Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Summing up the game

kakarotragekakarotrage Member Posts: 280

World of Warcraft looks and feel with the poor quality of combat like in AoC/WAR with a bit of it's own theme.

Nothing new or even good, wouldn't play if you played WoW/WAR/AoC.

World of Warcraft is a proof that MMORPG quality should affect schedule/budget and not the other way around.

Comments

• kakarotragekakarotrage Member Posts: 280

it fits both of the forums.

If the developers of these games didn't think of WoW in 100% of their development process I'm a pony with three noses. 

World of Warcraft is a proof that MMORPG quality should affect schedule/budget and not the other way around.

• Disco34Disco34 Member Posts: 13

I think you are being a bit over dramatic about it.

Allods does not have WoW's diversity (classes or starting areas), and clearly it takes a lot of the feel people love from WoW, but it does have a lot of fun unique features. It is much more polished than Alganon. It is definately fun, just not as replayable as WoW or WAR. But then again, most MMORPG's being released these days usually only have 1 starting area per faction. Either developers are in too much hurry to put out their game, or people really dont care about replayablity anymore.

• Disco34Disco34 Member Posts: 13

I agree with you Parrot, it has enough differences from WoW to make it a fun new experience (much more so than Alganon). It is a bit discuraging that it does not have WoW, WAR or Vanguards replayablity, but it still will be fun to play for a while.

Personally I consider the F2P a huge minus. The makers of F2P almost always get greedy and really make you disadvantaged if you dont spend a ton of money (specially the F2P PvP games). I would rather pay my $15/month and know I am not going to be scammed out of more money so I can compete with others.

Also, a game being comparable to WoW is a good thing not bad- as long as it is not buggy as hell and hopefully has more original content. 

• SgtFrogSgtFrog Member Posts: 5,001

WOW+Steam Punk = Allods

March on! - Lets Invade Pekopon

• kakarotragekakarotrage Member Posts: 280

Animation is really WoW wanna be , I played this character who had like the exact same jump like undead with the hands and everything.. I know it's whiny but if I wasn't lazy I would make a video and you would see it's just almost 1:1 exactly.

The combat is laggyuggy which reminds me alot like WAR and AOC, it feels unpolished and if you played WoW for a few years like me  you'll react to it like you reacted to AoC/WAR buggy/laggy combat:"BAHHH".

• gorillaz951gorillaz951 Member Posts: 160
    Originally posted by parrotpholk

A serious reply ok so........first it has a cartoon graphics approach which doesnt make it like WOW but instead accessible. Its f2p with item shop so thats not the same. Story isnt even close to the same and I think most of the features set it apart from WOW as a whole. And so far the community in game is much better and more helpful than any found in WOW<

Agreed, Agreed, and totally agreed!

Community was the main negative I had with WoW. Nobody cared to help anyone out and would rather call them Noobs. I've played Allods CB for a few hours so far and the community seems very nice. Any questions I had, they were answered almost instantly the by players.

Story is more engaging and immersive than WoW was at lower levels. The whole Space/Steam-punk/Arcane feel really drives me to try this game out more. As far as graphics go, it's about the same as WoW. It's like that for a reason though: To pull in more players with low performing systems.

Currently playing: Star Wars: The Old Republic, World of Warcraft, Dota 2, League of Legends

Waiting on: Blade & Soul, Guild Wars 2, Tera, Kingdoms of Amular, Firefall