Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

SW:TOR release possibly "Right In front of us".

2»

Comments

• IbluerateIbluerate Member Posts: 256

I'd love SW:TOR to come out early, that'd be fantastic.

But I do hope they stay away from the F2P model, F2P games open up more room for RMT and jerks.

Not that I disagree with RMT, it's just that sometimes it really gets out of hand.

EDIT: I may have read the OPs post incorrectly.

Playing: World Of Warcraft
    Resting From: Nothing
    Retired: EQ2, CoH, Tabula Rasa, SWG, Warhammer, AoC
    Waiting For: SWTOR, APB
    Love(d): Tabula Rasa, SWG, World Of Warcraft, Age of Conan

• greed0104greed0104 Member Posts: 2,134
    Originally posted by Ibluerate

But I do hope they stay away from the F2P model, F2P games open up more room for RMT and jerks.
    Not that I disagree with RMT, it's just that sometimes it really gets out of hand.

The F2P they are talking about are Teasers. Check out Dragon Age Journeys, possibly similiar to that. The other possibility is a Character Creation program, the same Character Creation ToR would have. Examples DA:O CC and then Spores creature creature, would be awesome if ships were player created.

• IbluerateIbluerate Member Posts: 256
    Originally posted by greed0104

Originally posted by Ibluerate

The F2P they are talking about are Teasers. Check out Dragon Age Journeys, possibly similiar to that. The other possibility is a Character Creation program, the same Character Creation ToR would have. Examples DA:O CC and then Spores creature creature, would be awesome if ships were player created.

Ah, I see what you mean.

I'd like that, a taste of the games customization would be nice.

Playing: World Of Warcraft
    Resting From: Nothing
    Retired: EQ2, CoH, Tabula Rasa, SWG, Warhammer, AoC
    Waiting For: SWTOR, APB
    Love(d): Tabula Rasa, SWG, World Of Warcraft, Age of Conan

Originally posted by Anubisan

Originally posted by RoosterNash

Yeah, especially a Sid Meiers video game world. But seriously, 6 months isn't a long time in the real world. Hell, a year's not really that long. What would make this suck though, and this is my rationalization for a quick release, is that 2012 is just around the corner. I don't know about everyone else, but I'd like to play this game for more than 2 years before we all die. I'm just sayin...

LOL

If we only have two years to live, I think playing this game is the last thing we should be worrying about...

You're right, surfing lessons sound like the right idea.

3 mile high tsunamis, LOL, at least I'll be able to see some sick ass SFX before I get smashed by a wave.

• MMO_DoubterMMO_Doubter Member Posts: 5,056
     What would make this suck though, and this is my rationalization for a quick release, is that 2012 is just around the corner. I don't know about everyone else, but I'd like to play this game for more than 2 years before we all die. I'm just sayin...

Hmmm. Remember Y2K? No, no one else does, either - because nothing happened.

Damned end-of-the-worlders. They never get it right.

"" Voice acting isn't an RPG element....it's just a production value." - grumpymel2

Originally posted by MMO_Doubter

What would make this suck though, and this is my rationalization for a quick release, is that 2012 is just around the corner. I don't know about everyone else, but I'd like to play this game for more than 2 years before we all die. I'm just sayin...

They made room for the Y2K in the 2012 conspiracy. Solar Flares etc. 

• mrroboto40mrroboto40 Member UncommonPosts: 657
    Originally posted by greed0104

They made room for the Y2K in the 2012 conspiracy. Solar Flares etc. 

I'm pretty sure some NASA scientist just said the world was not going to end in 2012. Remind me to buy some shares in something that would make a lot of money from a doomsday rumor, maybe canned food or a gas mask company or something.

Originally posted by mrroboto40

I'm pretty sure some NASA scientist just said the world was not going to end in 2012. Remind me to buy some shares in something that would make a lot of money from a doomsday rumor, maybe canned food or a gas mask company or something.

I'm not buying the worlds going to end either. Even if I did, what "they say" is hardly credible. If they told you the world was going to end in a few years you would see complete anarchy.

• RoosterNashRoosterNash Member Posts: 283

Hmmm. As long as you realize that I was just joking. I don't believe in all that hype. Farbeit ONE astronomer's scientific opinion, though, to debunk anything.

THE Rooster Nash