Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Get a moderator team

supremeaaronsupremeaaron Member UncommonPosts: 189

The title says it all I think. mmorpg.com need to actually moderate their forums. I have seen complaints about mmorpg.com's fan base and how they are aloud to run around insulting people etc with no punishment.

So here is my suggestion get a smart enough moderator staff (maybe one moderator per each mmo forum section).

Comments

• GruntyGrunty Member EpicPosts: 8,657

Here you go. www.mmorpg.com/opportunities.cfm

"Volunteer Positions

Forum Moderators

MMORPG.com is seeking volunteer Moderators for the MMORPG.com forums and live chat. Moderators are responsible for enforcing the Rules of Conduct on the forums and IRC chat, as well as coordinating with the Community Manager and other Moderators about forum policies.

Requirements:

* Dedication to uphold our Rules of Conduct

* An avid interest in the MMORPG.com community

* An aptitude and willingness to work in a virtual team environment

* Excellent reading comprehension

Preferred:

* Past experience in forum or chat moderation

* A long-standing history with MMORPG.com

If you are interested in the MMORPG.com Moderator position please contact Michael Bitton via [email protected]. Please include your forum name, a brief introduction to yourself and why you would be a good MMORPG.com moderator.

Why should you volunteer as a MMORPG.com moderator, feature writer or game correspondent?

* Gain experience and knowledge from within the gaming industry.

* Add MMORPG.com published reviews and features to your resume.

* Broadcast your voice to our 500,000+ members.

* Improve your written communication and team skills.

"I used to think the worst thing in life was to be all alone.  It's not.  The worst thing in life is to end up with people who make you feel all alone."  Robin Williams
  • Zorvan01Zorvan01 Member CommonPosts: 390
    Originally posted by supremeaaron

The title says it all I think. mmorpg.com need to actually moderate their forums. I have seen complaints about mmorpg.com's fan base and how they are aloud to run around insulting people etc with no punishment.
    So here is my suggestion get a smart enough moderator staff (maybe one moderator per each mmo forum section).

Who complained? Fan'ori's? lol

And are you going to pay for a seperate moderator for each of the hundred+ forum sections? lol

Here is MY suggestion: get smart enough to know how to use the "block" feature if your sensibilities get hurt.

Edit: I like how you insult the moderation staff while complaining about people being insulting.

image]image

• AnnwynAnnwyn Member UncommonPosts: 2,854

Funny because just last week we had an asshole posting several racist and hate threads (spam, flame, 10 threads in a row, etc) and there was always a moderator to take care of the job.

So yeah....there are moderators, they just rarely post on the forum.

• BloodDualityBloodDuality Member UncommonPosts: 404

I do think the moderators were doing a good job of removing those racist posts. The problem is not everything can be moderated, and people need to learn to treat others with some form of respect.

• BMFahrtzBMFahrtz Member Posts: 25
    Originally posted by BloodDuality

I do think the moderators were doing a good job of removing those racist posts. The problem is not everything can be moderated, and people need to learn to treat others with some form of respect.

I agree. It's all fine and healthy to state your opinion about a game but lets not name call when someone plays an MMO you don't particularly like.  

The moderators did do a good job with those racists posts.  Whoever posted those should use their time playing MMO's instead of acting a fool. But then again I bet that person is the village idiot of his respected MMO community.

• VaygusVaygus Member Posts: 131

It's difficult as a moderator to check every page of every thread and look for violations which is partially the reason we encourage sending in a report if you see something that shouldn't be on the forums. The response rate for the reports are generally pretty fast and the numbers are kept down low. There just isn't always a moderator logged in to respond to them instantly, but we try to keep it as clean as possible. 

If you see something worth reporting go ahead and send one in and we'll get to it as soon as possible.

This discussion has been closed.