Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Ouch.......PC version Assasin Creed coming Feb.2010 :(

ReklawReklaw Member UncommonPosts: 6,495

I thought I would be playing AC2 this year, it's released Xbox260 and PS3 but hte pc version get's here next year.

Just wanted to say this....that's all......

Comments

• BigdavoBigdavo Member UncommonPosts: 1,863

Meh the first one sucked balls anyway. Rented it for PS3, fucking boring, Tenchu shits all over it, and I'm talking about PS1/PS2 Tenchu. Assassins Creed is just another example of why I think console gaming is completely shit these days, I must admit I liked the intro and the start of the story, but then it puts that genetic memory spin on the story, which would be ok on its own, but in this context kinda lame.

Then I began playing the first level, and after I began the wholesale slaughter of dozens of guards to protect a further dozen beggars being beaten up or w/e, followed by dozens of other pointless mini-mission thingys (if you can call it that), further followed by the anti-climatic boss fight... I realised you weren't an assassin, just another lunatic chopping up everything in its path with no hint for subltely. Which would be ok if the game wasn't called 'Assassins Creed'.

Just my 2 cents there.

O_o o_O

• tvalentinetvalentine Member, Newbie CommonPosts: 4,216
    Originally posted by Bigdavo

Meh the first one sucked balls anyway. Rented it for PS3, fucking boring, Tenchu shits all over it, and I'm talking about PS1/PS2 Tenchu. Assassins Creed is just another example of why I think console gaming is completely shit these days, I must admit I liked the intro and the start of the story, but then it puts that genetic memory spin on the story, which would be ok on its own, but in this context kinda lame.
    Then I began playing the first level, and after I began the wholesale slaughter of dozens of guards to protect a further dozen beggars being beaten up or w/e, followed by dozens of other pointless mini-mission thingys (if you can call it that), further followed by the anti-climatic boss fight... I realised you weren't an assassin, just another lunatic chopping up everything in its path with no hint for subltely. Which would be ok if the game wasn't called 'Assassins Creed'.
    Just my 2 cents there.

everyone has their opinion.

IMO though assasins creed was amazing, you could go just about anywhere in the city if you unlocked all the areas, the assasinations could be tough depending on how you went about trying to kill someone. The combat was new and innovative, i had a blast.

Playing: EVE Online
    Favorite MMOs: WoW, SWG Pre-cu, Lineage 2, UO, EQ, EVE online
    Looking forward to: Archeage, Kingdom Under Fire 2
    KUF2's Official Website - http://www.kufii.com/ENG/ -

• reimarureimaru Member Posts: 228

what? next year? dang...still have to wait a little more zzzzzzzzz

• ReklawReklaw Member UncommonPosts: 6,495
    Originally posted by Bigdavo

Just my 2 cents there.

So I geuss you aint really disappointed that it will be released next year on PC?

Futher more why do you go and slaughter dozen of guards? I hardly go into hugh fights in the game but us as much stealth as possible, going in full combat makes the game boring to me, reason why I don't do it like that.

Tenchu great game for it's time, not sure where or in what way I could compare these 2 games.

Yes at a certain points things got somewhat repetitive due to most quests ended up being very similar, thankfully the developers have said they listened really well to all players consurn and hope they have done it better this time.

Also lets be glad that we all have different taste/wants and needs out of games. Else we all would play the same games which would end up being very boring.

I myself am looking forward to it, but hoped it would be released together with the PS3 and Xbox360 version which are out now, but I aint a console games (had a PS2 years ago) but since Moh/AA I left the console scene and went fully into PC.

• NagelFireNagelFire Member Posts: 409

They are going to spend the whole time "optimizing" it for PC, but in reality they are just going to release the same version.

The rest of the extra time will be spent developing INNOVATIVE, REVOLUTIONARY NEW ANTI PIRACY SOFTWARE (which will be cracked a week before the game comes out.

Enjoy.

-------------------------

• metalhead980metalhead980 Member Posts: 2,658

AC2 is freaking awesome.

I have it on 360 atm and I totally stopped playing RIsen and DA:O to get through this game.

This one is much better than the first AC.

Sucks that you have to wait but its well worth it.

PLaying: EvE, Ryzom

Waiting For: Earthrise, Perpetuum

Originally posted by NagelFire

They are going to spend the whole time "optimizing" it for PC, but in reality they are just going to release the same version.
    The rest of the extra time will be spent developing INNOVATIVE, REVOLUTIONARY NEW ANTI PIRACY SOFTWARE (which will be cracked a week before the game comes out.
    Enjoy.

Yeah don't worry, there will always be people who for some reason like to ruin pc gaming and use all kind of excuses as to why they shoulnd't buy a game but instead just illegally download them. Yeah great bunch of wanna-be gamers.

But thanks I will enjoy regardless, never had a problem with my bought games if it had some sort of Anti Piracy Software installed.

Originally posted by metalhead980

AC2 is freaking awesome.
    I have it on 360 atm and I totally stopped playing RIsen and DA:O to get through this game.
    This one is much better than the first AC.
    Sucks that you have to wait but its well worth it.

Yup.....can't wait, yet I have too.....and am sure it's well worth the wait. Going for a new rig in Jan.2010 anyway

• Cyborg99Cyborg99 Member Posts: 576

So the poor people of the gaming world (console owners) once again get a hand out (early version) of a game that could have been made better (because of superior pc hardware) but was dumbed down (because of console inferior hardware) to let the majority (poor people) be able to play the game. Man I hate poor people....

Trolls = Hardcore
    Fanbois = Carebears

The only posts I read in threads are my own.

• metalhead980metalhead980 Member Posts: 2,658
    Originally posted by Cyborg99

So the poor people of the gaming world (console owners) once again get a hand out (early version) of a game that could have been made better (because of superior pc hardware) but was dumbed down (because of console inferior hardware) to let the majority (poor people) be able to play the game. Man I hate poor people....

LOL! poor people? In the last three years i've spent over a thousand bucks on games for the 360 alone not including the 400+ bucks for the console, xbox live and Hard drive purchases (twice).

I have spent way less on a good rig that basically plays Two MMOs and Oblivion the entire time.

As for inferior hardware, dude be glad you even get a game to play on PC with all the pirating going on. What is it 60-70% of all pc gamers just download clients through torrent? talk about shitting where you eat.

Keep it up morons and the only games you will have on PC are MMOs.

PLaying: EvE, Ryzom

Waiting For: Earthrise, Perpetuum

• Mystik86Mystik86 Member CommonPosts: 380

I believe it's March, not February, which is worse. The games industry is really giving PC users the shaft...

Originally posted by metalhead980

Originally posted by Cyborg99

LOL! poor people? In the last three years i've spent over a thousand bucks on games for the 360 alone not including the 400+ bucks for the console, xbox live and Hard drive purchases (twice).

I have spent way less on a good rig that basically plays Two MMOs and Oblivion the entire time.

As for inferior hardware, dude be glad you even get a game to play on PC with all the pirating going on. What is it 60-70% of all pc gamers just download clients through torrent? talk about shitting where you eat.

Keep it up morons and the only games you will have on PC are MMOs.

Fixed.

Please ignore people who speak that way about console gamers.

We are all gamers regardless if you or anyone else might have a pc or console we just might have our own preferences to what we like or why we like something better, besides a friend of mine doesn't have a gaming pc but does have a PS3 and a wall of a tv screen, hardly would  think that he was poor. So I needed you "morons" fixed into just towards that person who spoke silly about console gamers being poor.

To me poor people don't even have a tv, but you see them on tv adds to support them with charity.

Originally posted by Mystik86

I believe it's March, not February, which is worse. The games industry is really giving PC users the shaft...

Well my pre-order does state 26th of Feb, so it could turn out to truly come out on march, it's a shame but I got patience.

• RoutverRoutver Member Posts: 383

Maybe it's better if you just get a console version,if you have one that is.

Many ports recently seem to be half assed/not optimized enough.

Originally posted by Routver

Maybe it's better if you just get a console version,if you have one that is.

Many ports recently seem to be half assed/not optimized enough.

For the few games that never get released on PC it's not worth it to me (anymore), cause most games I like also do come out on PC either exclusive, before a console version or as in this case after the console version, it's also a time issue as I already have very limited time to actualy game and like I said I have patience to wait it out.

Perhaps some might feel recent games seems to be badly ported, but I feel it might be those with DX10 and a high-end systems who might notice these things, I am still in the DX9 era with a good enough rig to still enjoy most latest games where Dragon Ago is my last bought game aswell playing and enjoying Fallen Earth with little to no performance issue's (obvious not at max setting, but mostly medium with some sliders high), but I will change/rebuild a new system in 2010 January.

• NagelFireNagelFire Member Posts: 409
    Originally posted by Reklaw

Enjoy.

Yeah don't worry, there will always be people who for some reason like to ruin pc gaming and use all kind of excuses as to why they shoulnd't buy a game but instead just illegally download them. Yeah great bunch of wanna-be gamers.

But thanks I will enjoy regardless, never had a problem with my bought games if it had some sort of Anti Piracy Software installed.

Wait hang on, are you implying that I swashbuckle software, or that the whole PC community is (mostly) filled with scurvy-ridden buccaneers?  Or perhaps im just misunderstanding your post.

Arrr..

-------------------------

• DerrialDerrial Member Posts: 250

Sucks, but that's OK. I'd rather they take the time for a proper PC release than do an Infinity Ward and just cram the console gameplay into a PC game box, making no effort to take advantage of PC strengths. I think Ubisoft is a good company and I believe they are working on getting the PC release right, so I'll wait.

• vladakovvladakov Member Posts: 710

Enjoy.

so true ^^

• KordeshKordesh Member Posts: 1,715

Enjoy.

^^^^

That. Port overs are rarely worth getting be it from PC to console or console to PC. I try to play as close to the source format as possible. 

Bans a perma, but so are sigs in necro posts.

EAT ME MMORPG.com!

• nAAtimusnAAtimus Member Posts: 342

Hopefully it'll be a proper port so it'll be worth purchasing.

I'm not here to complete my forum PVP dailies.

Originally posted by Reklaw

Enjoy.

Wait hang on, are you implying that I swashbuckle software, or that the whole PC community is (mostly) filled with scurvy-ridden buccaneers?  Or perhaps im just misunderstanding your post.

Arrr..

No need to wait and hangon, if I meant you I would have used your name and not say there are "always people"

So yeah you must have misunderstand my post. Don't worry, this happens all the time on forums like this.

• DerrialDerrial Member Posts: 250

Nothing bothers me more than a bad console port on PC, but I've never had a problem with Ubisoft games on PC, almost all of which are designed with consoles primarily in mind. Assassin's Creed, all of the Prince of Persia games, Beyond Good & Evil... they are among my favorite games on PC. So I'm not worried.