Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Worth coming back?

ParameterParameter Member Posts: 56

I played Darkfall upon release (well, kind of.  I played after I could finally purchase it a couple weeks after release) and lasted only a few days.  The game, at that point, was far too incomplete and buggy to even play, much less enjoy.  I went back to EVE and have been there ever since, but have recently started looking back into DF.  I see alot of mixed reviews and opinions even now, but the game is undenyably changing.  My question is, is it changing in a good way that makes it enjoyable or is it still a horrid game not worth the time and money?  MO is supposed to release this year, but will get postponed until late next year at the rate they are going - I think MO has alot more potential than DF ever had, but the bottom line is its a hellofa long ways out and Im looking for a game to satisfy my needs now.  Whats yalls opinion?

Comments

• BlindchanceBlindchance Member UncommonPosts: 1,112
    Originally posted by Parameter

Whats yalls opinion?

The question is what is YOUR opinion. You are going to play on your account, not us. The game improved that's for sure:

- less grind: faster skill gains especially in pve,

- the overall pve experience is more entertaining: they slashed HP of lot of mobs and boosted their loot tables, more to come with the incoming expansion including AI "overhaul".

- player housing as a part of claimable ( like hamlets or clan cities ) villages. You need to pay taxes for your house and profit goes to the villages owner.

- better siege performance after sound fix

- weather system

- a lot of bugs has been ironed out but I can still name a few which need fixing.

- stop being lazy and check the forums - especially news section by yourself.

• RuynRuyn Member Posts: 1,052

I've resubbed (about 1 week ago) and started a new character.  A lot of good changes with more on the way.  I have not been disappointed.  It's been an action filled week.  I'm having a blast.

• N-oricN-oric Member Posts: 22

I  resubbed on Sat and have not regretted it. The game is a lot more solid now.

• ChaosChestChaosChest Member UncommonPosts: 97

Probably about 1000x improvement from release days.

Theirs still old annoying bugs though.

• asdarasdar Member UncommonPosts: 662

It's pretty much the same game, I enjoy it, but if you left for a reason it's probably still there.

The UI is the same, the world is about the same, there's still people that hang out to kill new players, there's still the same skills and user interface.

I wouldn't ever tell someone the game has changed so you should come back. It's only worth it if you enjoyed it, but small things kept you away.

Asdar

• JupstoJupsto Member UncommonPosts: 2,075

xpac should be out by now, wait for it. read up, if its good. then is the time to come back.

My blog: image

• kikinchazkikinchaz Member UncommonPosts: 562

Well I subbed to the EU version, last time I went with the NA one as the NA server had just hit, despite being from the UK i figured it may be more active. This time I've decided to stick with the better ping and what not. I'm a total newbie at the game granted, but I'm looking forward to getting into it. Also got a new PC this time. Will see how it goes.

• kikinchazkikinchaz Member UncommonPosts: 562
    Originally posted by Consensus

xpac should be out by now, wait for it. read up, if its good. then is the time to come back.

Pity you didn't post that link 10 minutes earlier mate otherwise I would have used it :(

• JupstoJupsto Member UncommonPosts: 2,075
    Originally posted by kikinchaz

Originally posted by Consensus

Pity you didn't post that link 10 minutes earlier mate otherwise I would have used it :(

BALLS

lol well I cant go around spamming threads about it, its advertising. just sticking to t'old sig.

My blog: image

• leone2ndleone2nd Member Posts: 74

Well guys, according to many trolls on this forum you and I don't exist. If we believe them then no one is playing Darkdall really. Servers are empty and they have currently no new people subing.

Everything you and I did yesterday and the day before in DF never happened. lolz. Its all imaginary. We are all imaginary!

:)

• Agricola1Agricola1 Member UncommonPosts: 4,977
    Originally posted by leone2nd

Well guys, according to many trolls on this forum you and I don't exist. If we believe them then no one is playing Darkdall really. Servers are empty and they have currently no new people subing.
    Everything you and I did yesterday and the day before in DF never happened. lolz. Its all imaginary. We are all imaginary!

I worked it out yesterday, we aren't playing DFO! In fact DFO was never released, we're all actually playing the Matrix Online. At some point Lawrence Fishbourne will appear dressed in leather with a pair of shades and a chick in tight rubber, probably after you've bought a player house and offer you two pills. Then your char will wake up in MXO and you'll rage quit within 24hrs!

"Of all tyrannies, a tyranny sincerely exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive. It would be better to live under robber barons than under omnipotent moral busybodies. The robber baron's cruelty may sometimes sleep, his cupidity may at some point be satiated; but those who torment us for our own good will torment us without end for they do so with the approval of their own conscience"

CS Lewis

• DarthRaidenDarthRaiden Member UncommonPosts: 4,333
    Originally posted by Agricola1

Originally posted by leone2nd

I worked it out yesterday, we aren't playing DFO! In fact DFO was never released, we're all actually playing the Matrix Online. At some point Lawrence Fishbourne will appear dressed in leather with a pair of shades and a chick in tight rubber, probably after you've bought a player house and offer you two pills. Then your char will wake up in MXO and you'll rage quit within 24hrs!

LOL

Trinity : I know why you're here, Neo. I know what you've been doing... why you hardly sleep, why you live alone, and why night after night, you sit by your computer. You're looking for it. I know because I was once looking for the same thing. And when it found me, it told me I wasn't really looking for it. I was looking for an answer. It's the question that drives us, Neo.

Neo    : What is Darkfall ?

Trinity : The answer is out there, Neo, and it's looking for you, and it will find you if you want it to.

-----MY-TERMS-OF-USE--------------------------------------------------
    $OE - eternal enemy of online gaming
    -We finally WON !!!! 2011 $OE accepted that they have been fired 2005 by the playerbase and closed down ridiculous NGE !!

"There was suppression of speech and all kinds of things between disturbing and fascistic." Raph Koster (parted $OE)