Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Modern Warfare 2 is intense!

TealaTeala Member RarePosts: 7,627

OMG...the single player game rocks.  

Comments

• Demz2Demz2 Member Posts: 435

Im playing the Multiplayer for 2 days now, and it is bloody awesome.  What was all the fuss about no dedicated servers about?  Lol it makes no difference at all the game is trully immense.  Still playing cod4 though, it still is awesome as ell.

• RavingRabbidRavingRabbid Member UncommonPosts: 1,168

Im playing it on the 360 and Im having a blast! The multiplayer rocks as there are so many different game types to unlock!

(AAAAAAAAAHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH dances with Teala....AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAHHHHHHHHHH)

All my opinions are just that..opinions. If you like my opinions..coolness.If you dont like my opinion....I really dont care.
    Playing: ESO, WOT, Smite, and Marvel Heroes

• wartywarty Member Posts: 461

I heard it was good albeit a very poor pc port (no dedicated servers, cant select host, miniscule multiplayer etc etc) so I'll wait for it to not cost me an arm and a leg before I buy. when it crosses the £30 threshold it can become a purchase

Playing polished, lag free, feature complete games is carebear. Whining about a game you hate but still play is hardcore man!

Im playing on the PC, and apart from no dedicated servers, the game bloody rocks.    yeah there might not be the same 50+ dedicated servers as like in cod4, but tbh it makes no difference.

• LiquidWolfLiquidWolf Member CommonPosts: 516

I still have not finished the first Single Player mode from the first Call of Duty.

It was good, and I enjoyed it for as far as I got... but it just didn't captivate me into playing it.

Multi-player was what I got the game for, and the changes in MW2 just ruin that for me.

When I get around to finishing the first MW single player, i'll look into buying MW2.

And really only when it is on discount.

• wartywarty Member Posts: 461

how does it not? host drops out > jarring wait for new host, delay while connecting.. oh thats fun.

and yes lets face it, peoples internet can and will still drop out, especially when the host is losing. atleast if your dedicated server drops out, you know its a poor server and not to play on it for a while.

there is also a big cheating issue. it wont take long before its ripped apart. yes there will always be cheats in everygame, but, much like darkfall, when you make everything clientside you open it right up to exploitation. and thats not cool, not at all.

Playing polished, lag free, feature complete games is carebear. Whining about a game you hate but still play is hardcore man!

• WizardryWizardry Member LegendaryPosts: 19,332

I was really getting into these games as they were advancing nicely tech wise and offered some intense game play.However since Cod introduced RADAR i have not played a game like this since.Radar to me loses all immersion in a game,i do not want to know where others are,that is the fun of it.

Does this game have anything like radar?and what is the replay ablilty ,i am not into several types of game play ,i just want to play a vanilla game with some real nice maps and great weapons.

Never forget 3 mile Island and never trust a government official or company spokesman.

Its a millitary game, what the hell do u expect? No radar? 

• LeKinKLeKinK Member Posts: 899

Yea I want that game bad but I just subbed for 3 months for Aion...   If I get the game now I will be wasting my sub.

>_<

• heartlessheartless Member UncommonPosts: 4,993

The single player is definitely amazing and absolutely intense. It's also very short. So short in fact that I'm starting to question whether or not I made the right choice by getting this game.

• ThomasN7ThomasN7 87.18.7.148Member CommonPosts: 6,690

The most expensive DLC people ever bought.

• TealaTeala Member RarePosts: 7,627
    Originally posted by heartless

The single player is definitely amazing and absolutely intense. It's also very short. So short in fact that I'm starting to question whether or not I made the right choice by getting this game.

Yeah it was really short.   The multiplayer is not as bad as some people said it was going to be though, but I really haven't played it as much as because I am busy beta testing M&B Warband.   It's much more fun and challenging.  :)

• Anarchist420Anarchist420 Member Posts: 74
    Originally posted by SaintViktor

Yep.  It was a good game but damn man.. I know the first one was short too but this one seemed shorter.  Even more so for the warm blooded people who skipped the airport level-- so im glad i am evil anyway.

Definitely not worth 59 bucks though.

• TryggviTryggvi Member Posts: 83
    Originally posted by Demz2

Its a millitary game, what the hell do u expect? No radar? 

But ground troops don't have a radar of where the enemy is in real life...

• PrecusorPrecusor Member UncommonPosts: 3,589
    Originally posted by SaintViktor

No kidding.

• AbrahmmAbrahmm Member Posts: 2,448

Didn't get it. Not planning to either. I found COD4's single player to be good but short, and the multiplayer to be mediocre at best. Seems MW2 is a bad console port with a shorter story and gimped multiplayer, not worth an extra $10.

I'm waiting for Battlefield Bad Company 2. Battlefield's multiplayer experience was always much better than COD.

Tried: LotR, CoH, AoC, WAR, Jumpgate Classic
    Played: SWG, Guild Wars, WoW
    Playing: Eve Online, Counter-strike
    Loved: Star Wars Galaxies
    Waiting for: Earthrise, Guild Wars 2, anything sandbox.

• outfctrloutfctrl Member UncommonPosts: 3,619

One thing I have noticed in the new CoD2, I die allot more.  When I play CoC MW, I usually last longer.  I cant figure out why?

Well, besides the fact I suk at FPS's.  LOL

• ThenariusThenarius Member Posts: 1,106

I'd say this was just overhyped. There are better alternatives out there.