Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Allods is going to be a kickass game

gboostergbooster Member UncommonPosts: 712

I can already tell, this game is going to rule. It is very polished, the classes are fun, it is a beautiful game and runs great. The features they are talking about sound awesome, faction pvp, airship battles with 12 person crews vs other player airships. Hell yea!

The best thing is, it is free.  So if it ends up sucking real bad after level 10... well just my time lost, not my $$.

Comments

• crimsonmidcrimsonmid Member Posts: 140

It seems like a game with potential. Time will tell. Its too early to say though. We must see the game beyond lvl 10.

My brain has 2 sides;Left and right. My left side has nothing right and my right side has nothing left...

• ArezonArezon Member UncommonPosts: 282

I like the screenshots and videos I've see for Allods. I hope it plays well.

• AlexTheTallAlexTheTall Member Posts: 174

Do we know if the game item mall will be very important to make your char good?

• DauntisDauntis Member UncommonPosts: 600

Allods is very decent. It is so decent in fact that I hate saying "It is good for a F2P."  So far it is just good period.

Help support an artist and gamer who has lost his tools to create and play: http://www.gofundme.com/u63nzcgk

• DarbiiRueDarbiiRue Member UncommonPosts: 832

I'm going to hold off on trying it out because I'm terrified to like it and then have an item mall that has important items instead of fluff items... :/ That ruins every F2P for me. I don't mind buying fluff items, but if I'm forced to buy important ones to compete ... no thank you!

• gboostergbooster Member UncommonPosts: 712
    Originally posted by Splinki

I'm going to hold off on trying it out because I'm terrified to like it and then have an item mall that has important items instead of fluff items... :/ That ruins every F2P for me. I don't mind buying fluff items, but if I'm forced to buy important ones to compete ... no thank you!

You raise an interesting question.  What content would be acceptable for an F2P item mall to sell? I think just selling fluff items defeats the purpose of making a game. Which is, of course, to make money.  They are not just putting this game out there as a kind gesture to humanity...

I think if you look at DDO they have a great model. You can play the whole game for free, but you have to redo alot of content... the things they do offer for sale in their item mall are not fluff, but extra content, the better dungeons, races and classes you can buy. Also they have a monthly fee option that opens all the content for as long as you are subscribed. I would like to see that kind of item mall.  Not one where you have to buy pots or gear to even have a chance to level or compete.

• death2lovedeath2love Member Posts: 6

I can see it being good. One of the best free games I played. But I waitied a long time and I am annoyed I can't even make a char anymore. Anyone know how to fix that? Has anyone been able to even get into the game?

I really like the starting quests but I had some bugs with them. I can't report them because even the fourms are for me at least. it wont let me post.  But I am glad someone is saying it might be good and can play.

• abyss610abyss610 Member, Newbie CommonPosts: 1,131
    Originally posted by death2love

I can see it being good. One of the best free games I played. But I waitied a long time and I am annoyed I can't even make a char anymore. Anyone know how to fix that? Has anyone been able to even get into the game?
    I really like the starting quests but I had some bugs with them. I can't report them because even the fourms are for me at least. it wont let me post.  But I am glad someone is saying it might be good and can play.

yes i was able to log in just now when i tried it.

but as others have said its very promising so far, the classes are alot of fun. very surprized by how smooth its running for me and the fun factor considering its free, plays more like a p2p then a f2p

• xenoracexenorace Member UncommonPosts: 205

S0 far m0st the items in the CS are reset items, bags, and a variety 0f 0ther things that d0n't really l00k like 'have t0 have'.

Supp0sely there is a rare item dr0p in-game that y0u can use t0 reset y0ur skills, s0 if y0ur lucky y0u w0nt have t0 actually pay f0r a reset.

S.C.I.F.I
    <Sights, Clouded, In, False, Illusions>

• DauntisDauntis Member UncommonPosts: 600

Just make sure you research your skills before you buy them and you won't need to reset them. Ya so far I think the game is playable without the need to buy items from the mall, but hell if you like the game you won't mind throwing a few bucks towards mall items to keep the game running. I am having a blast with it so far, and I haven't found much to like in MMOs in about 3 years.

Help support an artist and gamer who has lost his tools to create and play: http://www.gofundme.com/u63nzcgk

• ArchemonArchemon Member Posts: 8

I've heard that in the Russian version which is in OB, there are buff potions and stuff and it's like pay2win or something. I need to double check that though.

• mcrahymcrahy Member Posts: 3

I'm following Allods since it was announced in may this year, and I read nice amount of articles about it. IMO game is great and I will definitivly play it. But back to the topic, about item shop. They said it will have XP pots, some HP, mana, etc, potions, decorative items, and ofc decorative items for you'r ship.  

• KenaoshiKenaoshi Member UncommonPosts: 1,022

Hyping a F2P? oh boy

now: GW2 (11 80s).
    Dark Souls 2.
    future: Mount&Blade 2 BannerLord.
    "Bro, do your even fractal?"
    Recommends: Guild Wars 2, Dark Souls, Mount&Blade: Warband, Kingdoms of Amalur: Reckoning.

• lekizlekiz Member Posts: 171

You would be surprised at how much it doesn't "feel" like a F2P. It isn't a constant grind, which is a good thing, and separates itself from the norm in F2P MMOs. I agree with some others on the fact that it should've been P2P, being that the quality that Allods sets is quite amazing. I'm usually not the one to get all giddy over F2P MMOs, but this one has changed my mind, it is just...different.

• cyandkcyandk Member UncommonPosts: 142
    Originally posted by lekiz

You would be surprised at how much it doesn't "feel" like a F2P. It isn't a constant grind, which is a good thing, and separates itself from the norm in F2P MMOs. I agree with some others on the fact that it should've been P2P, being that the quality that Allods sets is quite amazing. I'm usually not the one to get all giddy over F2P MMOs, but this one has changed my mind, it is just...different.

I agree.

This game could survive the p2p market. Gpotato might have found the secret viel of MMO gaming and i am surprised the russian studio didnt go solo with this one....

Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity; and I'm not sure about the the universe.

• AthcearAthcear Member Posts: 420

I've liked what I've seen so far in Allods.  The universe looks interesting enough and the art is excellent.  An item shop with game-defining purchases would ruin that, though.  It's hard to really care about taking down that big, nasty dragon when I could have just plunked down a buck or two for an invincibility potion and whooped it without any effort.

Important facts:
    1. Free to Play games are poorly made.
    2. Casuals are not all idiots, but idiots call themselves casuals.
    3. Great solo and group content are not mutually exclusive, but they suffer when one is shoved into the mold of the other. The same is true of PvP and PvE.
    4. Community is more important than you think.

• iamspamicusiamspamicus Member UncommonPosts: 114

I think the only thing that will kill this game will be the community.  The game feels solid if slightly grindy (compared to others) - but that might  be an xp tweak for CB.

Absolutely wretched  zone chat that isnt policed or filtered. Lots of epeen stroking/me first/elitist  f2p kids in it.  - It's a real turn off.

Forums are filled with people insulting each other and telling new guys to "search the forums" in long rants when it would have been 10x faster to just answer the guy's question instead of berating him.

It feels like the worst of the wow community has found a new home. The only way to avoid that would be to find a decent guild and turn off all other chats besides guildchat and never visit the forums.

• elockeelocke Member UncommonPosts: 4,335

I have to agree with most of the posts here, Allods has a nice feel to it and for once I am actually enjoying a FTP game. Hope it gets better after level 10 because at this point, I don't want to play it anymore until it goes live when I can really settle into it and have a blast.

Could this be THE FTP we've been waiting for the one to kill the idea that FTP means a grindy, boring game? I hope so.

• xenoracexenorace Member UncommonPosts: 205
    Originally posted by iamspamicus

I think the only thing that will kill this game will be the community.  The game feels solid if slightly grindy (compared to others) - but that might  be an xp tweak for CB.
    Absolutely wretched  zone chat that isnt policed or filtered. Lots of epeen stroking/me first/elitist  f2p kids in it.  - It's a real turn off.
    Forums are filled with people insulting each other and telling new guys to "search the forums" in long rants when it would have been 10x faster to just answer the guy's question instead of berating him.
    It feels like the worst of the wow community has found a new home. The only way to avoid that would be to find a decent guild and turn off all other chats besides guildchat and never visit the forums.

I'm usually the nice guy that helps pe0ple with questi0ns, but as 0f late my patience f0r pe0ple seems t0 be fading. Pe0ple are n0t even playing the game anym0re and instead ask bef0re they put1 minute 0f eff0rt int0 figuring 0ut their quest. N0w if it's a bugged quest 0r a seri0us questi0n that simple expl0rati0n will s0lve that's different.

0n an0ther side n0te, I ended up making a character 0n league and 0n empire (I think that's what it's called) and n0ticed a better z0ne chat f0r League alm0st 0ff the bat. C0uld have l0gged 0n the 0ther side at a bad m0ment th0ugh, but that's what I n0ticed.

S.C.I.F.I
    <Sights, Clouded, In, False, Illusions>

• MellexxMellexx Member Posts: 27

Honestly this was one of the slowest mmos I have ever played. I understand its still in CB but it was just plain awful. The character movements were limited and sketchy they felt too closed and didn't flow good. The combat was horrible too, I was playing with a friend and we sat there for 5 minutes at level 5 killing one thing. Maybe it was the classes we chose but the gameplay was extremely slow and unexciting. I might give it another chance at release but I doubt things are going to be any better.

Originally posted by Mellexx

The combat was horrible too, I was playing with a friend and we sat there for 5 minutes at level 5 killing one thing.

It takes less than 10 sec to duo a lvl 5 mob with two lvl 5 chars. Stop posting bullshit m8, if u hate the game thats fine, but don't lie.

Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity; and I'm not sure about the the universe.

• Cirn0Cirn0 Member Posts: 162

If equipment is shit it may take time, if its good it can be 2hit kill (if you are lucky)

IZI MODO?! Ha-ha-ha!

• MellexxMellexx Member Posts: 27
    Originally posted by cyandk

The combat was horrible too, I was playing with a friend and we sat there for 5 minutes at level 5 killing one thing.

It takes less than 10 sec to duo a lvl 5 mob with two lvl 5 chars. Stop posting bullshit m8, if u hate the game thats fine, but don't lie.

Seriously, It took forever to kill the mobs. I don't post bullshit, I never said I hated the game at all all I was saying is that it had flaws. I have no idea why it really was taking that long to kill the mobs, but it was slow.

• RavingRabbidRavingRabbid Member UncommonPosts: 1,168

Ill have to take a look at this game! Thanks OP!

(AAAAAAAAAHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH raise plunger in salute to OP)

All my opinions are just that..opinions. If you like my opinions..coolness.If you dont like my opinion....I really dont care.
    Playing: ESO, WOT, Smite, and Marvel Heroes

Originally posted by cyandk

Seriously, It took forever to kill the mobs. I don't post bullshit, I never said I hated the game at all all I was saying is that it had flaws. I have no idea why it really was taking that long to kill the mobs, but it was slow.

Yes, its slower than most games if u solo mobs in Allods, but is that really a such a terrible thing? If you duo NORMAL mobs in Allods its around the time it takes in other MMO games.