Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Closest Thing To Modern Day Ultima Online?

AuzyAuzy Member UncommonPosts: 611

I tried it a lonnnggg time ago and couldnt get over the animations and various bugs (you all know what im talking about)

Anyways I would like to retry the game because im looking for something with great depth (player housing, owning a boat, decent crafting, taming mounts...dungeon crawling)

Is it safe to say this game is the closest thing to a modern day UO?

Thanks!

~Auzy

Uhh... what?

Comments

• GPrestigeGPrestige Member UncommonPosts: 523

Perhaps without the PVP. PVP server is dead. Other than that, I'm not sure... but this game does have a HUGE amount of depth.

-Computer specs no one cares about: check.

-MMOs played no one cares about: check.

-Xfire stats no one cares about: check.

-Signature no one cares about: check.

------------------------------------------------------------
    -Narcissism: check.

• MithiosMithios Member Posts: 271

After a bad experience with Sony and then what they did with SWG, I'll probably never play another game by Sony again. I know this doesn't add to your discussion, but you posted in  General Discussion, so my apologies in advance.

A tiny mind is a tidy mind...

• AuzyAuzy Member UncommonPosts: 611
    Originally posted by Mithios

After a bad experience with Sony and then what they did with SWG, I'll probably never play another game by Sony again. I know this doesn't add to your discussion, but you posted in  General Discussion, so my apologies in advance.

SOE isnt great......glad we share the same opinion.

Heh, could only post in general or guild chat, so idk

Uhh... what?

• GPrestigeGPrestige Member UncommonPosts: 523

Yes, Sony is TERRIBLE. That doesn't mean you should punish yourself by missing out on an amazing game. Perhaps suck it up, take it like a man, and try the game. Don't hold a grudge like a scorned woman, as you're only causing yourself to miss out on something amazing!

Seriously, VG is awesome.

-Computer specs no one cares about: check.

-MMOs played no one cares about: check.

-Xfire stats no one cares about: check.

-Signature no one cares about: check.

------------------------------------------------------------
    -Narcissism: check.

• howtolandhowtoland Member Posts: 92
    Originally posted by GPrestige

Yes, Sony is TERRIBLE. That doesn't mean you should punish yourself by missing out on an amazing game. Perhaps suck it up, take it like a man, and try the game. Don't hold a grudge like a scorned woman, as you're only causing yourself to miss out on something amazing!

Seriously, VG is awesome.

because women are the only people who hold grudges.

i bet your misogynist attitude goes over great with the ladies. good thing you like mmos.

• ThillianThillian Member UncommonPosts: 3,156
    Originally posted by Auzy

I tried it a lonnnggg time ago and couldnt get over the animations and various bugs (you all know what im talking about)
    Anyways I would like to retry the game because im looking for something with great depth (player housing, owning a boat, decent crafting, taming mounts...dungeon crawling)
    Is it safe to say this game is the closest thing to a modern day UO?

Thanks!
    ~Auzy

That would probably be Darkfall.

Vanguard is close but its a bit more restrictive in pvp rules (well there's no pvp at all on pve server, and pvp server is quite deserted).

REALITY CHECK