Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

ALLODS ONLINE BEST F2P MMORPG

adoniskevadoniskev Member Posts: 92

This is the best F2P mmorpg out right now. No ands, ifs, or butts.. Nothing right now can touch this games, NOT even AION...yes yes i said it...this game destroys Aion on every level its ridiculous. Some of you might say," Well you cant really tell the first few levels," my response to that, "I have played more games to know a good game in the first few levels."

While in closed beta I was expecting anything but excellence. So far I have to say its just a really enjoyable game. There is really nothing to Troll here about the game. I am going to break it up for everyone as simple as possible:

GRAPHICS:

Polished and the art style reminds me of Kingdom Hearts. It does resemble previous games (shall not mention) but as a whole it does a very good job on keeping you interested as you quest along the land.

GAMEPLAY

It does not get any simpler than this. While there aren't as many powers to choose from I am pretty content. A mage feels like a mage and a healer does what a healer is suppose to do...heal.

COMMUNITY

i have been invited to teams, soloed, asked for help and it seems everyone is up to par, I was not expecting this in a closed beta. So far so good...

UI

The ui is perfection, only because you can add addons just like in wow...

SOUND

Enter a room and from afar you can hear the captains speaking of plans, orcs telling you to hurry up...the voices are crystal clear another excellent way to immerse you into the game. The music is wonderful first time I havent listened to my own toons just to hear the characters speak with the dramatic music in the background.

OVERALL

If you can find a key play it...you will not be dissapointed I assure you. While I was only able to get to level 10 it is still by far better than any other f2p game out there and thats a fact. Gone are the days of Runes of Magic horrible character mechanics, Rohans grind fest, Ether Sage micro transactions, Perfect Worlds unending boredom...etc This game is just great on so many levels and anyone wishing to dispute that will have to dispute agains a gamer who has been there since msdos was a game... no no wait since the cave man painted a controller on its cave wall...

Comments

• EuphorykEuphoryk Member Posts: 450

Agreed,

By far the best F2P Theme Park MMO I've ever played, since the inception of the genre itself (yes, exceptionally bold statement to make, but one I consider to be accurate - it is amazingly well done and the quality is miles above any other available F2P MMORPG).

I am pumped for release, and have stopped playing for the moment because I already feel attached to my characters and don't want to invest much in them prior the wipe before Open Beta begins.

Great title, highly recommend.

• adoniskevadoniskev Member Posts: 92

I am excited as well I can not wait....

• AjninrepuSAjninrepuS Member Posts: 52

I'm with you on the whole concept of playing enough MMO'S to KNOW if it is going to be worth ANYTHING in the first few levels and I havn't felt that way for a long time till this game.. People say that if they can't get through the first few chapters of a book then they won't try it. Same should and does work for a game...

I love the fact that they do take from games in the past and people shouldn't b!tch about that because WoW did it and it worked... They have done everything right as far as I can tell other than not making it P2P..

Best feature I've seen by far is the precast which brings me back to UO.. It's not the same but just made me think back and remember the good times..

The worst thing for this game will be if they make armor and weapons purchasable through their cash shop.. That will be very fail...

Originally posted by AjninrepuS

I'm with you on the whole concept of playing enough MMO'S to KNOW if it is going to be worth ANYTHING in the first few levels and I havn't felt that way for a long time till this game.. People say that if they can't get through the first few chapters of a book then they won't try it. Same should and does work for a game...

I love the fact that they do take from games in the past and people shouldn't b!tch about that because WoW did it and it worked... They have done everything right as far as I can tell other than not making it P2P..

Best feature I've seen by far is the precast which brings me back to UO.. It's not the same but just made me think back and remember the good times..

The worst thing for this game will be if they make armor and weapons purchasable through their cash shop.. That will be very fail...

If that happens I will cry ...tear

• SarbocabrasSarbocabras Member Posts: 257

I haven't heard of ALLODS prior to this forum post but after watching a handful of videos and reviews on it I'm eager to give it a go.

It took me literally 22 minutes to download...on a up to 6.0 band width...  You can find a beta key on ten ton hammer....

• darker70darker70 Member UncommonPosts: 804

First of all thanks OP,for a detailed reveiw i was gonna do this but closed beta and NDA,i think still stand,anyhow just to say Allods Online rocks the very samey starter levels,give a generic outlook but soon the combat mechanics shine through,very impressed as mobs dodge and weave defend and attack in situe with your actions.Graphics wise stunning just stunning suffice to say my jaw hit the floor as  league i landed in the main city after the massive tutorial quests,the amount of detail shows Astrum nival as top of their game truely a site to behold.At this point i was lvl6,pretty standard when u leave the Allod,but was amazed the city is so vast i took on so many quests to meet people help people ,try a crafting quest which by the way is pretty much a game in it's self which i'm still trying to figure out,many of these quests where non kill quests so i half levelled to 7 no grinding involved.

I could wax lyrical all day this is gonna rule as a F2P the closed beta is so smooth it's more like a non Mo,yes we get disco's but only once of 2 days testing as something weird happened and that even corrected it'self,even the quests are well written the odd typo and gobblydeegook but this is closed Eng Beta all expected,all in all this will be a smash if they keep transactions to a minimum then this could make a significant dent in WOW's playerbase and many more besides.

A quick edit firstly nice pic that you or a promo shot?,also i was a lucky bugger missed out on first round of keys but just got in as the last 70keys were going on Mmorpg.com ,otherwise i'd still be playing in Russian !!

p>

I agree...nice visuals especially the sky...

• SynthetickSynthetick Member Posts: 977

Overall it's a pretty solid game. Been playing the beta for the last few days and enjoyed it. Pretty polished so far, performance is good, visuals aren't bad. Could pass for a P2P game, just interested in seeing what they actually sell in the item mall. 

• Frostbite05Frostbite05 Member, Newbie CommonPosts: 1,880

nice to see quality f2p games coming out

• KordeshKordesh Member Posts: 1,715

I'm sorry, yes, bits of it are interesting, and its pretty, but this really didn't need an ALL CAPS THREAD ABOUT SOMEONES OPINION! I'm somewhat interested in it, but seriously, give it a rest, you're only going to invite trolls to come and list every single things thats wrong with the game in a neat and all caps excel sheet. 

That being said, it is very pretty, best sky/lighting I've seen in an MMO thus far I think (all around), though sadly LoTRO still holds the title for best water. I'm a littler torn on it thematically, because I'm not sure how comical they're going to take things, and when it gets to the "fart joke" level that WoW has reached, I quickly lose any ability to remain interested. The gibberlings are actually pretty cool though, and it's nice to see interested races that aren't just rehashes or hybrids. The way psions function is also pretty interesting. 

Bans a perma, but so are sigs in necro posts.

EAT ME MMORPG.com!

There will always be trolls...yes lotr water effect are nice...also for those that can not get into the game I am posting some pictures...enjoy

• TechleoTechleo Member Posts: 1,984

Really enjoying this game so far. Been testing awhile and I have to admit the world is pretty well fleshed out. LOVE THE GIBBERLINGS! Not sure why.. there just sooooo fuzzy.... :-D Anyways, I think as far as a f2p this one just kicks arse. Im not sure what some peoples complaints about compaint being slow are about. Then again maybe my class as a Gib Animist is just fast at killing. Definitely worth a look!

• AladyleynaAladyleyna Member Posts: 269

Oh wow, it does sound very good! I'll probably try it when it comes out with an open beta, since I don't have the time for it now. And nice, it's going to be free to play! Definitely will try this out in the near future.

Main characters:
    Jinn Gone Quiet (Guild Wars)
    Princess Pudding (Guild Wars)

• TalinTalin Member UncommonPosts: 918

Besides some nice graphiclal effects (who cares at this point though?), why would someone want to play Allods? What makes it stand out other than being free? What features?