Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Should Darkfall be rated so poorly on this site?

Comments

• SignusMSignusM Member Posts: 2,225
    Originally posted by StrixMaxima

Originally posted by SignusM

Originally posted by bongloads

Look at the steaming piles of crap that are higher rated than Darkfall.  Is  MMORPG's staff so scared to lose their gear that they haven't even bought a susbcription to the game yet (monthly fee still TBA)?

People don't rate the game high because they try to judge it on even ground as casual kiddie games like WoW. It's far deeper and much more innovative than WoW, but they likely played for 1 hour, got killed, and wrote the game off because it was different. Meanwhile, horrible same ol same ol games like Age of Conan... 

Reverse generalization is as bad as vanilla generalization.

Just keep on a'trollin trollin trollin'. Whats kept you around bashing Darkfall after so many years as a vaportroll? Sad that it came out?

• bongloadsbongloads Member UncommonPosts: 381
    Originally posted by Erstok

If it is truly the best MMO to date(doubtful) then play it already. If people spent as much time on these forums bickering about it being the best, then how can it be as such if you don't even play it as much as you whine on these forums about it. You morons care more for ratings on a single website. If you like and enjoy the game fine. If you don't who cares. Go play it then and stop all the drama. It got old back when the game was announced years and years ago.

why are you on these forums instead of playing a game then?  If you don't enjoy a game enough to be playing it and not on these forums, that must mean your biggest source of entertainment from your computer is going onto the forums of games just to write negative posts.  /sarcastic applause

If it is truly the best MMO to date(doubtful) then play it already. If people spent as much time on these forums bickering about it being the best, then how can it be as such if you don't even play it as much as you whine on these forums about it. You morons care more for ratings on a single website. If you like and enjoy the game fine. If you don't who cares. Go play it then and stop all the drama. It got old back when the game was announced years and years ago.

No one in their right mind would call it the "best MMO to date" because it simply isn't there yet. There are other MMOs that have had years and years of a headstart, but the way things are going, it might get there. 

Most people here are just annoyed because there are dedicated trolls who bash on Darkfall post here despite the fact they never played it. It's certainly one of the only good oldschool MMOs to be released in the past 5 years.

• CecropiaCecropia Member RarePosts: 3,985

People don't rate the game high because they try to judge it on even ground as casual kiddie games like WoW. It's far deeper and much more innovative than WoW, but they likely played for 1 hour, got killed, and wrote the game off because it was different. Meanwhile, horrible same ol same ol games like Age of Conan..

Often when I'm posting, I have it in the back of my head that I may be having a duscussion with someone such as this. I would probably post a lot more if I didn't have that hesitation.

Also that "Why EVE sucks" thread is still going strong. I must some nutjob or something because I've been playing EVE for years and still love it.  That thread displays how narrow minded some of us "mmo fans" truly are.

"Mr. Rothstein, your people never will understand... the way it works out here. You're all just our guests. But you act like you're at home. Let me tell you something, partner. You ain't home. But that's where we're gonna send you if it harelips the governor." - Pat Webb

• StrixMaximaStrixMaxima Member UncommonPosts: 865
    Just keep on a'trollin trollin trollin'. Whats kept you around bashing Darkfall after so many years as a vaportroll? Sad that it came out?

You appear to have a very hazy definition of the term "troll". Thanks for the laugh, anyway.

Originally posted by Cecropia

People don't rate the game high because they try to judge it on even ground as casual kiddie games like WoW. It's far deeper and much more innovative than WoW, but they likely played for 1 hour, got killed, and wrote the game off because it was different. Meanwhile, horrible same ol same ol games like Age of Conan..

Often when I'm posting, I have it in the back of my head that I may be having a duscussion with someone such as this. I would probably post a lot more if I didn't have that hesitation.

Also that "Why EVE sucks" thread is still going strong. I must some nutjob or something because I've been playing EVE for years and still love it.  That thread displays how narrow minded some of us "mmo fans" truly are.

People need to be able to be more objective and put their agendas aside, and differentiate between "favorite" and "good". I don't like Eve. I find it very boring for a variety of reasons. That being said, it is an absolutely amazing game. Very well made. 

• ErstokErstok Member Posts: 523

Really what is biased by a bunch of arse infested morons. Fanboy is no better then a troll. Are we talking Ultima Online? Or the original NWN on AOL? Do not minsc my words. This is in anyway shape or form an old school mmo in the last 5 years. The game has been pushed back longer then 5 years itself for crying out loud. Only a retard goes blind eye to the facts. Majority of the entire game is based off other things already done and made. Old school or new school it does not matter. If the game is crap you can't go a blind eye to the facts.

Want old school play D&D the board game. Darkfall is nothing short of a blatant zealot fest full of unquestioning retards on both fronts. Again if the game is great fine go play it. Just because some of us don't play it doesn't mean we want you to shove your crap down are throats. If some of us hold interest to play it we will. I myself never will, deal with it. I prefer BG or PS:T over this knock off crap.

Forums are filled with post count loving quote whores.

When did you start playing "old school" MMO's. World Of Warcraft?

• marcustmarcust Member UncommonPosts: 495

Well Erstok I can only speak for myself, but it is early Monday morning here and I am reading some websites over breakfast (because I am sick of rehashed news stories about mass slayings in America). I scanned the latest topics on this site, read the last 3 or 4 posts and replied with my honest opinion.

I have 5 MMO icons sitting in the bottom right hand corner of my desktop, they are: LOTRO, darkfall, Dndlauncher, mortal beta and Aion. The only one of these I've clicked on in the last week has been darkfall. I was on with mates last night and had a good time.

Off to work now. Cheers.

Playing: Darkfall New Dawn (and planning to play Fallout 76)
    Favourite games have included: UO, Lineage2, Darkfall, Lotro, Baldur's Gate, SSX, FF7 and yes the original Wizardry on an Apple IIe

Originally posted by parrotpholk

Look at the steaming piles of crap that are higher rated than Darkfall.  Is  MMORPG's staff so scared to lose their gear that they haven't even bought a susbcription to the game yet (monthly fee still TBA)?

People don't rate the game high because they try to judge it on even ground as casual kiddie games like WoW. It's far deeper and much more innovative than WoW, but they likely played for 1 hour, got killed, and wrote the game off because it was different. Meanwhile, horrible same ol same ol games like Age of Conan... 

So in your opinion its deep and innovative yet many will say its the most shallow box of sand on the market. See how opinions work there. I have yet to see a rage quit because of 1 kill and 1 hour of play. Most seem to give it a lil bit of time before they get bored. Many I quit posts are due to boredom and not because the depth of the game or toughness. 

Eurogamer's first reviewer rage quit after about an hour and a few deaths

Really what is biased by a bunch of arse infested morons. Fanboy is no better then a troll. Are we talking Ultima Online? Or the original NWN on AOL? Do not minsc my words. This is in anyway shape or form an old school mmo in the last 5 years. The game has been pushed back longer then 5 years itself for crying out loud. Only a retard goes blind eye to the facts. Majority of the entire game is based off other things already done and made. Old school or new school it does not matter. If the game is crap you can't go a blind eye to the facts.
    Want old school play D&D the board game. Darkfall is nothing short of a blatant zealot fest full of unquestioning retards on both fronts. Again if the game is great fine go play it. Just because some of us don't play it doesn't mean we want you to shove your crap down are throats. If some of us hold interest to play it we will. I myself never will, deal with it. I prefer BG or PS:T over this knock off crap.

It just really confuses me the type of person who enjoys coming onto forums of games he doesn't enjoy just to post negative posts and fling blind baseless accusations.

Back to your first comment, what game do you play Erstok?  Why aren't you playing that instead of spending your time trolling darkfall forums?

Forums are filled with pathetic trolls and polished-turd lovers.

• wyrdaskolirwyrdaskolir Member UncommonPosts: 563

Even though Darkfall has a low rating, I still think it's one of the best games that I have ever played. Just because it is different than the usual hack and slash game doesn't mean that its not fun. I don't care about anything else, only if the game is fun or not. That's what I think and Darkfall is a fun game to me so I don't give a shit about any other aspects of the game like the bad gui when I don't give a rats ass shit about that. It seems fine enough to me. Does it need some extra rainbow colors to make it look nice? Does it need to be any better when I don't care. You can already resize every window and place things anywhere on your screen. The graphics good enough to me, the politics are interesting, I have good clanmates, I had a good experience of being a spy, so I like the game.

WoW sucks in my opinion and is extremely boring but it gets a higher rating because it is more polished (better GUI, more casual, whatever, etc etc) so it gets a higher rating because most people like it. Almost every other MMORPG sucks out there except Darkfall so I play it. I don't whine about the bad aspects of the game, I look at the engaging and adrenaline pumping aspects. I've never had an experience similar to Darkfall.

I'm just rambling on and on here.....

This post clearly sums up you have absolutely no clue about Darkfall. You say that the game is full of zealots who turn a blind eye to everything, yet the Darkfall community is the harshest, most critical gaming community I have ever seen. Kind of invalidates your entire argument. And the game wasn't pushed back anywhere near 5 years. It was delayed twice. From December to Jan, then Jan to Feb. And despite what you may want to say, Darkfall IS innovative, while at the same time being of the old style of MMO that true MMO veterans have been BEGGING for. 

• egotripegotrip Member Posts: 875

So in your opinion its deep and innovative yet many will say its the most shallow box of sand on the market. See how opinions work there. I have yet to see a rage quit because of 1 kill and 1 hour of play. Most seem to give it a lil bit of time before they get bored. Many I quit posts are due to boredom and not because the depth of the game or toughness. 

Yeah that's according to those "logs" that Tasos mentioned back then right? The non-tangible, easy to manufacture and non acceptable as solid by anyone unless he wants to infamous "logs".The same ones that anyone can have access to as long as they just leave their jobs / family / life back and get in a plane, go down to Athens, find the offices of Aventurine and just ask for them ,right?

Yeah that's why the second reviewer, and some other sites since then, scored the game so much higher than the first one

Iiii-iiiiiit's.... me!!! *Hooray*

• Anarchist420Anarchist420 Member Posts: 74

Originally posted by Anarchist420

You noticed that too?  It really must be .... HARDCORE!!!
    And survival of the "fittest"?  Are you serious?  Fittest at what?  Pushing buttons, moving the camera, extending your e-peen beyond the bounds of the limitless (yeah it made no sense to me either), climb any mountain, DIAL ANY PHONE! etc.

God more hardcore BS. So many people here are hung up on that term. The true definition of hardcore gaming is too dependant on one's opinion for it to be brought up all the time.

Stop overcompensating for things you obviously lack (or so it would seem with such blunt emotional posts like this).

I was being sarcastic... however, if you werent talking to me then nevermind.  And if you didnt pick up the sarcasm then I will try harder next time to appease your need for sharp unemotional posts, like that.... er

I think paying taxes, if anyone actually does that, is in fact more hardcore than any game.

• RavanosRavanos Member Posts: 897

Yes ... Darkfall is a bad game.

• YamotaYamota Member UncommonPosts: 6,593

The game has two servers, that alone should be answer enough for what kind of game it is.

• daarcodaarco Member UncommonPosts: 4,275
    Originally posted by Ravanos

Yes ... Darkfall is a bad game.

Compared to what? : )

• CecropiaCecropia Member RarePosts: 3,985
    Originally posted by Yamota

The game has two servers, that alone should be answer enough for what kind of game it is.

Your ignorance is showing, cover up please.

"Mr. Rothstein, your people never will understand... the way it works out here. You're all just our guests. But you act like you're at home. Let me tell you something, partner. You ain't home. But that's where we're gonna send you if it harelips the governor." - Pat Webb

• xpiherxpiher Member UncommonPosts: 3,310
    Originally posted by egotrip

Yeah that's according to those "logs" that Tasos mentioned back then right? The non-tangible, easy to manufacture and non acceptable as solid by anyone unless he wants to infamous "logs".The same ones that anyone can have access to as long as they just leave their jobs / family / life back and get in a plane, go down to Athens, find the offices of Aventurine and just ask for them ,right?

Yeah that's why the second reviewer, and some other sites since then, scored the game so much higher than the first one

It wasn't the score, it was the way he reviewed the game. He looked at the game from an anti-PvPer standpoint and didn't even realize that the way the UI works, for the most part, is due mainly to the fact the game has FPS mechanics. He could of rated the game a 5 and I would of still said the review was BS. The follow up review was a lot better, although I personally think the score was wrong (should of been a 5-6), but at least the guy didn't hate everything that DFO is like the first reviewer.

Games:
    Currently playing:Nothing
    Will play: Darkfall: Unholy Wars
    Past games:
    Guild Wars 2 - Xpiher Duminous
    Xpiher's GW2
    GW 1 - Xpiher Duminous
    Darkfall - Xpiher Duminous (NA) retired
    AoC - Xpiher (Tyranny) retired
    Warhammer - Xpiher

• ZiglugZiglug Member Posts: 69

Originally posted by Yamota

Your ignorance is showing, cover up please.

dot.

• bobm111bobm111 Member Posts: 153

well darkfall could be compared to counter strike only swords replacing guns. And its not  really anything that cs does better.

ofc mico-ing is a more developed as a play style then most mmos these days. But if you like that kinda of stuff ok.

Anyway the game will go to history as another failure imo..

<then again key board sellers might donate some of ther profits..

bobm111

• TzetothTzetoth Member Posts: 67

Ignorance? I read that statement as pointing out it's a niche game and not for everyone. What an imbecile for point that out, eh?

That is precisely the reason it's rated so low. It is a tough game to get into, and a lot of people who don't do their research are disappointed with their experience.

• RavingRabbidRavingRabbid Member UncommonPosts: 1,168

This whole discussion is funny. This website is about opinions and personal tastes whether you like them or not.  People are getting way too butt hurt. LOL

(AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAHHHHHHHHHH dances on hacked skyship)

All my opinions are just that..opinions. If you like my opinions..coolness.If you dont like my opinion....I really dont care.
    Playing: ESO, WOT, Smite, and Marvel Heroes

This post clearly sums up you have absolutely no clue about Darkfall. You say that the game is full of zealots who turn a blind eye to everything, yet the Darkfall community is the harshest, most critical gaming community I have ever seen. Kind of invalidates your entire argument. And the game wasn't pushed back anywhere near 5 years. It was delayed twice. From December to Jan, then Jan to Feb. And despite what you may want to say, Darkfall IS innovative, while at the same time being of the old style of MMO that true MMO veterans have been BEGGING for. 

The darkfall community is only harsh and critical of every game that isnt DF. What in DF is innovative? Full loot...wait not thats been done.,,,shitty pve oops nope been done, naval combat...rats been there done that, o wait FFA pvp.........nope not that either. 

Again, I will state, you clearly have no inkling what you're talking about. If you have ever even GLANCED at the Darkfall forums, you will see they are TEEMING with people who put every last dev word and feature under the microscope and there are several entire sections devoted to discussing how to improve the game. There is little to no one running around saying its perfect. The most you've got are people like me, who go around pointing out where people are wrong. That doesn't make me a fanboy, I just enjoy the truth. And the truth is, massive scale battles of this nature have not been seen since the days of Dark Age of Camelot, and back then, 400 people would make a game nigh unplayable. Not only can you far exceed the 400 man limit in Darkfall without the game crashing, but these battles are TWITCH BASED. You know, like an FPS? You aim your arrow, sword, and magic. That is so far beyond innovative I don't even know what you want. The monster AI is also new, though I hear Rhyzome has good AI as well. And if you can show me a game that pulled off GOOD naval combat, I wanna hear about it, cause the naval combat in DAoC certainly wasn't too good. But the argument is not about how innovative Darkfall is (though you'd be hard pressed to name another game with all the features Darkfall has) it's about the fact that you have NO IDEA what you're talking about, and just ramble on using information you probably gathered from random trolls. 

Originally posted by egotrip

Another one who has no idea what they're talking about even in the slightest. You must have been one of the vaporware conspiracy theorists. Let me point out all the areas where you're mistaken. 

First off, something funny occurred to me the other day, I was listening a podcast from Penny Arcade, and they mentioned how it is an absolutely horrible idea, from a company's standpoint, to debate a review. It does more harm than good. Then they mentioned something I found quite hysterical, they said the only exception to that rule they ever encountered. This exception was when some website's review was so far off the mark that it was almost like they were talking about another game. The game being reviewed had everything logged and on file, and it turns out the guy had only played for about an hour or so before quitting and writing the review. The company got much acclaim and the review was pulled. Same exact thing happened to Aventurine, but the former vaportrolls have to invent elaborate stories about how Aventurine busted into their logs and edited all the files so that it looked like the reviewer never played the game! Those horrible jerks at Aventurine! If they were going to do something like that, why wouldn't they edit the logs to make it look like he only played a half hour?

Now, the issue was never with how many hours this guy played, thats just something trolls liked to harp on for whatever reason. The issue here was there was a massive amount of factual errors in the review itself. Things as wrong as Zitron claiming that the game had a system of auto attack, like WoW's, where hit chance was based on random dice rolls. That's a huge glaring error, because a major part of the game is the fact that it is twitch based, and that hits are based on actually hitting monsters. The review was rife with inaccuracies like this, and to be honest, I was SHOCKED that Aventurine said he played for more than 10 minutes. 

Another thing to consider, the review history of this guy. In his previous reviews, he gave WoW a 9.8 or something like that. Clearly not the man for the job to review an indie niche PvP based MMO. 

Lastly, the second review, that eventually came out, under the radar, like 3-4 months later, gave the game a 4 or a 6 or something like that. Know why? Because a company like Eurogamer isn't going to admit they made a mistake, they have their reputation to protect, so they make the empty gesture to do a second review, and get some high profile guy to do it, then give basically the same score again saying "well, you can't argue with it now, and if 2 people found the game to be bad, then clearly we were correct!" 

The text in the actual second review was a lot more comprehensive and picked out a lot of flaws that were in Darkfall at the time, but the review itself read like a 7 or an 8, yet the end score was 4, because of political manuevering. 

If you cannot see these simple things, then I weep for the IQ of your children. 

Keep on trolling though, I'm sure you find it fun.