohlen: The jedi knight is a warrior, whose abilities are all based on lightsaber melee combat. The consular on the other hand is a supporter. He stands in the background and tries to deal damage from there or to crowd control enemies. As an example, he can lift them up into the air to smash them on the ground afterwards or just to throw them around.

PCGames: So you are bound with your class choice to one specific gameplay style? Or are there ways to play your class differently?

James Ohlen: All classes in SW:TOR can move into another direction from one point in the game. So you can chose between two different ways: One of these ways as a consular is to heal. If you want to play an old-fashioned healer class, the consular is your choice. Of course you don’t have to go that way, but as an consular you have the option to do that.

PCGames: Is it possible that you can chose more than these two ways?

James Ohlen: No. We decided for two different ways per class. Every class has to make this choice.

PCGames: How can you decide for one on of the two ways? Like in WoW via talentpoints interface?

James Ohlen: I can’t comment on that right now. But you have to make this decision on one specific point in the story and afterwards there are more options you can chose.

PCGames: Will this influence the story?

James Ohlen: Not really, maybe just a little bit. Obviously it makes a big difference in combat and gameplay style.

Second part:

James Ohlen: The player can chose from a variety of campanions, but only pick one. By the way: Every class can do that, not just the sith-inquisitor.

PCGames: Everyclass will have companions?

James Ohlen: Yes, and you can do anything with them.

PCGames: Really? Ok, thats typical for a Bioware Game.

James Ohlen: (lol) But its Star Wars, so there wont be Sex Scenes like in Mass Effect

PCGames: Does your companion levelup at the same time as your character?

James Ohlen: Yes, he will also levelup. In addition, you can do cool stuff with him. You may equip him with different equipment for an example. There are no companion specific quest lines but he will gain new abilities and grow stronger as he gains higher levels.

PCGames: Can I decide which abilities he will learn and spent his talent points for him?

James Ohlen: No. As we created the companion system we thought about two different ways to dot that. The first one was the complete control over all abilities, talents etc through the player. But its not like you own your companion. Hes more like a friend who follows the player character on his adventures. But as the story of TOR develops, you can manipulate your companion. If he is an easy to manipulate kind of person, he may join the dark side depending on your decisions. Ofc you can do the same thing on the republic side.

PCGames: Just about every star wars fan has read the official web comics about star wars tor. Many things, which you showed in these comics, were presented as a game-feature after that. On of these comics features was a droid companion for one of the jedi. Will there be droid companions?

James Ohlen: Yes, we have this droid in the game. But i wont tell you which class will have him (lol). The trailer, that we already published, shows a character who points for maybe 1-2 seconds at his droid. So take another close look at this trailer (lol)

PCGames: Isnt it hard to balance this game, so the Force User Classes arent more powerful than the rest?

James Ohlen: That was one of our first concerns as we developed the different classes. Half of our classes are based on the force. But in the movies we have also strong non-force character, as jango fett. And on the other side little jedi boys like luke skywalker, who in the beginning seems more lucky than skilled. In addition the bounty hunter has a variety of technical gadgets, which helps in combat. They can manage it to hold the jedi on distance and then fight him.

PCGames: Ok, bounty hunter like boba fett are one thing, but what about common smugglers?

James Ohlen: Smuggler and Troopers depend on their traps and the ability to ambush their enemies. So a smuggler could never win in melee combat against a jedi if he doesnt use his additionals abilities. The imperial agent for an example uses his sniper rifle as he is hiding and taking cover.

PCGames: Has George Lucas ever played this game?

James Ohlen: Yes, of course! Whenever we getting feedback from lucas arts, georges opinion is represented too. We went to the skywalker ranch once and presented him our project. The ultimative highlight was his archive where he keeps countless stuff from the old movies

Comments

• SwaneaSwanea Member UncommonPosts: 2,401

Great Stuff!

• greed0104greed0104 Member Posts: 2,134

Updated

• IbluerateIbluerate Member Posts: 256

I just went Sith.

Playing: World Of Warcraft
    Resting From: Nothing
    Retired: EQ2, CoH, Tabula Rasa, SWG, Warhammer, AoC
    Waiting For: SWTOR, APB
    Love(d): Tabula Rasa, SWG, World Of Warcraft, Age of Conan

• VarnyVarny Member Posts: 765

Disappointed really I wanted something like Creature Handler and TKM

Already a Jedi and a Sith so why do we need two more? Just shows to me there will be little class customization.

Originally posted by Varny

Already a Jedi and a Sith so why do we need two more? Just shows to me there will be little class customization.

I guess, Nobody expected the Sith Inquisition!

Some people like the caster archetypes. This will give them the opportunity to select a class they can enjoy. Replace the name "Jedi Consular" with "Priest" or "Cleric" and you would have the same effect. Some people are upset because it's another force user. But BioWare has displayed these are just that, FORCE users. While JK and SW will focus primarily on saber combat.

I wouldn't mark Creature Handler out just yet. If you check the update, everybody will have an option to follow one of two paths, once you choose there is NO going back, so either l2play or restart. I could see some form of beast control for the Consular or Inquisitor. But don't take my word for it, good chance I could be wrong.

• Fenix424Fenix424 Member Posts: 2

Thank you for the post Greed. I do believe I'll be heading towards Sith now when it comes out. Also, nice signature.

• RoosterNashRoosterNash Member Posts: 283

On the one hand, this discovery is very disappointing. But then I see that every class will have to choose between two different routes to take. So, with that, I'm hoping that I can have a melee Agent!!! Also, it helps me to understand why they went this direction with two more force-using classes. But, it's going to be a pretty jagged pill for people on the fence to swallow. I've still got my faith sown deep into this. Maybe too deep now. I'm going on a sabotical. I'll be back to talk about TOR near release.

Nice find though, greed! Also, you were right about the last two being support classes. At least, they seem like they'll be support-based. A healing class. I have to admit, from what I had read from BW so far, I didn't see it coming. Or, rather, I had hoped we would venture into CC-based mechanics and more methodical gameplay, but I'm adult enough to say I was way off the mark there.

THE Rooster Nash

• VaedurVaedur Member Posts: 430

Everyone wants to be a sith, lol your all gonna gank my smuggler self huh?

Originally posted by Vaedur

lol, I think us non-force-users will do just fine man... we'll just have to be that much better I guess.

There are those who prefer the "I-WIN" button, and those who prefer the "I-PWN" button, which are very dissimilar. With the "I-win" button, no real challenge is needed. With the "I-pwn", every moment is a challenge, but that makes killing "I-win's" all-the-more thrilling and glorious.

THE Rooster Nash

Originally posted by RoosterNash

On the one hand, this discovery is very disappointing. But then I see that every class will have to choose between two different routes to take. So, with that, I'm hoping that I can have a melee Agent!!! Also, it helps me to understand why they went this direction with two more force-using classes. But, it's going to be a pretty jagged pill for people on the fence to swallow. I've still got my faith sown deep into this. Maybe too deep now. I'm going on a sabotical. I'll be back to talk about TOR near release.
    Nice find though, greed!  Also, you were right about the last two being support classes. At least, they seem like they'll be support-based. A healing class. I have to admit, from what I had read from BW so far, I didn't see it coming. Or, rather, I had hoped we would venture into CC-based mechanics and more methodical gameplay, but I'm adult enough to say I was way off the mark there.

Indeed, some people are going to find this a bad move. BioWare can't make everybody happy though. The Star Wars IP is very tricky  to navigate when it comes to an MMO.

The way I see it.

Warrior - SW/JK

Ranger - TR/BH

Rogue - IA/SM

Wizard - SI/JC

I don't look at it as 4 FU (force users), I look at it the way I have it listed above. Also note that the SW and JK are listed as Melee Centric, those that were wanting a caster class can now be happy, two of my friends have found this to be a great move, they both play nuker and healer classes in other MMOs, they are now off the fence and standing with most of the guild waiting for release day.

To answer your edit, there was a leak a bit back in one of the videos where on the screen you could see "Jedi Wizard" or something of the sort. It's been speculated for awhile if it truly said "Wizard" I didn't care to speculate because it seemed to blurry for me to actually make a guess on. Aparently the person to have found this was 100% spot on.

• ArezonArezon Member UncommonPosts: 282

It's ok. I'll be there to protect you :)

I'm still set on playing IA as my main. Of course this would change if Bounty Hunters can take on player bounties.

Originally posted by greed0104

Indeed, some people are going to find this a bad move. BioWare can't make everybody happy though. The Star Wars IP is very tricky  to navigate when it comes to an MMO.
    The way I see it.
    Warrior - SW/JK
    Ranger - TR/BH
    Rogue - IA/SM
    Wizard - SI/JC
    I don't look at it as 4 FU (force users), I look at it the way I have it listed above. Also note that the SW and JK are listed as Melee Centric, those that were wanting a caster class can now be happy, two of my friends have found this to be a great move, they both play nuker and healer classes in other MMOs, they are now off the fence and standing with most of the guild waiting for release day.
     To answer your edit, there was a leak a bit back in one of the videos where on the screen you could see "Jedi Wizard" or something of the sort. It's been speculated for awhile if it truly said "Wizard" I didn't care to speculate because it seemed to blurry for me to actually make a guess on. Aparently the person to have found this was 100% spot on.

I recall that leak, but I was hoping it would be a passing phase in the development process. Still, the more I think about it, the happier I am with the discovery. My main reason is that now we can focus on other developmental aspects of the game, as the class-cat is out of the BWag.

THE Rooster Nash

• DeaconXDeaconX Member UncommonPosts: 3,062

Whoops I'm so sick I totally missed this thread.  Good stuff for posting.

Why do I write, create, fantasize, dream and daydream about other worlds? Because I hate what humanity does with this one.

BOYCOTTING EA / ORIGIN going forward.

Originally posted by DeaconX

Whoops I'm so sick I totally missed this thread.  Good stuff for posting.

Keep yours alive though, this one is more about information, yours is more direct to ask others opinions.

Originally posted by RoosterNash

The way I see it.
    Warrior - SW/JK
    Ranger - TR/BH
    Rogue - IA/SM
    Wizard - SI/JC

I recall that leak, but I was hoping it would be a passing phase in the development process. Still, the more I think about it, the happier I am with the discovery. My main reason is that now we can focus on other developmental aspects of the game, as the class-cat is out of the BWag.

Agreed

Also I'd like to point out, even if you don't like these two classes, you still have the other 6 you have liked so far. This to me is a wonderful thing. Every MMO I have played in the past has only had one or two classes to actually stick out to me.

• miked9022miked9022 Member UncommonPosts: 91

awesome find. im so psyched for this game to come out already

• MikeBMikeB Community ManagerAdministrator RarePosts: 6,555

Would be so awesome if you guys tipped us off to this stuff you know! :) 

TIP BOX (on the right)!

Originally posted by MikeB

TIP BOX (on the right)!

I've done it a few times in the past, but the info I've submitted never found its way to the news board. : /

• MikeBMikeB Community ManagerAdministrator RarePosts: 6,555

Originally posted by MikeB

TIP BOX (on the right)!

I've done it a few times in the past, but the info I've submitted never found its way to the news board. : /

I just got your tip for this thread, so if it wasn't working then, it is working now. :) I'll be sure to credit you, thanks! Please send me an e-mail at [email protected] with the tips you submitted (if you remember them) so I can check to see if I missed them. 

The last few tips I have submitted were from a few months ago. Maybe something is up with my internet if you just now got my tip submission.

/shrug

Updated, class forums up, avatars displayed. Check the first post.

• ElikalElikal Member UncommonPosts: 7,912

Originally posted by Varny

I guess, Nobody expected the Sith Inquisition!

Some people like the caster archetypes. This will give them the opportunity to select a class they can enjoy. Replace the name "Jedi Consular" with "Priest" or "Cleric" and you would have the same effect. Some people are upset because it's another force user. But BioWare has displayed these are just that, FORCE users. While JK and SW will focus primarily on saber combat.

I wouldn't mark Creature Handler out just yet. If you check the update, everybody will have an option to follow one of two paths, once you choose there is NO going back, so either l2play or restart. I could see some form of beast control for the Consular or Inquisitor. But don't take my word for it, good chance I could be wrong.

I Lol'ed out so loud, my neighbors prolly though I am mad. "Nobody expects the Sith Inquisition!" :D

hahaha ^^

People don't ask questions to get answers - they ask questions to show how smart they are. - Dogbert

• DanubusDanubus Member Posts: 169

I was always going to play Sith, but I might make this class my main instead of the warrior.

Originally posted by Elikal

I Lol'ed out so loud, my neighbors prolly though I am mad. "Nobody expects the Sith Inquisition!" :D
    hahaha ^^

Glad you enjoyed it : )

Also I have updated it, again, the first post now includes the entire interview from the magazine. Most of the translation has been corrected.