Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Top 10 reasons you must play Torchlight

13»

Comments

• BigdavoBigdavo Member UncommonPosts: 1,863

This is a fun game, a great casual hack n slash like Diablo was. Nothing too serious but always satisfying to load up for a session. I beat the main story and got to lvl 42 legit, before I mucked around with the in-game console for fun (aka cheating).

And just off-topic - lol @ the Blizzard hate, it always amazes me how so many people are (for some reason??) so butthurt at this game company.

O_o o_O

• just2duhjust2duh Member Posts: 1,290
    Originally posted by spades07

tried the demo of this. Seemed like an offline version of WoW..

What drugs are you on? Can I have some too?

• SwaneaSwanea Member UncommonPosts: 2,401

I like how when they talk about past games, they fail to mention Hellgate London....

might be a fun little game for a bit, but no real interest for me.

oh and isn't this supposed to be basically Mythos?  It didn't have the diablo sort of I wanna play this all the time feel.

• AthcearAthcear Member Posts: 420

I got Torchlight a few days ago, and I'm enjoying it so far.  Simple and direct.  I'd recommend it to anyone who played and liked Diablo.  The only gripe I have so far is the feeling of wasting points by boosting spells that I'm going to stop using as I level up.  I hate that.

Important facts:
    1. Free to Play games are poorly made.
    2. Casuals are not all idiots, but idiots call themselves casuals.
    3. Great solo and group content are not mutually exclusive, but they suffer when one is shoved into the mold of the other. The same is true of PvP and PvE.
    4. Community is more important than you think.

• spades07spades07 Member UncommonPosts: 852

Originally posted by just2duh
    Originally posted by spades07 tried the demo of this. Seemed like an offline version of WoW..

What drugs are you on? Can I have some too?

ya because there's no simularities right.. Look again..

• DerrialDerrial Member Posts: 250

I've been playing Torchlight a while. It's not bad for what it is, but I think for the average MMORPG reader it'll be far too simplistic. As has been said, it is the same as Fate in case you ever played that game. It's a very casual hack-and-slash RPG (despite the hardcore checkbox). No doubt Diablo 3 will be a MUCH deeper game, so I'm still looking forward to D3 for a more significant hack/slash experience.

• Label_ThisLabel_This Member Posts: 171

I'm gonna hold out for D3. Torchlight would have been great with a bit of multiplayer.

Why are there so many cutesie, fantasy, childish MMO's. Give me blood, gore and a long lasting challenge. I don't need my hand being held along the way. Thanks.

• WizardryWizardry Member LegendaryPosts: 19,332

The EXACT same console looking game as Diablo,and they actually can complie a reason to play it?The same guys who worked on Diablo ,so how much creativity do you expect from anyone out of Blizzard?Blizzard has created a development studio designed around copying not creating,so guess what...you are going to get a 90% copy of Diablo a game designed for the console and looks it.

I figured being from Blizzard they know to use cheap game engines to up their profit margin,and yes after doing the homework a freeware engine lol.You what you put into the game,you put little into it,you get little out.

Never forget 3 mile Island and never trust a government official or company spokesman.

• benmou13benmou13 Member Posts: 89

downloading the demo now and  btw diablo 3 aint out till 2011 =] i aint guna buy diablo 3 cause blizzard made it =]

Oh yeah and for the people who compare every game under the sun and say need for speed shift is a wow clone you can rot in hell for the simple wow copied every mmo before it and combined the ideas get over yourself wow was not the first thing to do anything except make an unplayable game on launch 8)

• RoutverRoutver Member Posts: 383

It is a nice game for a 20 USD hack'n'slash title, there are some small improvements, like being able to sell loot from anywhere with the "send pet" option, the buyable "lost" dungeons where you can't use portals in them, simple fun.

It's funny how TL completely crapped on similar games like Titan Quest.

• TenkicksTenkicks Member Posts: 11
    Originally posted by Routver
    It's funny how TL completely crapped on similar games like Titan Quest.

Nah, in TitanQuest it was actually fun to keep replaying to try out all the different builds.

In Torchlight there's no point since there are so few skills and no scope for strategy every fight happens like this; Run into vicinity of monsters > right click > screen fills with explosions > sort out loot.

If anyone can keep interest for more than a week I'll be fascinated to learn how since you can see the entire game in a few hours. After all, it's only a tech demo/hype machine for the eventual MMO that will be exactly like Dungeon Runners..only probably not for free.