Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

The Truth.

slim26slim26 Member UncommonPosts: 645

We are really slacking on making MMORPG here in our home of the USA, like we are getting really put back by all the over sea MMORPG coming out by the day that we all actually play, and damn near all of them are boring so-called F2P that we all kind of like flock to because of our lack MMORPG here. But hold on, we also see new MMORPG out in Korea that is actually better than our own here like C9, S.U.N, B&S, and TERA that we are banned from even trying to play... that angers me because here we do not have all them damn IP blocks, we actually like to share our games "from what I have seen I may be wrong"  we are getting owned in MMORPG Development and need to amp it up, it is to the point Korean MMORPG company's and other east MMORPG are laughing at our games! This is how I feel about what is going on, these are my thoughts. Here is a list of things on my mind.

1. Yes we got AION here but is it the real one?

2. Yes we got S.U.N but we all know it is not a complete version, like a bootleg copy!

3. All the other crappy f2p games that we actually play is just money in the east pocket.

4. The really good "EPIC" like MMORPG is just there for us to see but cannot play.

5. We are not aloud to play their games, even if we understand Korean.

6. They can play our games even if they don't speak English.

7. WoW is the big dog over here but over there it is really... LOW! and it was once a Korean game "told by a Korean friend on PS3net"

8. WE are being lazy to the point we just pay for copy's of their MMORPG instead of making our own.

From ricefarmer

koreans are leading the mmo industry, they are now in real time combat while western mmo still look ugly ass fuck and ugly ass combat.. I dont? give a dam what bioware is doing, all of them fail!

From tokencuzcrip

These are the next Gen MMO games from Korea that will make our MMO look like Walt Disney movie production made. Although Walt Disney with it's respective name have nothing to do with this. All I'm saying is that this is the real deal a consumer can get their? hands on from famous Korean game developers from the East. I'm just sad that America is so caught up with foriegn games. Where are the Americans in the gaming industry? We need more American wooting for home games. Not foreign games.

Many more all over the web.

WE all need to get into game development and bring it! I am working on my KEY as of now. Our Ideas be hitting the roof when we all be trying to help change a game but our idea just get  thrown away, so the only way to make our ideas happen we need to get into the DOOR!.

Comments

• SomeOldBlokeSomeOldBloke Member UncommonPosts: 2,167

You can't handle the truth.

• doobsterdoobster Member Posts: 736

/thread

• movindudemovindude Member UncommonPosts: 127

Remake EQ1 with AOC graphics, zoning is fine. Now thats a great game. Everything since has been a graphic improvemment and made for the kiddies. Well most anyways.

• slim26slim26 Member UncommonPosts: 645

Wow I  get the /thread... that is very wrong but why ? I don't want to feel like this place is a joke for any type of MMORPG discussion.

• CzargioCzargio Member Posts: 183

tl;dr Lack of good MMOs is America's fault, and one man with terrible grammar is putting an end to it.

• altairzqaltairzq Member Posts: 3,811

You are not aloud to know the truth.

WHY THE HELL I KEEP GETTING THE GOT DAMN GRAMMAR ATTACK, THE PEOPLE HERE IS ON BS. I AM BEING ATTACK FOR NOT GOT DAMN REASON, CLOSE THIS THREAD.

• EricDanieEricDanie Member UncommonPosts: 2,238
    Originally posted by slim26

WHY THE HELL I KEEP GETTING THE GOT DAMN GRAMMAR ATTACK, THE PEOPLE HERE IS ON BS. I AM BEING ATTACK FOR NOT GOT DAMN REASON, CLOSE THIS THREAD.

That opened yourself to more grammar attacks... and caps. Just take it easy.

Anyway we should unleash a UO2 worthy of the UO name and dominate the world... hell, it's about time, and it's not SC2. /dream

There are many western decent titles, you just shouldn't play these F2P 10 year-old korean games that get some american servers (with support way inferior to their korean versions) and they go all "NEW BESTEST MMO released... play free!" ("bestest" is on purpose, though the English used in the game translation may be poor) if you dislike them, although that will probably take out the majority of the F2Ps out of the potential games list for you. Quality > Quantity anyway, plus if you wish to be good in a MMO you can't really take more than 2 at a time unless you play 8+ hours a day... these are time consuming hogs.

If they keep doing it... that's because both American publishers and Korean developers are getting profit from it.

WHY THE HELL I KEEP GETTING THE GOT DAMN GRAMMAR ATTACK

Because I really wish I could understand what you're saying. 

Originally posted by EricDanie

That opened yourself to more grammar attacks... and caps. Just take it easy.

Anyway we should unleash a UO2 worthy of the UO name and dominate the world... hell, it's about time, and it's not SC2. /dream

There are many western decent titles, you just shouldn't play these F2P 10 year-old korean games that get some american servers (with support way inferior to their korean versions) and they go all "NEW BESTEST MMO released... play free!" ("bestest" is on purpose, though the English used in the game translation may be poor) if you dislike them, although that will probably take out the majority of the F2Ps out of the potential games list for you. Quality > Quantity anyway, plus if you wish to be good in a MMO you can't really take more than 2 at a time unless you play 8+ hours a day... these are time consuming hogs.

If they keep doing it... that's because both American publishers and Korean developers are getting profit from it.

Thank you. Now why most of the members here really don't give a crap on what is going on? I made this thread for us to talk about this stuff and I get bs from most of them. It is like what I type made them mad or something. Sorry for the caps but that is what people do when they are angry and I had a reason to be.

Originally posted by Czargio

You really don't understand?

I don't understand the point you're trying to make. I'd love to discuss it with you, but please clarify it first. I have a feeling it has to do with lackluster MMO releases recently, and the dominance of the asian market.

I don't understand the point you're trying to make. I'd love to discuss it with you, but please clarify it first. I have a feeling it has to do with lackluster MMO releases recently, and the dominance of the asian market.

Yes.

In my opinion the cause of the recent drought in MMOs is due in large part to the promise of millions of subscribers and making enough money per month to buy your own island in the sun. After seeing what WoW could do, everyone thought to themselves that they wanted to be next in line to be swimming in money. This led to all the unimagined games that feel so much like WoW but can never deliver the polish or content because of how long WoW has been going.

All the MMOs the people talk about loving so much, like EQ, DAoC, UO, and SWG pre-NGE were all made, I feel, out of a real desire to make a fun game for a tight knit community. These new games all try to target everyone, and in doing so impress no one. I think soon the developers are going to realize that WoW was a one-off success and will hopefully get back to making games for one community or another, not trying to blend all the things different people want into one game.

In my opinion the cause of the recent drought in MMOs is due in large part to the promise of millions of subscribers and making enough money per month to buy your own island in the sun. After seeing what WoW could do, everyone thought to themselves that they wanted to be next in line to be swimming in money. This led to all the unimagined games that feel so much like WoW but can never deliver the polish or content because of how long WoW has been going.
    All the MMOs the people talk about loving so much, like EQ, DAoC, UO, and SWG pre-NGE were all made, I feel, out of a real desire to make a fun game for a tight knit community. These new games all try to target everyone, and in doing so impress no one. I think soon the developers are going to realize that WoW was a one-off success and will hopefully get back to making games for one community or another, not trying to blend all the things different people want into one game.

Like Runes of Magic. They wanted to have everything for everyone but didn't do all that great with that idea. Like you said, they need to make a good amount of MMORPG  fitting for the gaming community, not trying to cramp everything in one.  WoW still don't have housing but people still enjoy playing it, they just need to listen to us and stop trying to KILL WoW.  Korea MMORPG is doing what we should be doing and I am not talking about the F2P ones here.

"IF I  have Grammar error please let me know"

• Fuzzball1Fuzzball1 Member Posts: 28

US game developers are not slacking in producing MMO's.  Infact, we are producing more than we ever have previously.  We are simply releasing games half finished and with very little content.  You cannot expect to keep your fans satisfied for several months before you release a new expansion to finish the game.

Downloadable content seems to be an excuse more often than not.

Take a look at FunCom's "Age of Conan: Hyborian Adventure" and think about all the press coverage and hype that surrounded it just before release.  The game launched and it had become immediately clear that the game was lacking in conent and had a lot of bugs and glitches.  The game went from being one of the most sought after games, having the most beta applications, and most copies sold in the first week than any other game in history to being one of the largest failed launches in history.  The game literally lost 3/4 of its subscribers in the first 3 months.

You have one chance to get it right.

Originally posted by Fuzzball1

US game developers are not slacking in producing MMO's.  Infact, we are producing more than we ever have previously.  We are simply releasing games half finished and with very little content.  You cannot expect to keep your fans satisfied for several months before you release a new expansion to finish the game.
    Downloadable content seems to be an excuse more often than not.
    Take a look at FunCom's "Age of Conan: Hyborian Adventure" and think about all the press coverage and hype that surrounded it just before release.  The game launched and it had become immediately clear that the game was lacking in conent and had a lot of bugs and glitches.  The game went from being one of the most sought after games, having the most beta applications, and most copies sold in the first week than any other game in history to being one of the largest failed launches in history.  The game literally lost 3/4 of its subscribers in the first 3 months.
    You have one chance to get it right.

A fate perhaps not deserved, I recently played it for a bit and liked it. At the same time, the MMO industry is the only one that habitually releases unfinished games. We shouldn't have to wait a few months to play the game we were promised at launch.

• Plasuma!!!Plasuma!!! Member Posts: 1,872

I'm sorry you don't like the current line-up of game, but that's not the fault of Western developers. That would be the fault of our ultra-capitalistic regime instilled in our publishers and stock holders. Had designers and developers more time to perfect their devices, we would have more enjoyable games, albeit at a slightly lower profit margin. But we can't have that.

Anyways, western MMORPGs are made by individuals who appeal mostly to their own culture. So naturally, they're going to try and appease the people they know over the people they don't know.

Koreans tend to favor games that we don't... such as Lineage 1 and 2: seen as the world's worst grind-fest in the US, but it's a huge money maker for NCSoft. Korea has a young media culture, so they are more interested in simple things we have already become jaded with (many types of video games, the grind, digital theme parks, etc.).

It also appears that Koreans are easily satisfied with repeatable tasks in their online games, but this is because massively online gaming is still new to them, while we've had it for quite a few years and are already tired of what's been done. Western developers are trying to do different things to satisfy their jaded American consumers, which is not an easy thing to do.

When it comes to that point in the business cycle, the going gets tough. You can no longer appease a crowd with the same tricks they've already seen, you must try something new... and that means experimentation through trial and error, which means you're going to get a LOT of failures. This is what we're in the middle of right now - a cycle of innovation.

The western world has been known for innovation anyways. We invent new stuff and the rest of the world copies it through fascination.Copying entertainment is not something you can get away with, though. Once consumers know how the tricks work, they don't care how perfect or shiny or dazzling it is, they just want to see something new.

FYI, the western world developed the technology that games such as Aion use. Crytek, Unreal, Havok, etc. are western companies. Real-time combat systems and pretty graphics are nothing new to the western audience.

Personally, I like American and European games. The numerous silly references to movies and books keep the worlds fresh and interesting to me. Come to mention it, I have yet to see any calls back to reality in any Korean game, which is probably why they feel like an alien, soul-less world of infinite hamster wheels.

I'm sorry, but I do not find Asian games that enjoyable - regardless of what statistics say, I just don't buy their games because it's very often a rehash of the same tired old formula, and without any enjoyable humor to boot.

I give props to western developers for trying something new, even if it fails; because with every failure, we are one step closer to that next ultimate game.