Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

SW:TOR vs. STO

124»

Comments

• solarinesolarine Member Posts: 1,203

Here's how I see it:

You can give Cryptic Star Wars and Bioware Dawson's Creek as IPs, and still Bioware would make the better game.

• HaukenHauken Member UncommonPosts: 649

Both games have my intrest sort of. With STO leading with a cruisers length. Skills, ground and space combat just seems appealing atm. And as far as i know there hasnt been any mention of a RMT model for STO(I might be wrong here).

Also STO seems more of a MMORPG than SWToR. More exploring and freedom than spoonfed story content from SWToR.

Time will show tho....

Hauken Stormchaser
    I want pre-CU back
    Station.com : We got your game
    Yeah?, Well i want it back!!!

• LaterisLateris Member UncommonPosts: 1,831

I hope I am wrong but I can't see STO being that deep of  a game based on the footage I have seen. STO will be a clone of CO except with Star Trek Themes. The UI in STO looks cheaply done.  TOR will be what Lucas Arts and SOE set out to do with the NGE for SWG but with the KOTRO theme and the integrity of BioWare. It is obviously going to do better because it is BioWare and they don't make crap. At this point I know I will never see the type of game I always dreamed of for Sci Fi MMORPG's. 

• Frostbite05Frostbite05 Member, Newbie CommonPosts: 1,880
    Originally posted by Lateris

I hope I am wrong but I can't see STO being that deep of  a game based on the footage I have seen. STO will be a clone of CO except with Star Trek Themes. The UI in STO looks cheaply done.  TOR will be what Lucas Arts and SOE set out to do with the NGE for SWG but with the KOTRO theme and the integrity of BioWare. It is obviously going to do better because it is BioWare and they don't make crap. At this point I know I will never see the type of game I always dreamed of for Sci Fi MMORPG's. 

Closest thing to the perfect sci fi mmo is EVE and its about 1/2 of the grand puzzle.

• Darth_OsorDarth_Osor Member Posts: 1,089
    Originally posted by jadonc

From viewing video from both games, Star Trek wins by far, Star Trek looks like SWG Pre-CU for character customization and there is more freedom in the canon when it comes to Star Trek. Star Trek is more unlimited than Lucas owned Star Wars.
    Please prove me wrong as I love Star Wars :(

STO will be a heavily instanced game with low player per zone caps.  Character customization might be the only area STO wins.  Doesn't sound much like SWG to me.  As to freedom in canon, Bioware is basing the game in a time period where they are making up there own Lucas approved canon, they aren't constrained by existing canon.

• ktanner3ktanner3 Member UncommonPosts: 4,063
    Originally posted by Darth_Osor

Originally posted by jadonc

From viewing video from both games, Star Trek wins by far, Star Trek looks like SWG Pre-CU for character customization and there is more freedom in the canon when it comes to Star Trek. Star Trek is more unlimited than Lucas owned Star Wars.
    Please prove me wrong as I love Star Wars :(

STO will be a heavily instanced game with low player per zone caps.  Character customization might be the only area STO wins.  Doesn't sound much like SWG to me.  As to freedom in canon, Bioware is basing the game in a time period where they are making up there own Lucas approved canon, they aren't constrained by existing canon.

STO isn't constrained by canon either seeing that it takes place in a future that hasn't been covered yet.

Currently Playing: World of Warcraft

• RykerRyker Member UncommonPosts: 207

Tv wise Star trek beats Star wars to me lol, but game wise I think Star wars is gonna have the better game, it be nice if they added space combat like jump to lightspeed but with some actual content :)

• ArgahawkArgahawk Member UncommonPosts: 78

I always loved Star Trek nore than Star Wars but cant ay jedi, BH etc wasnt cool but after I played SWG or other SW games i think i will choose TOR because think this game will be more interesting and better - but that just my personal opinion.