Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

its a shame most of your good contests dont involve more than just one country

why don't you guys make most of your contests that actually involve winning something other than game credit, game items ect available to more countries other than the US?

whats wrong with Australia? eh?

are we too far away or something? lol

like its great that i have a chance at winning an alienware gaming laptop considering all i have is a box with a fan in it but i was also looking forward to getting a chance to win a dragon age game :(, ohh well

so why do you limit most of your good contests to the US only

Comments

• RaiizenRaiizen Member Posts: 177

laws and shit and shipping costs i guess

• SnarlingWolfSnarlingWolf Member Posts: 2,697

Brand new computer > Dragon Age game. Be happy with the good contest you did have.

And why would we want to share with other countries? That just lowers the odds more.

• just2duhjust2duh Member Posts: 1,290

Sweepstakes Law prohibits prizes to be given out to people not of the same country, even some states are excluded.

Although i've seen past top prize winners confirmed and not of the same country (think it was italy), so i'm not really sure mmorpg is following the laws lol.

It would be nice to see other prizes than ipod's though, they have been the most common giveaway lately..

• GundricGundric Member UncommonPosts: 345

I could be wrong but, isn't MMORPG.com just a middle man so to speak for these contests?   I always figured it was the publishers of these games giving away the items through contests on this website.  So I would think they would be the ones to take it up with.

• darklordofspdarklordofsp Member Posts: 7

of course cost would come into this

money is always No.1 in buisness

i find it strange how Australia always misses out on almost everything!

Australia is totaly uptodate with technology, so there are tonnes of gamers and stuff yet America chooses not to care about us one bit.

Like for eg; i use to play Last Chaos

All thier bloody GOOD events started at like 1-6am in the morning (in Australia) and its almost immpossible for me to stay up at those times and since people from other countries are missing out on those events they fall further and further behind and begin to lose interest.

They dont consider extening the time even a little so more players cant be online during the events. Why don't American companies try to invest a little in Australia. I don't get it :(

and the more countries the events on this site will be availabe for, the more people will come online and perhaps join in the forums.

how many people just join this site only for the events and not once talk on the forums, i wonder how many 0.o

• Bama1267Bama1267 Member UncommonPosts: 1,822
    Originally posted by darklordofsp

Australia is totaly uptodate with technology, so there are tonnes of gamers and stuff yet America chooses not to care about us one bit.
    All thier bloody GOOD events started at like 1-6am in the morning (in Australia) and its almost immpossible for me to stay up at those times and since people from other countries are missing out on those events they fall further and further behind and begin to lose interest.
    They dont consider extening the time even a little so more players cant be online during the events. Why don't American companies try to invest a little in Australia. I don't get it :(
    and the more countries the events on this site will be availabe for, the more people will come online and perhaps join in the forums.
    how many people just join this site only for the events and not once talk on the forums, i wonder how many 0.o

It has nothing to do with America not liking you as a country . Laws are a major reason.

• darklordofspdarklordofsp Member Posts: 7
    Originally posted by Bama1267

Originally posted by darklordofsp

It has nothing to do with America not liking you as a country . Laws are a major reason.

well those must be some pretty cr*py laws

but what about the in game events? surely they can try and change their time a little? laws can't prevent games from changing their event times 0.o