Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Guild Wars is the best MMO game ever made(IMO)

Comments

• SmiterOfFoesSmiterOfFoes Member Posts: 23
    Originally posted by tro44_1

Originally posted by Simiel

Originally posted by arenasb

Guild Wars may have low numbers, but they also have Low HP. So its basically the same as having high hp and high damage. (Same Fractoryal ratio) Iav been Shadow Stepped and Bursted down Instanly in GW. I dont call that Balance. Cause no MMORPG can be 100% Balanced. Even CoRPG cant be 100% balanced. Also the 8skill system, gives players with better builds, advantages over other with gimper builds. (Again Thats not Balance)

When many people of the opposite team focus on you, yeah you are going to be spiked. If you are saying you have gotten bursted down instantly by one person then I'm calling BS on you.

Shadow Steping Assassin burst Build?

(dam that was a lot)

I'll go ahead and say that you weren't doing anything to defend yourself once he stepped.

Oh wait,,,,,

I can know at all times, when somebody is going to SS to me out of nowhere, and Burst me down. So I can run around at all times with my 8 spell build + 2-3 of the defensive spells needed to counter them, when they randomly show up in PvP.

/roll eyes

If you are getting hit out of nowhere, then you need to start looking at your minimap. It's pretty easy to counter SS if you aren't by yourself, and see them comming. They might do a lot of damage, but they typically have no defense/healing, which means they also go down fast.

• djazzydjazzy Member Posts: 3,578

Guild Wars may have low numbers, but they also have Low HP. So its basically the same as having high hp and high damage. (Same Fractoryal ratio) Iav been Shadow Stepped and Bursted down Instanly in GW. I dont call that Balance. Cause no MMORPG can be 100% Balanced. Even CoRPG cant be 100% balanced. Also the 8skill system, gives players with better builds, advantages over other with gimper builds. (Again Thats not Balance)

When many people of the opposite team focus on you, yeah you are going to be spiked. If you are saying you have gotten bursted down instantly by one person then I'm calling BS on you.

(dam that was a lot)

Link that build.

Edit: I did a quick search on PvX and have found no shadow stepping assassin burst build that will kill you instantly. There are builds that rely on chain knockdowns (palm strike builds) but that hardly counts as being bursted down in no time. I'm calling bs on this. What I imagine happend to you (and has happend to me many times) is that you got called by the enemy for a spike, and the opposing group focused on you.

• tro44_1tro44_1 Member Posts: 1,819

(dam that was a lot)

Link that build.

Edit: I did a quick search on PvX and have found no shadow stepping assassin burst build that will kill you instantly. There are builds that rely on chain knockdowns (palm strike builds) but that hardly counts as being bursted down in no time. I'm calling bs on this. What I imagine happend to you (and has happend to me many times) is that you got called by the enemy for a spike, and the opposing group focused on you.

Oh yes. Sorry. I guess we all confuse Groups of Players, for a single character these days

/roll Eyes

(dam that was a lot)

Link that build.

Oh yes. Sorry. I guess we all confuse Groups of Players, for a single character these days

/roll Eyes

I'm calling you out then. You have never been killed instantly by one character in Guild Wars.

• McAvoyMcAvoy Member Posts: 85

Guild Wars is not an MMO. It is a Co-op RPG. Get it right or get out.

Inherited Will, the Destiny of the Age, and the Dreams of its People. These are things that will not be stopped. As long as people continue to pursue the meaning of freedom, these things will never cease to be! - Gol D. Roger

Originally posted by McAvoy

We Get This ALready. The only people that dont/Wont, are blind fanboyz.

To be honest, they are the whats holding ANET and Guild Wars 2 back, from being the great MMORPG that is could be.

Yawn

Yawn

----see---^ 

Only blind fanboys still believe GW is a MMORPG.  (Even though the Developers agree that it isnt)

GW is the worst MMORPG, because its is not a MMORPG.

GW IS THE WORST (Fighting/Racing/SHooter/Sport) GAME EVER ALSO, Cause its not any of those.

What game do you play? Because by your posts it sure isn't Guild Wars.

• Toquio3Toquio3 Member Posts: 1,074

this statement is incredibly funny, specially when you realise that you have absolutely no power to "kick me out" from wherever you think we are in.

Guild Wars is a mmo. yes I agree with the OP that its the best one ever made so far. but thats just my opinion. if you dont want to respect that opinion you can always "get out".

If you stand VERY still, and close your eyes, after a minute you can actually FEEL the universe revolving around PvP.

(Roll Eyes)

Is that the best, your Blind Fanboyism Defense, can throw at us??

Originally posted by Toquio3

this statement is incredibly funny, specially when you realise that you have absolutely no power to "kick me out" from wherever you think we are in.

Guild Wars is a mmo. yes I agree with the OP that its the best one ever made so far. but thats just my opinion. if you dont want to respect that opinion you can always "get out".

Get out || Stay

But that still doesnt make GW a MMO. It was never designed to be a MMORPG. It is a CORPG! Even the Developers of the game agree on this matter. So you calling Anet a Liar? Huw Fanboy?

• Bama1267Bama1267 Member UncommonPosts: 1,822

... still not an MMO no matter how many times people try to say it is. Look it up.

• hobo9766hobo9766 Member UncommonPosts: 457

Its not an mmo and even at that its not a very good game. Seriously a game where combat is pushing keys 1-8 over and over. all those henchmen its like playing tales of symphonia or a console game.

Get out || Stay

But that still doesnt make GW a MMO. It was never designed to be a MMORPG. It is a CORPG! Even the Developers of the game agree on this matter. So you calling Anet a Liar? Huw Fanboy?

you can insult me if you want, I dont mind. after all you are nothing more than just a bunch of pixels on my screen.

If you stand VERY still, and close your eyes, after a minute you can actually FEEL the universe revolving around PvP.

(Roll Eyes)

You are a troll. I mean you have even said GW has a harsh death penalty...really? Are you serious? You know nothing of this game and have repeatedly trashed it with your comments. It would be one thing if your comments had validity but most of the time your ramblings don't even make sense.

Originally posted by hobo9766

Its not an mmo and even at that its not a very good game. Seriously a game where combat is pushing keys 1-8 over and over. all those henchmen its like playing tales of symphonia or a console game.

LOL ROFL

I couldnt agree less

As opposed to other mmos where you pressing the 1 and 2 key over and over and over again.

LOL ROFL

I couldnt agree less

I use more skills in one 10 minute session of guild wars then in a 5 hour stretch on any mmo out there.

not to mention I used to afk in wow's raids as a healer and no one would even notice. try that in a guild wars fight. no really, try it. Id like to see that.

(Roll Eyes)

You are a troll. I mean you have even said GW has a harsh death penalty...really? Are you serious? You know nothing of this game and have repeatedly trashed it with your comments. It would be one thing if your comments had validity but most of the time your ramblings don't even make sense.

Losing Energy to the point were you cant even use your spells (would be a major DP from dieing) wouldnt you agree?

And you calling me a Troll? WOWWWWW,, Thanks for that Honorable Title!!! Thanks Man.

Guild Wars still suck!! WIthout the 0$ monthly fee, this game would die as a MMORPG. LOL this game is only good for people that only like Arena combat games. FPS are better at it. Rather play Burtal Legend online, then this.

The PvE sucks Hoorridly. Come on... You have to agree on this... Even as a Blind Fanboy...... PvP is nothing but a  unblanced-lame rewarded-Grindfest.

WTF and I going to do with a stupid Title MUGF!!!!!!!! HUW???!!!!!!  This F PvE and PvP blows

• hobo9766hobo9766 Member UncommonPosts: 457

Originally posted by hobo9766 Its not an mmo and even at that its not a very good game. Seriously a game where combat is pushing keys 1-8 over and over. all those henchmen its like playing tales of symphonia or a console game.

LOL ROFL
    I couldnt agree less

I use more skills in one 10 minute session of guild wars then in a 5 hour stretch on any mmo out there.
    not to mention I used to afk in wow's raids as a healer and no one would even notice. try that in a guild wars fight. no really, try it. Id like to see that.
    Nice flamebait editing.

LOL ROFL

I couldnt agree less

WOWW Nice Defense Fanboy!!!

Hey Did you go Afk as a healer during SUnwell? Oh wait, you never did Sunwell.

• BizkitNLBizkitNL Member RarePosts: 2,546

Originally posted by Raikul

The OP said Guild Wars was an MMO. MMO=Massive Multiplayer Online Game. Is it massive? Yes, GW tons of content and areas over the games and expansion. Does it have multiplayer? Yes, it does. Is it online? *gasp* It is! I guess GW is an MMO then. Sorry haters.

Huh? I couldn't care less whether or not GW is an MMO or not (Its simply a good game, period), but wouldn't your description make Neverwinter Nights an MMO as well?

Doesn't hold true in my opinion, but whatever floats your boat. Again, don't care if it is or isn't :).

• nukedudenukedude Member Posts: 101

I though this thread would seem as a mature one. The OP made some very good points which I agree with all. Tho the haters here are just ... imbiciles... Is it so hard to comprehend we are not the same, and like different things? is it so hard to just enjoy a game and leave others be?

Damn, I guess Einstein was right afterall... There are only two things infinite; the universe, and human stupidity.

@OP: I agree with you at every point. I have enjoyed GW for more than 2500hrs, altho I'm having a break for a few months. I might not be such a group player, but I enjoyed every aspect of the game. Solo'ed through everything with Henches & Heroes on both HM as well as NM.

I'm glad to see some more ppl share the exact same opinion as me.

@tro44_1: funny to see the one bashing this game with a GW-creature in his avatar. U dicided to bash this game for life or something?

Originally posted by nukedude

I though this thread would seem as a mature one. The OP made some very good points which I agree with all. Tho the haters here are just ... imbiciles... Is it so hard to comprehend we are not the same, and like different things? is it so hard to just enjoy a game and leave others be?
    Damn, I guess Einstein was right afterall... There are only two things infinite; the universe, and human stupidity.
    @OP: I agree with you at every point. I have enjoyed GW for more than 2500hrs, altho I'm having a break for a few months. I might not be such a group player, but I enjoyed every aspect of the game. Solo'ed through everything with Henches & Heroes on both HM as well as NM.
    I'm glad to see some more ppl share the exact same opinion as me.
    @tro44_1: funny to see the one bashing this game with a GW-creature in his avatar. U dicided to bash this game for life or something?

The game sucks as a MMORPG. Whats wrong with that? its not a MMORPG, so of course it will suck as a MMORPG. Iam waiting for GW2. I hope at least the developers learn their lesson from the first game. It was boring. I enjoy playing the large PvP fights, but they get boring fast. WHat I like most is the way it feels like a MMORPG, even though its not. (Ever play DoT Hack on the PS2?) Its basically the same thing, but without the internet requirment.

if Anet had designed this same game, to be playable without INTERNET, we wouldnt notice a difference, since the whole game out side of PvP, can be Soloed. Thats not what being a MMORPG is all about. Admit it.