Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Slow FPS

Hello,

I just started to play this game today and I noticed that I am having slow FPS. Especially in town and when I am in a large combat area. I  can run any other game at max settings and mex resolution with no lag and no slow FPS. I deleted the shaderscache folder as they said on their own site and that helped some. I am a little frustrated because the game also crashed on me twice tonight. I hope someone can shed some light on my problem. I am running Windows Vista Home Prem 64 bit, AM Phenom X4 2.2GHZ, 5 Gigs of RAM + plus a 2GB Flash drive used as Ram, 1 GB ATI Radeon HD4670, I know the card isn't top of the line but as I said I have bene able to run other games at max settings but not this ones.

God Bless,

Dustin

Comments

• CzelsiorCzelsior Member Posts: 41

the problem is windows vista...the game have problems with this system...sadly

-The Chronicles of Spellborn-
    Czelsior - Wrathguard LvL 50 -Dorzhan
    Kaiyn - Trickster LvL 50 - Deiquonril

TCoS Gameplay videos

http://www.youtube.com/user/czelsior

• fatenabu1fatenabu1 Member Posts: 381

Hello,

That really sucks cause i'm enjoying the game :) I'll just have to suffer through, last night I did a file check and did a bunch of other system settings in vista to make it run like Win98 and such you know the performance crap and the game ran better but still not as good as others.

God Bless,

Dustin

• drbaltazardrbaltazar Member UncommonPosts: 7,856

i run athlon 64 4600+ (32)with 4 gig of ram and a 8800 gt nvidia card ,and the game run smooth havent deleted anything ,im just after the start area the farm ,so occasional hickup but its normal it last .05 second and continue to play .

might be the 64 bit part the problem .did you try setting your card to replace all setting .thats what i did.

Yea tried all that, I thought of having it run like windows xp in compadibility mode.

Dustin

Already did the shaderscache stuff :(

• greglingreglin Member Posts: 2

i remember reading that there was a tweak that allowed programs in windows to use more than 2gb of RAM

http://www.nvnews.net/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=89138

but if you can't run it, then you should probably turn down the graphics.. i would start with turning off HQ fog and sunlight. after turning those off, i could bump my resolution back up to native res, and turn up the world/character texture settings and everything would be smooth.

oh and turn off hardware acceleration for sound because vista doesnt do hardware sound acceleration unless you have an x-fi card w/ alchemy or something

im on Core2Duo 2.4Ghz, 4gb ram, and 8600m GT 256mb

• TyrantasTyrantas Member UncommonPosts: 369

It has some problems with ati video cards...

Hello,

It doesn't matter what my graphic settings are. I still get video lag. I can turn everything down to lowest settings and then turn off all effects and a low resolution and it does the exact same thing. This really makes me sad because it is a great game but I refuse to play it if it doesn't run right because if I fight a new monster boom lag, if I approach town, lag... Sad thing is no other game does it. So I know it isn't my computer it is the game not liking something about my computer. I have heard it is my ati card or perhaps my 64 bit windows vista home prem. Anyways thanks for the advice.

Dustin

So I did the thing where I download the program to edit the .exe and now it works great. I played for 3 hours last night

Thanks guys,

Dustin

• TyrantasTyrantas Member UncommonPosts: 369

Nice to hear that u fixd it.

Hello,

It is fixed as best as it can be I suppose. I still only get around 25-30 Frames per Sec where as I usually get around 70-80 in all my other mmos at max settings. :( I hope they get all of these issues fixed during their redevelopment..

Dustin