Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

The Worst zones in Everquest

spades07spades07 Member UncommonPosts: 852

I was thinking about this on a recent topic, because some zones were horrible. I'm going to name a few:

Maiden's eye- this just looked like a half-done zone with mobs randomly scattered around. Really did not go on the models in this zone either nor:

Akheva Ruins- used to dread going there for raids. I think it was telling it was a hotzone not so long ago, and everyone just skipped it.

Plane of Valor- it was a sobering reality when PoP came along and came along with this horrid zone.

BoT-hated that zone with a vengeance and people always went there for that xp kick.

Burning Woods- unbelievably dull zone which was just redeemed by being there for epic quests, and an entrance to Chardok. Possibly a mention to either Emerald Jungle or Trakonon's Teeth while I'm on Kunark zones.

Plane of Water( I think)- used to go there for raids, another dreaded zone.

Yours?

Comments

• JimmydeanJimmydean Member UncommonPosts: 1,290

I really didn't like that zone that was right before VT. Not sure why, I just didn't like it haha.

I LOVED Plane of Water however, but I could see why people wouldn't like it. I thought it was a cool idea though. Coirnav raids ftw!

• tarviktarvik Member UncommonPosts: 84

EJ

BoT

Yxtta

Sirens Grotto

ToFS

Icewell keep

PoTorment

an 90% of  all Luclin zones heh

• Daffid011Daffid011 Member UncommonPosts: 7,945

Kedge keep.

To agree with Travi, the second zone worst zone would be Luclin.  All of it.

• JimmydeanJimmydean Member UncommonPosts: 1,290
    Originally posted by Daffid011

Kedge keep.

To agree with Travi, the second zone worst zone would be Luclin.  All of it.

Hmm I actually liked Ssra temple and VT. Well, VT was sort of a love-hate relationship. I didn't like raiding for 10 hours straight, but the zone itself was cool.

• MardyMardy Member Posts: 2,213

The new revamped Freeport beats all other zones as the worst zone ever.

I happen to like a lot of Luclin zones, spent a lot of time there back in the days.

EQ1-AC1-DAOC-FFXI-L2-EQ2-WoW-DDO-GW-LoTR-VG-WAR-GW2-ESO

• drbaltazardrbaltazar Member UncommonPosts: 7,856

mm i m playing everquest 2 and today i had a microsoft update on vista and an update from eq2 and game look  so lush 

dont think theres a lot of game that look that good ,im on starting area so it might change but all starting area look great 

took a while to find the way to be but gees not a lot of game look this good(eq2)

• MardyMardy Member Posts: 2,213

^ Wrong forum me thinks.

EQ1-AC1-DAOC-FFXI-L2-EQ2-WoW-DDO-GW-LoTR-VG-WAR-GW2-ESO

• drbaltazardrbaltazar Member UncommonPosts: 7,856

oups

• SwoogieSwoogie Member UncommonPosts: 399

I pretty much enjoyed all of the zones. Especially the Kunark and Luclin one. I do remember Grobb though. One day I decided to make a Troll just for fun. JEEZ thier starting city(Grobb) was terrible!  I do remember being at the Westwall in PoV and getting bored after a hour of so. Thats was about it. Kunark was by far my favorite continent. Someone should create a threat about our favorite zones!

• Jaded_RaeverJaded_Raever Member Posts: 17

Plane of Valor was wicked for charming enchanters during PoP

I hated all the 'boss' zones in Luclin.  So boring and unimaginative.  The outdoor zones were nice though.

• neschrianeschria Member UncommonPosts: 1,406

The worst was so bad they replaced it-- the interim Nektulos 2.0, before the nice new Nektulos was put in. The first revamp to Nektulos bore no resemblance to the original zone at all. Luckily, they didn't keep that monstrosity.

Now I reserve my zone hatred for the new Freeport. Grrrr.

This is where I draw the line: __________________.

• Omega3Omega3 Member Posts: 398

1) the entirety of luclin which was out of sync, design-wise, with previous EQ continents, and felt rushed for christmas season. easily the worst expansion EQ had to suffer from;

2) Odus always felt like an aftertought continent and i'm still not sure the whole erudites thing was really necessary;

3) Runnyeye (the dungeon) : isolate, complicated, unrewarding place.

My addiction History:
    >> EQ1 2000-2004 - Shaman/Bard/Wizard/Monk - nolife raid-whore
    >> WoW 2004-2009 + Cataclysm for 2 months - hardcore casual
    >> Current status : done with MMO, too old for that crap.

• SenanSenan Member UncommonPosts: 788

Worst zones? Every one of them that was "revamped".

• GrenadexGrenadex Member Posts: 3

Marus Seru and Neriak.... Marus Seru because it just seemed like an Oasis 2.0... and Neriak because I can't remember how many countless hours I spent running around to only end up back in the same place.

Life doesn't revolve around Everquest, just in it.

• VarnyVarny Member Posts: 765

I don't like the revamped zones because they just feel so generic and I think it's important to keep a sense of history and have the old zones how they used to be or atleast have an option to visit the old zones. 

However when I tried the game I thought they were all pretty shocking and I started in the Lizardmen starter city and that has to be one of the worst I walked into for sure.