Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

JGE is doomed to success ... FACT!

Agricola1Agricola1 Member UncommonPosts: 4,977

Well with all the doom and glooming about JGE I thought I'd give some support to a game (for a change!), in my opinion JGE looks like something I'd like to play. Also I salute Net Devils for taking the time and reworking what they believe is neccessary in order to release a fun game. Perhaps this will be one of those few titles that weren't rushed out for a quick buck then sent into life support within 3 months? I certainly hope so, and as a further sign of support I have a message to everyone on these forums from a fellow space traveller,

Now how many of you meanies could say no to Barbarella there? So break out those nicey fingers and maybe let's hear what it is you're looking forward to with JGE? There must be something, also Barbarella demands a Beta key when it begins. Don't blame me Devs, she says if I can't get her one she'll leave me for Dylan Hunt! So have a heart guys!

"Of all tyrannies, a tyranny sincerely exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive. It would be better to live under robber barons than under omnipotent moral busybodies. The robber baron's cruelty may sometimes sleep, his cupidity may at some point be satiated; but those who torment us for our own good will torment us without end for they do so with the approval of their own conscience"

CS Lewis

Comments

• JavafanJavafan Member UncommonPosts: 45

Bah.... your signature sucks...

Sorry... someone had to troll your post.

Now that we got that out of the way... I sure hope so they get some nice interesting stuff out :) Especially since I am not into fantasy MMOs and it seems that only very few people actually heard terms like Sci-Fi, future, spaceships, you name it...

So here's hoping it will be a fun game for passing time.

• kadepsysonkadepsyson Member UncommonPosts: 1,919

The only "FACT!" here is that opinions are not facts.

• KyleranKyleran Member LegendaryPosts: 43,505

One can always hope, but with NetDevil's track record, that isn't the way to bet.

"True friends stab you in the front." | Oscar Wilde 

"I need to finish" - Christian Wolff: The Accountant

Just trying to live long enough to play a new, released MMORPG, playing New Worlds atm

Fools find no pleasure in understanding but delight in airing their own opinions. Pvbs 18:2, NIV

Don't just play games, inhabit virtual worlds™

"This is the most intelligent, well qualified and articulate response to a post I have ever seen on these forums. It's a shame most people here won't have the attention span to read past the second line." - Anon

• Agricola1Agricola1 Member UncommonPosts: 4,977
    Originally posted by Javafan

Now that we got that out of the way... I sure hope so they get some nice interesting stuff out :) Especially since I am not into fantasy MMOs and it seems that only very few people actually heard terms like Sci-Fi, future, spaceships, you name it...

I can forgive trolling or flaming, but this is nothing less than pure heresy! How dare you speak of our lord in such a manner? I hope you don't shake peoples hands with the fingers that typed that post!!!!!! As a Numanoid I must send you and all other blasphemers a message from the one true God,

As for the rest of your post I heartily agree, I never felt comfortable in a fantasy enviroment surrounded by female elves with boobs larger than their heads played by fat chicks and fat guys (although some of those fat guys probably did have large boobs IRL!). Seeking Gandalfs G-string of doom in neverending button mashing fests, so I welcome something that may whisk me back to those Freelancer days :)

"Of all tyrannies, a tyranny sincerely exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive. It would be better to live under robber barons than under omnipotent moral busybodies. The robber baron's cruelty may sometimes sleep, his cupidity may at some point be satiated; but those who torment us for our own good will torment us without end for they do so with the approval of their own conscience"

CS Lewis

• freejackmackfreejackmack Member Posts: 378
    Originally posted by Agricola1

Originally posted by Javafan

I can forgive trolling or flaming, but this is nothing less than pure heresy! How dare you speak of our lord in such a manner? I hope you don't shake peoples hands with the fingers that typed that post!!!!!! As a Numanoid I must send you and all other blasphemers a message from the one true God,

As for the rest of your post I heartily agree, I never felt comfortable in a fantasy enviroment surrounded by female elves with boobs larger than their heads played by fat chicks and fat guys (although some of those fat guys probably did have large boobs IRL!). Seeking Gandalfs G-string of doom in neverending button mashing fests, so I welcome something that may whisk me back to those Freelancer days :)

I'm not down with the whole magic thing. Does any one even no what magic is any way? Technology is far more exciting and interesting than any goofy fantasy nonsense where adult male characters wear dresses and crowns to combat lol. stupid mages. We need some good sci-fi games and we need twitch skill based combat. I like to shoot stuff and I like to pilot ships and tanks. 

I have loved ND ever since I played JGC and I don't think it looks like any game is gonna match JGE in fun and quality in the near future. If you think DP is gonna be anything special I think you should read up on it. BP has not had a publisher pick up the game yet but I sincerely hope it gets a publisher because I want as many sci-fi space or ground games as I can get. It's just that JGE looks better in quality and fun. I can not wait for this game. I am not looking more intently at any other game as much as I am intently looking at JGE to cure the lack of fun in mmo's today. There is no doubt in my mind that this game will have a huge following.

• kdaltskdalts Member Posts: 7

Dumb question but is this a stanalone game or a MMorph?  Opening line says its a standalone entry yet it sounds to be an on-line game?

• Agricola1Agricola1 Member UncommonPosts: 4,977
    Originally posted by kdalts

Dumb question but is this a stanalone game or a MMorph?  Opening line says its a standalone entry yet it sounds to be an on-line game?

It's a standalone MMORPG, meaning it isn't an expansion for the older Jumpgate game but is a seperate MMORPG and doesn't require any other purchase. However it will require an internet connection to play and after the first month a subscription fee shall be required.

I hope that answers your question.

CS Lewis

• Daedalus732Daedalus732 Member Posts: 589

For those of us who've been following the production cycle of this game AND were original players of Jumpgate Classic, we're far more skeptical about the direction of this game offering any real lasting enjoyment.

• NikopolNikopol Member UncommonPosts: 626

Any post with a Barbarella pic in it gets a pass in my book :)

• freejackmackfreejackmack Member Posts: 378
    Originally posted by Daedalus732

For those of us who've been following the production cycle of this game AND were original players of Jumpgate Classic, we're far more skeptical about the direction of this game offering any real lasting enjoyment.

I did play JGC and I have been following JGE news for 2 years. What I see makes me excited because they have added more to JGC and changed some stuff that needed to be changed. The dancer engine is still in JGE and the 3 sided war is more defined. There is battle space for the people that have small chunks of time and the world pvp for the rest of us. The world pvp sounds great with the husk building inside the dedicated pvp zones that are calibrated for pvp. The death penalty is not going to keep you from fighting to much and if you happen to be constantly camped in the pvp zone there is always pve zones to get away for a while and still have some fun flying. In Eve for example station camping is what pvp is reduced to in most cases, mostly because the cost of losing is to high to even try to fight when out numbered but also because the point and click dice roll combat out come is so certain there is no way to over come the odds. So sitting in a station is the only option when being camped.

ND has done a great job giving the game that finished look and ND is really pushing for quality in all areas it seems. I don't see any reason to doubt that this game is going to be anything less than a blast.