Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Last two classes to be revealed tomorrow by German PC Gamer

http://www.swtor.com/community/forumdisplay.php?f=8

That's the thread on the official forums.

Source of Magazine: http://www.swtor-station.com/index.php?p=news&newsid=215

Damn, MMORPG.com said December 3rd. Why so behind!?

Comments

• tryklontryklon Member UncommonPosts: 1,370

I think that, more important than the classes will be the customization of those classes, and how different we may become from the other players using the same class as us.

I'm really looking forward to some major disclosure about the possibilities of paths inside each of the classes.

Oh, and races, start speaking about races and racial traits already =P

• TypeOneTypeOne Member Posts: 8

I agree. The waiting is killing me. I am big on customization, so I can't wait to see how being the same class, we can differentiate from other players. I so hope we can customize the way we hold a saber or blaster. That is so overlooked, but can really make the player feel unique.

On topic: I hope they go into details about the classes and not just how they look fighting on a demo. Also, I wouldn't mind if they were straight force user classes with no lightsaber; if it was some sort of caster type.

• FikusOfAhaziFikusOfAhazi Member Posts: 1,835
    Originally posted by TypeOne

I agree. The waiting is killing me. I am big on customization, so I can't wait to see how being the same class, we can differentiate from other players. I so hope we can customize the way we hold a saber or blaster. That is so overlooked, but can really make the player feel unique.
    On topic: I hope they go into details about the classes and not just how they look fighting on a demo. Also, I wouldn't mind if they were straight force user classes with no lightsaber; if it was some sort of caster type.

That's an awesome little detail! Never thought about that. Great idea!

See you in the dream..
    The Fires from heaven, now as cold as ice. A rapid ascension tolls a heavy price.

• greed0104greed0104 Member Posts: 2,134

The last two have been announced. Here is the translation from the magazine.

-Jedi Consular-

Class number 7 is the Jedi-Consular. Other than the previously revealed Jedi-Knight, the Consular is not found in the first frontline.

The jedi consular will have some offensive abilities however will be mainly a defensive class, it will have abilities such as sleep, raise, smashing, force push and reflecting. The jedi consular can be used as a full healer class or a debuffer. "Though he can handle a lightsaber, the Consular also masters a few different long-range combat abilities such as "Sleep," "Lift", "force push," "Smash," or "reflect."

The jedi consular is an extremely powerful support class in The Old Republic not to be found in the front line of the battlefield, don't get me wrong however, the jedi consular can also handle a lightsaber well enough to defend himself while using his abilities to escape and retreat (presumably force speed) to use more powerful abilities of which cannot be interrupted.

-Sith Inquisitor-

The Sith Inquisitor is the last of the total eight character-classes, that will be at the ready with the launch of SWTOR. The Inquisitor is the counterpart of the Consular and also a fighter in the second row. Suited with force-abilities as "shock" or "lightning-stroke" he can use powerful force powers at his disposal, as we were able play the game ourselves during a thorough gaming session.One quest sent us into an old Sith grave, with swarms of huge killer-worms (K'lor'slug Ravager) and deserted Imperials

running around.

With the aid of the area-of-effect skill "Overload", that can not only damage nearby enemies, but also knock them down and stun for a few seconds. Much like the Jedi Counsular, the Sith Inquisitor is an extremely powerful support class and is a force to be reckoned with. We quickly ended their lives.

The Sith inquisitor is the counterpart of the Jedi Consular, however, the Sith Inquisitor has abilities such as Saber blow, shock, Execution, Overload, Flash Discharge, Turbulant winds, dark gift, and Dark Meditation which is similar to the sith warriors channel hate ability (however it would most likely increase force powers other than combat powers).

____________________________________________________________________________________________________

"Extremely powerful support class". I called heavy support awhile back : )

• Toquio3Toquio3 Member Posts: 1,074

they sound great and the concept art looks great. for a altoholic like me, this is shaping up nicely.

If you stand VERY still, and close your eyes, after a minute you can actually FEEL the universe revolving around PvP.