Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

banned for no reason

cloudacvcloudacv Member UncommonPosts: 210

I just started my trial yesterday...i tried to log on today and it said i was banned? I have not done anything to get banned for.

Is this how they treat all new people or people trying to return to the game? seriously this is lame

Comments

• nickster29nickster29 Member Posts: 486

Apparently you did something to get banned.  I played FFXI for over 5+ years and I very seldom saw anyone get banned, and every person who did get banned deserved it in one way or another.

• cloudacvcloudacv Member UncommonPosts: 210

I dont think your understanding...i played for an hour I did absolutley nothing to get banned. unless i guess using the auction house will get you banned! cus thats the only other thing i did besides kill stuff near bastok!

• YauchyYauchy Member UncommonPosts: 298

Only reason I've ever heard of a ban (beyond old ksing of dragons & the such), is an account being hacked :/

And worse comes to worse, if you only played an hour...starting up a new trial & putting in an hour should be no big deal :)

Make sure to look at the EULA for rules & such as well, could of been a naming convention or something said (if you talked).  You never know sometimes...

• Dionysus187Dionysus187 Member Posts: 302

You might have had an innocent interaction with a farmer/gold seller too. Not exactly sure of everything you did, but if they saw a trial account that might have been helping out another account they know for sure is a gold seller they might have just banned you too in a attempt to squash them further (thinking you were helping them some how). but even most actual gold buyers are left alone so thats a real long shot.

• cloudacvcloudacv Member UncommonPosts: 210

the only thing i typed to somone was "thank you" for the protect buff. I would like to know why i was banned but it wont let me log in to my account not even on the website. If they are just going to ban people like this im not so sure i want to give them my money unless they can reasure me some how this was a mistake because it was.

• ic0n67ic0n67 Member Posts: 776

With trial accounts sometimes they will ban people because a lot of RMTs will get trial accounts to get gil to sell. Something you did (probably something to do with registration) triggered a red flag which causes them to ban the account. From what I can tell these events are typically very benign that have the innocents throwing their arms up wondering what they did, but SE doesn't take chances with the RMTs and unfortunately there are causalities.

If you get the full version you shouldn't have a problem. I mean you can get all the game content and a month free to play for $20 ... it isn't that much you are out if you end up not liking it.

• WSIMikeWSIMike Member Posts: 5,564

Eek... that sucks. Not sure why that would happen but.... yeah... might be that something you did might have been taken as possible RMT activity. Not that you did it intentionally or were doing anything wrong... it might have been taken that way. Not entirely sure what it might have been, though :-/.

Sorry to hear about that.

"If you just step away for a sec you will clearly see all the pot holes in the road,
    and the cash shop selling asphalt..."
    - Mimzel on F2P/Cash Shops