Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

B

So

Comments

• EkibiogamiEkibiogami Member UncommonPosts: 2,154
    Originally posted by adoniskev

So every shopper is waiting for black friday the truth is the sales have started already and the left over items for black friday are the ones that are worthless.  Been in retail since I was 16 trust me when I say go now before  the, "Good worth while items are available and yes they are on sale." Questions comments let me know :P

OT is that way <<<<

If ye love wealth greater than liberty, the tranquility of servitude; greater than the animating contest for freedom, go home from us in peace. We seek not your counsel, nor your arms. Crouch down and lick the hand that feeds you; May your chains set lightly upon you, and may posterity forget that ye were our countrymen.
    —Samuel Adams

• VaygusVaygus Member Posts: 131

Moved thread.

• adoniskevadoniskev Member Posts: 92
    Originally posted by xanphia

So every shopper is waiting for black friday the truth is the sales have started already and the left over items for black friday are the ones that are worthless.  Been in retail since I was 16 trust me when I say go now before  the, "Good worth while items are available and yes they are on sale." Questions comments let me know :P

Actually you need thick skin to work at retail...I work and go to school to pay my school...but I have to say you are one ignorant individual.     While it may not be my career, I do have a lot of respect for those that do work in this field.  Hopefully when your physcial and especially your mind hits puberty than perhaps....someone will one day take you seriously.

• SwoogieSwoogie Member UncommonPosts: 399

It nots a scam becuase we are getinng our money worth. Learn what a scam is...

Its just a effective way to get people to buy stuff.

Originally posted by Swoogie

Go ahead an shop on black friday when you find worth while item and the employee says, "we ran out," that only because the smart one bought what you wanted a day before and yes with your same discount. 

• TheHatterTheHatter Member Posts: 2,547

When I worked at Walmart about a year ago, everything they put on crazy sells was stuff that was extremely poor quality. Like DVD players for $10....... but they would break on the 3rd DVD (seriously, they got alot returned). Or TVs from brands that were so poor quality, they didn't carry them in their normal stock.... same with those DVD players.

Originally posted by TheHatter

When I worked at Walmart about a year ago, everything they put on crazy sells was stuff that was extremely poor quality. Like DVD players for $10....... but they would break on the 3rd DVD (seriously, they got alot returned). Or TVs from brands that were so poor quality, they didn't carry them in their normal stock.... same with those DVD players.

Dont get me wrong things go on sale but its usually the worthless items...

• seabass2003seabass2003 Member Posts: 4,144

Thanks for the tip but I shop 100% online now for Christmas. No more dealing with crazy crowds. Plus I don't want to get smashed and be laughed at on the internet when they report I died trying to get a Cabbage Patch doll (or next in thing) for my kids.

In America I have bad teeth. If I lived in England my teeth would be perfect.

• SwoogieSwoogie Member UncommonPosts: 399

Originally posted by Swoogie

Go ahead an shop on black friday when you find worth while item and the employee says, "we ran out," that only because the smart one bought what you wanted a day before and yes with your same discount. 

I will be shopping on Newegg.com

They will have 10% off all items STOREWIDE. How is that a scam? Get a grip. Just because SOME stores sell everything crappy on black friday because it doesnt mean EVERY store is. I agree that crappy stuff gets put on sale but thats business. I mean Newegg.com has some pretty low quality stuff on sale but EVERYTHING is on sale tho.

• SigneSigne Member, Newbie CommonPosts: 2,524
    Originally posted by seabass2003

Thanks for the tip but I shop 100% online now for Christmas. No more dealing with crazy crowds. Plus I don't want to get smashed and be laughed at on the internet when they report I died trying to get a Cabbage Patch doll (or next in thing) for my kids.

Me too!  And all because I don't want to be mocked if I die in a tragic Christmas shopping accident!  Seriously, though, I have to agree.  I don't do much for holidays but my husband does like to send a little something to his family since we rarely see them.  Amazon and online shops are perfect for sending gifts across the pond.  I've always hated malls and shopping in general.  I sucked at being a teenage girl!  (though I wouldn't mind hacking a few years off now)