Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

To all those complaining about the amount of time to kill mobs...

lordpenquinlordpenquin Member Posts: 129

This is part of the beta test for the english version.  The developers have intentionally slowed down the combat to ensure the combat skills are working correctly.  The Russian version combat is much faster and closer to a normal MMO.  The combat WILL be sped up to "normal" once their combat testing is complete.

Now that that is out of the way, this game rocks!  I couldn't believe that this game is going to be free to play.  It's the highest quality free game I have ever played, and believe me I have tried all of them.  ROM was the closest free game that was "good" but the server lag and some other glitches just keep it in the "meh. at least you aren't paying for it" category.   Allods (stupid name, really needs to be rebranded for the western market) is a game that is pay to play quality but is free.  Sure, they may ruin the game with the cash shop (most free games do) but if they can keep "have to have" items out and stick to "like to have" they could have a winner. 

I love the way the classes work.  They have similar mechanics to warhammer, which is a good thing.  I love the art style and the graphics are top notch.  I usually give up on free to play games because of lack of server stability, horrible graphics, bad bugs, etc. but Allods is the first free to play game I could  see myself putting some serious time into.  Even in beta it's better now than some pay to play games.

Take a look at Alganon.  It's a sad little wow clone that can't even funtion correctly and they want you to pay for it soon.  That game has free to play written all over it.  It's not much better than runes of magic.  This game will set the bar very high for all future free to play games.  It's quality is unmatched in the current FTP market.

Comments

• conanarasconanaras Member Posts: 68

I am much more interested in if you can level through quests and not grinding those poor mobs than how much time it takes to kill each one. Something you can actually do in Alganon (irellevant to this thread, but so was the OPs mention too lol).

Grindfest and imbalanced cash shop are the banes of F2P imo.

1 + 1 = 2... Unless it CRITS!

• GestankfaustGestankfaust Member UncommonPosts: 1,989

[quote]Take a look at Alganon.  It's a sad little wow clone that can't even funtion correctly and they want you to pay for it soon.  That game has free to play written all over it.  It's not much better than runes of magic.  This game will set the bar very high for all future free to play games.  It's quality is unmatched in the current FTP market.[/quote]  

Allods a sad WoW clone in just as many ways.

Alganon is hard to play more than an hour because of the crashing and other things for me.

Allods may work better. But it's really....really hard to keep playing more than an hour to me. Not much to do. Just more F2P rinse and repeat stuff. So take your pick and have fun (or not, like me).

The OP seems to have a "slightly" swayed opinion  to me though.

"This may hurt a little, but it's something you'll get used to. Relax....."

• KorhindiKorhindi Member CommonPosts: 395

To be honest, I have not found the kill rate to be too slow.

Of course, I am not the type of gamer who has to be at max level and endgame within in a week, either.

• breadm1xbreadm1x Member UncommonPosts: 374
    Originally posted by lordpenquin

This is part of the beta test for the english version.  The developers have intentionally slowed down the combat to ensure the combat skills are working correctly.  The Russian version combat is much faster and closer to a normal MMO.  The combat WILL be sped up to "normal" once their combat testing is complete.
    Now that that is out of the way, this game rocks!  I couldn't believe that this game is going to be free to play.  It's the highest quality free game I have ever played, and believe me I have tried all of them.  ROM was the closest free game that was "good" but the server lag and some other glitches just keep it in the "meh. at least you aren't paying for it" category.   Allods (stupid name, really needs to be rebranded for the western market) is a game that is pay to play quality but is free.  Sure, they may ruin the game with the cash shop (most free games do) but if they can keep "have to have" items out and stick to "like to have" they could have a winner. 
    I love the way the classes work.  They have similar mechanics to warhammer, which is a good thing.  I love the art style and the graphics are top notch.  I usually give up on free to play games because of lack of server stability, horrible graphics, bad bugs, etc. but Allods is the first free to play game I could  see myself putting some serious time into.  Even in beta it's better now than some pay to play games.
    Take a look at Alganon.  It's a sad little wow clone that can't even funtion correctly and they want you to pay for it soon.  That game has free to play written all over it.  It's not much better than runes of magic.  This game will set the bar very high for all future free to play games.  It's quality is unmatched in the current FTP market.

Another one that dont no crap about what they play.

ROM was good ? that game is over 4 years old already, the germans just renamed it. (Ruins Of magic that is)

Or you talking about "Rage of Mages"? :P

Just like the same company did with Bounty Bay Online (witch is Voyage century online)they even made the mistake of making it P2P at the start (rotfl lols of my german friends where pissed they payed 12 euro's for a game i was playing for free) 

What english version testing ? what skils ? u got no clue dude.

This is the same version as the Russian one there even is russian language in the game witch they forgot to remove.

We are testing the English translation from russian :P

"Allods Online™ is Astrum Nival's first in-house release. Recently launched in the domestic market"

Now thats who made the game not gpotato not gala.net they just licence it for the "English" market, they are not the developers of this game.

Stop giving peeps who do some translation to mutch credit...

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Rage_of_Mages

• wowfan1996wowfan1996 Member UncommonPosts: 719

Originally posted by lordpenquin
    This is part of the beta test for the english version. The developers have intentionally slowed down the combat to ensure the combat skills are working correctly.

Originally posted by breadm1x
    This is the same version as the Russian one there even is russian language in the game witch they forgot to remove.
    Ironically, you're both wrong. :-)

I played Russian OBT so I know the version history. "Hard-mode mobs" is a bug that was first introduced during Russian OBT and later fixed in patch 1.0.4. For NA CBT however, they used older 1.0.3 branch, so the bug is still there.

MMORPG genre is dead. Long live MMOCS (Massively Multiplayer Online Cash Shop).