Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

No Shame when advertising

AemiAemi Member Posts: 148

Have you ever seen a advertisement for this game? Pretty disturbing...

If you haven't seen one well here is how they advertise

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/File:Evony_ad.png

It unfortunatley gets worse than that..

This is a RTS game. Not a sex simulator in case that advertisement has you confused.

Comments

• Neolith8300Neolith8300 Member Posts: 12

Oh yeah, I've seen ads for this thing all over the place. Blatant false advertising IMHO.

• RavZterzRavZterz Member UncommonPosts: 618

Kinda funny since the game has nothing to do with women...

Also heard a couple of reports about how they will scam people that actually spend money on their browser game.

Make games you want to play.

http://www.youtube.com/user/RavikAztar

• Tigershark20Tigershark20 Member Posts: 2

I've been playing for a while and there's really no scam. The game's always free and you can get quite far without ever paying. I've payed about $15 total and there are people who have never paid and they're way ahead of me, even started after me.

• NddeshNddesh Member Posts: 65
    Originally posted by Tigershark20

I've been playing for a while and there's really no scam. The game's always free and you can get quite far without ever paying. I've payed about $15 total and there are people who have never paid and they're way ahead of me, even started after me.

So.. There is some hot model that will allow me to play with them?

• NddeshNddesh Member Posts: 65

Someone used Evony Trick to get more players!

• BifkekBifkek Member UncommonPosts: 17

"Find hot singles in your area! Oh, and play Evony. Now. For FREE!!"

Might as well. I'd post some of the more ridiculous ads they have like the one that shows nothing but a close-up shot of a pair of breasts or the topless chick laying on her stomach, but I'd be surprised if that wouldn't be considered banhammer-worthy (even if some of their ads pop-up on this site now and then). Not that I mind, but I honestly think this takes "sex sells" to absurd, new heights.

• kittyvonkitakittyvonkita Member Posts: 75

I guess since the model has boobs falling out, she qualifies as 'hot'.

A real way to entice women to play the game... Play discretely! Cause we all know it's a sausage fest anyway.

• metruler1990metruler1990 Member CommonPosts: 14

i think that, if they ever used any actual ingame content for their advertisements, they wouldnt be able to get anyone to join aside from people who had their friends refer them. still, this kind of advertising is fail, pure and simple fail

Evony=Advertising FAIL!

• EricDanieEricDanie Member UncommonPosts: 2,238

Who would have imagined that game advertisements should contain game features? :P

Their department apparently missed Communication Principles 101 and skipped right to Shady Marketing 101.

• KingKhaosKingKhaos Member Posts: 4

Evony does NOT scam...but they are run by hackers who real-world trade in World of Warcraft...but what I find funny about Evony is that for a game made by hackers...they have strict rules! No multiple accounts, no hacking, ect...I'm not saying that those rules shouldn't be there...I just find it interesting...plus Evony is not that great of a game anymore...there are two better games that are in Beta now and they are MUCH better.

Castles of Heroes and Lords Online

Castles of Heroes has better graphics and better game play...I think they have a hero mode...but I can't be sure as I haven't played it...

Lords Online...this is the game I switched to...They have a Hero mode which is like other MMORPGS...like Runescape where you try to level up your hero. Alliance system is better with alliance technologies and alliance events where you can battle "Super Cities" called Kingstown. Its a great game....If you want to join it the link is lo.igg.com

Both of these games are in beta right now...so if you want to get in on the action quick...now is the time to join!

Lords Online = Greatest Free Game!

• lancelot76lancelot76 Member Posts: 119
    Originally posted by EricDanie

Who would have imagined that game advertisements should contain game features? :P
    Their department apparently missed Communication Principles 101 and skipped right to Shady Marketing 101.

The game itself just does not look good in banner ads. So they fell back on Shady Marketing 101, which as someone else observed is "sex sells." Try reading a computer hardware magazine sometimes. They have ads in there where you will see a model selling computer memory or computer cases etc. Believe me, a picture of a model is much nicer to look at then a giant picture of 4GB of RAM. And it actually gets you to look at their ad.

Anyway, Evony seems destined to be more famous for its ads than its gameplay...

• FeldronFeldron Member UncommonPosts: 337

Their ads are clearly adult oriented and targeting children at that.  Its a video game and yes while other games might have models showing some skin then are model they actually have or use in game or storyline.  While this might get them more clicks and such its morally wrong.

evony is curently the lowest rated game on mmorpg,com                  

• havoc777havoc777 Member Posts: 1

Are you insane? Runescape is an mmorpg while Lords Online and Evony are Real Time Strategies their nothing alike not to mention runescape doesn't even have hero mode. Also while Lords online might have more features than evony it has some major drawbacks which are.

1. The community is horrid and mostly made up of immature kids and idioits (the community is the most important part of any online game).

2. Some of the features that show ingame don't even work yet such as demolishion, assassination, and dungeons

3. Catapults can destroy(has to be rebuilt starting from lvl 1) all buildings which can easily take out months of work within a few hours to a few days depending on how far they are from you. They can even fire if the fight ends in a draw which is severely unbalanced.

4. Theres no cooldown on castle teleport cards which means a rich player could teleport right next to you, destroy your castle then teleport away in barely anytime at all.

• ValencianWinValencianWin Member Posts: 8

Evony! It makes you feel like a king!

• kxmodekxmode Member UncommonPosts: 36
    "Play with me m'Lord."