Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Punisher

uhjpaeuhjpae Member Posts: 165

For those who already have the Punisher mercenary, can you tell me if it's worth getting or not? I want to know before I do the quest. Pros and cons are greatly appreciated. Thanks! ^^

Comments

• lm8darklm8dark Member Posts: 281

I'd like to know too... Im not getting one anyways.. just need to know info to counter it. lol. or if its worth countering.

• reimarureimaru Member Posts: 228

i'm just curious, is the punisher a better substitute over the viking and/or beast trainer?

• uhjpaeuhjpae Member Posts: 165

I just heard from other players that it can be a good substitute for 2nd monks. Don't know about it's tanking abilities though.

advantages of dual monk = speed cast

advantage of punisher = not able to be mana sealed.

I've had some matches with punisher... not really effective imo... or it's just that they put it in the 2nd row and I always silence that. lol

• haelikothhaelikoth Member Posts: 116

dont have it yet as im only in my  50s, but from what ive heard its a second row melee, so its not really for tanking purposes. its skill books seem hard to find too.

• DrolkinDrolkin Member UncommonPosts: 246

PVE wirse the Punisher is amazing, no more need for a monk except for rare boss battles where HG comes in handy.

His Awakening ability only costs 1 AP and you can use it twice in one round, and heals more then it does dam.  His AOE for me at least does about 2.5k PVE and 750 PVP at skill lvl 30/60.

I put him in my front row and he appears to tank fine at lvl 101 with a prophet healing him against Aztec mobs atm.

ABFL he's just as good as any other melee merc, non-abfl you might have issues with people silencing him, but if he is in the front row that just means they won't be silencing your mid row which might have a Nvik or witch etc.  It all depends on your formation.

Overall I will probably never remove him from my formation, right now I am:

Punisher/Spartan/Prophet

Goemon/Invt/Janni

Main/Princess/Hwarng

Goemon/Hwarng(or princess) removed for Monk/Oracle non-ablfl, so I pretty much have 2 monks. ^^

sac awake is only 1 ap? wow

• haelikothhaelikoth Member Posts: 116

ive been asking for help with an AoE build in the official forum, and a lot of suggestions said i ditch the monk and get Punisher when i can. you get an AoE attack, awakening and a row basic attack. pretty nifty.

• uhjpaeuhjpae Member Posts: 165

I want to get the Punisher just to experience it first hand but this quest with Enrique Mas is so frustrating! I can't attack Leatherface without harming Enrique Mas because my formation is like this:

Spartan/N.Viking/Exorcist

Inventor/Main(Cannon)/Cannoneer

Minstrel/Oracle/Monk

Can this quest be done in a party?

havent been to that part yet. what is the enemy's formation btw... good thing I have an archer and prophet.