Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

After reading the main site.. I see OPEN BETA is near....

AtmaDarkwolfAtmaDarkwolf Member UncommonPosts: 353

So why this contest for closed beta, if they are going straight to open beta on the 28th?

Kinda feel asif I won the chance to scratch my ass.. I can do it anyways, so why the contest?

My Computer specs:

Motherboard: Asus p4p800e- deluxe
Proc: 3.0 ghz, 800 fsb, HT, overclocked to 3.44 ghz, 919 FSB
Video: ATI radion 9800 pro, 128 meg, OC'ed 15%
Memory:1 gb Dual chan ram(2x512) 400mhz
Direct X: 9.0c
Audio: Unsure, but is 7.1, 8chan surround sound.
Harddrive: 2x 120 gb WD 7200 Sata, raid 0.
Other: Logitec mx510 Optical gaming mouse.

Comments

• LeD3ViLLeD3ViL Member Posts: 4

well open beta doesn't mean you will get an account on the 28th if I'm right. They will allow players to enter the beta in stages. So if you have a closed beta account, you can play 8 days before the ""public" can. And you are sure you have an account.

And not only your stystem matters by the decision who gets an open beta account, as stated on there site, they will try to pick people so they have a wide range of different players.

So if you have a closed beta account be damm happy image

• XephonasXephonas Member Posts: 29

Duplex wanted to get alot more people in the game before Open beta started. to get the econonic market going and trading and hostilities going on before anyone else came in

• Lord_AlexionLord_Alexion Member Posts: 7

NO, devil, NO...

that's the phylosophy behind CLOSED beta.
    FoM closed beta's been going on for over a year! I know because I sent my application back in 2002, and never got picked -_-

open beta is "everybody come and make a free account, we wanna crowd this thing up!" so... yea, we won a contest to play a week before open beta (free-for-all) starts,... meaning we won a week more of playing. maybe less, if the same thing that happened on week 2 happens again.

• MarkkalterMarkkalter Member Posts: 9

Did you even read what devil posted?

it is stated on the website that it goes the way devil says

• Lord_AlexionLord_Alexion Member Posts: 7

NO -_-

that what devil says is CLOSED beta. OPEN beta is come, register and play.

• MarkkalterMarkkalter Member Posts: 9
    Well than, I guess they won't be having a OPEN beta after all

• RaydenRayden Member UncommonPosts: 13

Originally posted by Lord_Alexion

FoM closed beta's been going on for over a year! I know because I sent my application back in 2002, and never got picked

*coughs* bullshit *cough*

Beta started early 2004. Sure you could apply before that, but that doesn't mean that there was already a beta stage at that point.

Björn "Rayden" Waumans
    Face Of Mankind Customer Support
    http://www.fomportal.com

• TheRedDreadTheRedDread Member UncommonPosts: 158

Originally posted by Rayden

Originally posted by Lord_Alexion

FoM closed beta's been going on for over a year! I know because I sent my application back in 2002, and never got picked

*coughs* bullshit *cough*

Beta started early 2004. Sure you could apply before that, but that doesn't mean that there was already a beta stage at that point.

Björn "Rayden" Waumans
    Face Of Mankind Customer Support
    http://www.fomportal.com

I can confirm that Rayden is right.

• sygmassygmas Member Posts: 949

FoM Customer Support is swearing on these boards? Doesn't look too professional :P