Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

PvP vs. PvE Realm?

Ok I've played on Zul'jin (PvE) since vanilla days, but I enjoy PvP encounters more than anything else in the game.  I'm considering moving an 80 to a PvP realm.  Anyone care to give opinions about PvE realms vs. PvP?  Are the PvP realms just constant ganking or is there some kind of logic/chivalry to it?  Any recommendations for a good PvP realm?  (I'd just jump in and start leveling, but I really don't care to level more toons until maybe cataclysm.)  I always imagined that BC must have been a bloody mess on PvP realms when the gate opened...probably fun if you don't mind quests taking longer due to frequent corpse runs.  I'm thinking I might enjoy starting cataclysm on a PvP realm to see how that goes.

Comments

• Toquio3Toquio3 Member Posts: 1,074

from what a friend once told me, there is actually less ganking on a pvp server then on pve ones.

If you stand VERY still, and close your eyes, after a minute you can actually FEEL the universe revolving around PvP.

• ThenariusThenarius Member Posts: 1,106

On a RPPVP server I used to play, people were having world PvP events made possible by realm forums(It even had a proper forum on a domain). There was also a lot of drama, e-peen flexing and other stuff. If you're playing on EU servers, I suggest you Ravenholdt. It used to be famous for being one of the best wPvP servers in Europe.

• coffeecoffee Member Posts: 2,007
    Originally posted by garbonzo

Ok I've played on Zul'jin (PvE) since vanilla days, but I enjoy PvP encounters more than anything else in the game.  I'm considering moving an 80 to a PvP realm.  Anyone care to give opinions about PvE realms vs. PvP?  Are the PvP realms just constant ganking or is there some kind of logic/chivalry to it?  Any recommendations for a good PvP realm?  (I'd just jump in and start leveling, but I really don't care to level more toons until maybe cataclysm.)  I always imagined that BC must have been a bloody mess on PvP realms when the gate opened...probably fun if you don't mind quests taking longer due to frequent corpse runs.  I'm thinking I might enjoy starting cataclysm on a PvP realm to see how that goes.

Nothing beats the flights that spring up arround meeting stones.., can last for quite some time if 2 raid group collide.  As to ganking it of course happens, you will need to pay more attention to your surroundings but you'll probably encounter more staring competitions than fighting, by that I mean you both see each other and both stop what ya doing trying to work out if they will attack.. can get tense.

• DiSpLiFFDiSpLiFF Member UncommonPosts: 602

is it a gank fest? i guess it depends on your definition. 

I know back in the day when the Isle was around there would be some sweet battles there that started from someone ganking someone else. Wrath of the Lich king there wasn't as much maybe at storm peaks with the dailies at first. 

I don't know what to tell you though, why are you on a pve server anyways its not like you lose anything from dying in this game. But I guarantee that when the new expansion comes out there will be some shit hitting the fan in terms of leveling zones. There always is. 

• garbonzogarbonzo Member Posts: 260

Nice.  All very encouraging.  I'm definitely going to move a character and give it a shot.  Why am I on a PvE realm?  I started on ZJ to learn the game and wound up connecting with an awesome guild that kept me there.  The guild is long gone but I have so many characters on there now that I didn't really want to separate them or pay to move a bunch... so it goes.  Considering my play style, I probably should have jumped ship for a PvP realm a long time ago.  And by "ganking," I really mean those situations where you can't do anything at all without getting a knife in your back, and starter areas being camped by griefers 247 to the point that you die 5 times to complete a simple quest, etc.  Of course, the adrenaline rush surprise attack is partly what makes a PvP realm fun.